1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Summary of Salvation

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Spoudazo, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

RE:way of

Spoudazo,

I am interested what was on your sight you wanted us to look at? My cybersitter blocked it and since it is 6:20 in the a.m. I am not going to wake my wife :sleeping_2: and ask her for the pass word. :tongue3: :smilewinkgrin:

thjplgvp

3. IIJohn7

IIJohn7 New Member

I think Kirk Camron needs a new haircut.

4. IIJohn7

IIJohn7 New Member

Ok, I went to their website and watched most of their clips. Most of their "How to deal with..." stuff is pretty good. However, I did have 2 problems with them.

1) They seem to be telling people that you need a change of life in order to be saved. That's works-based and is not biblical.

2) They had several perfect oportunites to pray with someone so that they could recieve Christ, but they told them instead to pray when they got home. NEVER leave Satan a back door!! Who knows if those people, who were primed and ready to recieve Christ, ever got saved?!?!?

5. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

I didn't really see anyone under conviction and wanting Christ.

Satan a back door? Once God is drawing someone to salvation, He'll stick with them for quite a while, but there is a "cutt-off" point, I know. (Romans 1:20-28)

6. IIJohn7

IIJohn7 New Member

Not in the video you showed, but on their website they had examples of when they were witnessing to folks. There were some that really took to heart what they were told. Instead of asking them if they would like to accept Jesus right now, they said "Go home and pray tonight."

Sure, God will work on their hearts, but if a person isn't there to encourage them to take the next step, Satan will step in and place all kinds of doubts, fears, etc. Always take the time to pray with the individual if they will accept Christ. Telling them to pray later just leaves way for them to forget, get caught up in the world, listen to Joel Olsteen, etc.

7. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

I guess I'm just hesitant and try to stay away from any form of "quick prayerism" (a la the late Jack Hyles, etc.)

8. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

What does the 10 Commandments have to do with salvation or winning people to the Lord? The law was layed down in the OT to give the people guides to live by. Where in the Bible does it say that God will judge using the 10 commandments? He will judge us according to what we've done in this body.
    I also noticed that they didn't open the Bible and show ANY scripture to witness or confirm what they were saying to the people they confronted on the street. They also never explained what 'born again' was.
    I personally think that they weren't asking all the right questions such as "Are you 100% sure that your going to heaven" etc. I also felt that they were trying to convict the people into getting saved. That isn't their job; its the Holy Spirit's. I understand that they were telling the people that they were sinners. But there is a much easier way of doing that; use the scriptures to tell them.
    I also didn't like how Kirk Cameron ended the conversation with the Jew the way he did. He acted like it was an interview and not really anything serious. And what is with taping these people and holding a microphone up to them while your asking questions like they were asking. It is an interview people! I understand that it, I guess, is necessary to do this for a TV show. But we are talking about peoples souls for pete's sake! Satan is going to use the fact that they are on television as a distraction.
    I know that I'm complaining alot and seem to act like I know how people should witness. Please don't take what I've said that way. It just..... makes me mad to see the way that they are 'spreading the gospel'.

#8 Clean1, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  9. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

:) In order for someone to be saved, they must first realize they are a sinner, and this realization comes from the Holy Spirit of God, who uses the law of God to do so. I am not saying he uses Deut. 22 or some other chapter that deals with dress, customs, etc.

#9 Spoudazo, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  10. mima

mima New Member

Here is some scripture to be considered. Romans 10:13, Acts 2:21 Joel2:32 all say the same thing, this Scriptures say,"That whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Considering again the video I do not recall anyone inviting these people to call on the name of the Lord and be saved! Jesus spoke of the law because he was born under the law, lived under the law, and glory to God fulfilled the law for all who will believe on him. Today we live in the age of grace. But many people continue to condemn and hammer the lost with the weight of the law. Remember this," Sin cannot send you to hell, why not? Because the Lord Jesus Christ has paid for all sins on the cross at Calvary !What sends a person to hell is their failure to accept that payment made by Jesus.

#10 mima, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2006
  11. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

No one goes to a doctor unless they are sick, no one puts gas in their car if they don't think they need it, and no one eats unless they realize they are hungry.

Even so, people must realize they are sinners before they will come to Christ.

When the Holy Spirit shows us we're lost, He shows us we're sinners, but doens't require us to name every sin we've ever done. He just wants us to get to Jesus and recieve Him, because we know we're sinners and that only Jesus Christ can fix that, because He did on Calvary!

Then He arose for justification, praise the Lord! :)

12. MatthewDiscipleOfGod

I know Way of the Master very well. I have been to a fund raising dinner for them and have talked to Todd Friel a few times when we run into him here in Minnesota. I can guarantee you that they give the good news. They don't want to have people "say a little prayer" though and make them think they are saved if they don't have a broken heart that is ready to make that step. Being saved is more then just some magical prayer you say. It takes a broken heart that is wanting Jesus to be their Savior and make them a new creature.

13. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

There's a good verse on the subject. :)