1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Synthetic Biology

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by LaymansTermsPlease, Aug 20, 2005.

1. LaymansTermsPlease

Interesting stuff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9005023/displaymode/1098/

http://sciencereview.berkeley.edu:7066/pdf/5.1/synthbio.pdf

You thought the killer bees were bad...seems like I remember that was just breeding program.

Now that stuff will be assembled like Legos and the genetic level, who knows [​IMG]

I figure they assemble organism A to do good. It runs amok with no natural enemies, then they produce organism B to combat A, then B runs amok, etc, etc, etc.

Then the luddites I despise for their fear-mongering over new discoveries/technologies will be proved right [​IMG]

I'd much rather them play with e-coli and make stuff like petroleum eating bacteria though than keep playing with human genetics (stem cells of embryos and all that stuff).

So I guess I'm the luddite when it comes to sanctity of human life, but bacteria are fair game for anything [​IMG]

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Build a fiberglass eating bacterium and boat owners will have to pay blackmail to prevent it from being turned loose.

3. born again and again

Should people with thoughts of utilizing stem cell research be punished for having "murderous thoughts?"

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

No!