1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Clinic Regulations

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First your cookie analogy was simply ridiculous.

I am NOT trying to make them OK. I attempt to look at all three sides of an issue.

Oh, BTW, are you going to answer my question as to how many of the four points which I made- that you agree with?

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disagree
    Agree
    Disagree
    Agree

So 2 out of 4. Since you wanted to know so bad what I thought of your 4 points.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, this is the case of the Justices NOT applying the Constitution as written and intended, but wanting to redefine and make liberal law for the land!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blessed Wife, you mentioned that you would not want a Dr at a PP office to treat you in a life saving situation.
    That made me think of the Mini series "Roots" - a white man needed immediate medical care. There was a black dr at that location - but the white man refused to be treated by him.

Personally, I would see that as an opportunity to witness.

and to say that abortion is the ONLY procedure at PP is totally ignorant.
    Though, I would agree that abortion is one of the major reasons for PP.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which part of the Constitution are they not applying?

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SC back in '73 put in a new right. as I said before, where does the COTUS talk about abortion?

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To my knowledge there is no direct mention of abortion in the Constitution.

The Roe v. Wade hinged on the 14th amendment and the right of personal privacy protected. The rub is does this include abortion or not. The courts have ruled it is the meaning of the 14th amendment. It does not matter if you and I agree or disagree with that interpretation. This is the way the courts have rules and that makes it the law of the land. I do not know if the court considered morality or immorality as part of their decision. Morality and law are not one and the same thing. But that is another topic ... an interesting one, but a different topic.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    absolutely correct - based on the 14th amendment - the opinion that since the fetus is not yet born - he is not yet a citizen
    Therefore, their battle cry instead of being "a women's right over her body" it should be - the fetus is not legally a person.

Just came up with a great new slogan!!!! A fetus is an undocumented person!!!!!

Isnt this interesting - a person who sneaks into this county is now PC a undocumented person - until he gets a fair hearing. Shouldn't a fetus who is an undocumented person be given the same treatment.

Yes, I realzie that the SC has made a decision - but those decisions can be overturned over time.
    Hmmm - can you think of any?

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not so sure it was that the fetus is not a citizen yet as much as it was about the woman's right to privacy. Regardless, I doubt Roe v. Wade will be overturned. I have read that no case has ever had as much judicial review as Roe v. Wade. I base this thought on that if precedent is as important in future court decisions as we are led to believe then Roe v. Wade will stand.

I did look up cases overturned and a large majority of the time it wakes 80 or more years before the first ruling is overturned. The shortest time period I saw, in a quick glance, was 6 years. I was a bit surprised. There are more than I realized.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_overruled_United_States_Supreme_Court_decisions

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As written and intended, what does the Constitution say about abortion?[​IMG]

11. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Fifth Amendment, no person shall be deprived of life without due process.

Tenth Amendment, The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Zaac, why are you an apologist for federal judicial tyranny?

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    far more to suport the notion that it was to remain illegal, as both abortion and gay marriage have zero constitutional support!