1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sunni group attacks al-Qaeda base

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Nov 11, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all due respect, it will be you Republicans who are losing it big time come November 2008.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest that the Democrats concentrate on health care, Social Security, and education.

Trust More on Issues
    October 2007

Issue
    Dems
    GOPs
    Net Dem Advtg.

Health Care
    53%
    32%
    +21

Social Security
    49%
    33%
    +16

Education
    48%
    35%
    +13

Abortion
    43%
    35%
    +8

Gov't Ethics &
    Corruption
    38%
    30%
    +8

Economy
    46%
    41%
    +5

Taxes
    45%
    40%
    +5

Immigration
    41%
    36%
    +5

Iraq
    45%
    41%
    +4

Nat'l Security/ War on Terror
    41%
    45%

- www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues__1/trust_on_issues

The Democrats even lead the Republicans on the Iraq War.

#22 KenH, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

You mean "here" as in the BB?

If so, I have simply exercised my free speech right and posted my opinions. Do you think I shouldn't be allowed to express my opinions?

BTW, don't worry, I don't make policy for the Democratic Party, I'm just one voter.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

No doubt about this. Of coursae the Democratic apologists on the board will continue to carry the water and spout the administered talking points as given by media matters and the coat tail rider. The Dems need bad news to survive and further their communist agenda.:thumbs:

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Ken talks out of both sides of his mouth. He is a Ron Paul supporter? And he wants the Democrats to control health care and social security? Ron Paul would do away with both of these programs and Ken would be all for that.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wouldn't do them any good. I will maintain my independence and remain a conservative.

As for the democrat party as a whole, no foreign power and no enemy could have done more to undermine the mission of our armed forces in Iraq.

Their actions and their words have been beyond despicable. I've seen their act before and it's just as despicable this time as it was the last time.

Words cannot express my total contempt for the democrat party.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The Democratic Party is pathetic. The only way they can win an election is the Republicans fail to lead, which is the only reason they have a chance in 2008. Harry Truman was the last Democratic President that was a true leader.

Back to the op. Ps104 is completely correct on this issue. It has nothing to do with how we got in Iraq, or the half truths that were reported. The fact is we are there. It is quite a refreshing change to see the Iraqis attacking the true enemy, Al Qaeda.

Why does everyone remain focused on George Bush and his past mistakes. He has one year left, yesterday's history. The best he can do is have a series of events like this to make conditions more likely for us to withdraw.

For those who think the Democrat elected next year will withdraw, get real. He or she will find it impossible if conditions are as now. Be glad this happened. Positive news for a change.

If as much time was spent on getting Giuliani and Romney defeated at the polls so we could have a conservative nominee, instead of worrying about George Bush, we would be much better off.

#27 saturneptune, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  8. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Not that I think KenH does talk out of both sides of his mouth, but speaking of:

(Bolding mine.) Gee... a compilation of such individuals doesn't exactly sound like prime candidates for governing a democracy, eh?

#28 Ivon Denosovich, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  9. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Wow, Carpro speechless....priceless!

This is how I feel about the Republican Party; I will do all I can do to see that we do not elect another one in my lifetime. Almost anyone else will do!

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't. I was simply speaking about the poll results on various issues and there are three where the Democrats have a clear advantage over Republicans.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you wish to be on the side of treasonous politicians, murderers of the unborn and the destruction of marriage, it's your choice.

And then there's the minor fact that democrats just absolutely cannot be trusted with national security. Again, your choice.

I'll :praying: for you.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More Americans trust the Democrats on Iraq than they trust the Republicans.

Maybe you think that most Americans are treasonous in your view.

13. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

(Bolding mine.) I'm still wondering how Ps104_33 interpreted your neutral observation as an endorsement. :confused:

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's far more likely that I think you are just plainly wrong. Americans still distrust democrats more than Republicans when it comes to national security.

By continuing to call for our surrender when conditions have improved in Iraq, democrats appear to only be appealing to their radical base and playing politics, all to the detriment of the nation.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you are wrong. Rasmussen, who usually has the most favorable numbers for Republicans, showed that on Iraq more Americans trust the Democrats than the Republicans.

Sometimes you just have to belly up to the bar and accept reality, my friend.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not talking about just Iraq.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine.

Rasmussen shows that the Republicans have a 4% lead in the War on Terrorism and that the Democrats have a 4% lead in the War in Iraq. So call it dead even on the War in Iraq/War on Terrorism scorecard.

That brings us to the domestic issues where the Democrats, according to Rasmussen, are blowing the Republicans out of the water.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    National security involves much more than the War in Iraq.

It's not even at all.

It brings you to domestic issues, not me. Everyone knows exactly what democrats will do as soon as they can...raise taxes...enormously.
    Everything they propose is tied to that.

The swing of the pendulum will reverse their excesses in due time. But the people that die because democrats are weak on national security cannot be brought back to life.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not the average voter. That is why your party will be thrashed in the voting in November 2008.

20. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Just wait and see who our next president is! Bet you it's a democrat, thank God!