1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suppose you're sitting in your car eating lunch...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Spinach, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

We saw him again at the post office. We didn't see him when we first went in, so we thought perhaps he was at the grocery store. In the post office we were given some boxes, one for us and a couple for a fellow missionary. When we got back to the van we wanted to look in our box. Just then he was there at my window, knocking. This time dh drove us to another area so we could open our box.

I'm not sure why he persists because we've never given him any money. We have not been unkind and have asked if he was hungry and told him where he could eat daily (he looks like he's eating just fine). Perhaps he is hoping that because we were kind, we will eventually give him money. I'm not sure. All I know is that I've never encountered anyone so persistent.

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Some things you might do to protect yourself.... Get a picture of him. If he realizes you are armed with a camera, he may not want to be identified and may start leaving you alone. Try another post office.... if possible. If you have a box in this office OR if travel to another is too far away ...... if you get a picture of him.... show it and ask others about him. Is he actually stalking you(report him) or does he do the same to others? Keep him in your peripheral vision.... but avoid direct eye contact..... he may 'feel' the uninvite and leave you alone.

Pray for him. No doubt he's a person with some kind of problems, deficiencies, inability to understand normal and appropriate social cues. Unless God reveals to you otherwise, it doesn't sound like a person you would wish to encourage by any gesture which might create an increased attachment to you.

3. MrJim

MrJim New Member

I have a license to carry firearms (LTCF) in the state of PA~if I felt my life was in danger I would drive away, if assaulted the perp wouldn't be bothering people anymore.

4. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Though we are careful, we don't feel that we are in any danger. He is a big kid with apparent mental delays. We think he is being made to beg and is being told to ask for money only.

I think the teen is a girl, but looks a lot like a boy.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Reminds me of an incident that happened to me when I was about 15. I was walking down the street when this rough looking elderly man walked up and asked if I could give him three dollars to buy breakfast. We just happened to be standing in front of a liquor store, and I asked if he was going to use the money to buy booze. He said, "No, no, I am hungry, I haven't had anything to eat for three days, I promise I am going to use it to buy food." I asked, "You sure? You're not trying to scam me are you?", He said, "No, I promise you". So I gave him three dollars.

He immediately turned and walked right into the liquor store. :laugh:

I learned a lesson that day.

I would call the authorities on this guy. He might be aggressive toward a woman or an elderly person. He is harrassing people at the very least, I would call the cops.