1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T.O. Joins the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Gershom, Mar 18, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a really Christ-like attitude there. :rolleyes:

NOT!

2. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I hope the Steelers get Keyshawn Johnson .

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Good riddance.

Can't think of a team that deserves him more.

Nothing we'd love to see more than a rematch of the Bounty Bowl.

Now we have one more reason to hate Dallas.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess some Christians don't think that they have to act like a Christian when it comes to sports.

How sad. :(

It's pretty clear that some Christians who should know better are being eaten up with either jealousy or anger over Dallas' signing of T.O.

Let it go, brothers. Let it go.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree since Dallas since is America's Team and it would be wonderful to see Dallas win another Super Bowl. [​IMG]

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know it's one thing to root for one team to perform better than another team. The problem with this thread from a Christian perspective is that what is being posted is not merely the above but wishing and hoping that a fellow human being will act in an unChristian manner because some posters don't like him and hate(since when should a Christian hate a person or a sports team) the ball team he will be playing for.

I guess when I was a teenager/young adult I could have been described as hating certain teams but thankfully I grew out of that childishness.

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I agree since Dallas since is America's Team and it would be wonderful to see Dallas win another Super Bowl. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of this idiot going to Dallas with all of the dope smokers, felons, wife beaters and other such pillars of the community that are a part of that organization.

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I have nothing to be jealous of and I have no reasong to be angry. Remember, I one of the ones who wanted him to go somewhere else.

If I'm angry about anything, it's that Andy didn't throw him out on his ear about five minutes after training camp opened and he wasn't there.

Between Lindros, Rolen and Barkley, if we've learned anything here, it's that once you let these guys get a foothold, it becomes a cancer on the team.

I'll guarantee you, Vermeil and Shero would never have allowed that to go on.

If we've learned anything from Bowa and Barber and the Pope (the good pope, not that guy in Rome), it's that the coach needs to know when to put his foot down.

I'm also a little annoyed at the coaches who broke up the fight between Owens and Douglas. From what I understand, Hugh was beating him like a...uh, I don't know....something you'd beat really badly.

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Mike

I dont think you can lay that on the boys anymore than you can any other NFL team - can you say Minnesota??

Here is what I wish - as a dallas fan, that we would have kept Keshawn - he has been a very positive influence - although without the game breaking ability that TO has, and spent that TO money on some great O linemen. They signed one old Jet yesterday, but the O line has been a problem for several years now..Without protection Drew will revert to his tendency to hold onto the ball too long and the running game will never be productive (look at last year). TO will not have the chances to be a gamebreaker and will instead turn into a team breaker.

Did ya notice that the Great Magnificent Tuna was no where to be found at the press conference yesterday - kind of makes you go hmmmmm.

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ken, I think you are convienantly forgeting some of your posts on different topics here in the sports forum. But thats ok. I understand you are excited about TO coming to your team, and because of your team having a better chance at winning you are willing to overlook some things about TO.

From your others posts about TO, I highly doubt you would be this forgiving towards him if he was going to any other team.

I wish him and the Cowboys well, and i truly hope he has changed. But only time will tell.

11. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Not really.

Darwin Walker was charged with animal cruelty for abandoning a dog, but those charges were dropped when it was discovered that it wasn't his dog.

Mike Mamula had a little too much to drink and was given a ticket for public urination (who among us in Philly haven't done that in the parking lot...the Phillies and Eagles are notorious for not providing adequate restroom facilities).

Sorry, but about the biggest thing you can get us on is that the wife of a low level front office executive was arrested for fleeing the scene of an accident and even she turned herself in.

That there are bad guys in Minnesota doesn't make the Cowboys any less a collection of dirtbags.

In all fairness, the Flyers did have a convicted rapist and drug dealer (Billy Tibbits), but he was traded almost immediately because of fan outrage. Of course, the fact that he was just bloody awful didn't help any.

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

That's a really Christ-like attitude there. :rolleyes:

NOT!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Just the same attitude you show when talking about the Pistons. :D

13. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was surprised to learn there's still an NFL team in Dallas ...

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Mike

I guess you have forgotton about the Love Boat scandal and the Mike Tice ticket scalping incident?

Since Michael Irvin retired and Switzer left town, the cowboys have been as clean as any team in the NFL (dont know that is saying much) but there have not been any drug/women scandals around here in a while

15. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

You mean since I posted about it yesterday?

So, how'd Leonardo Carson work out for you guys?

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

carson wont win any mother teressa awards that for sure - but he hasnt even played for the boys in the last two years - the magnificent tuna said that he was a big dissapointment.

I didnt see you reference the vikes love boat scandal or the tice incident in your previous posts - forgive me if I missed them. I just dont see the boys as any worse than any other nfl team from a character standpoint.

if you check out my prior posts, you will see than I am not a TO fan myself (he was on one of my fantasy teams last year - that didnt work out to well). but knowing the freaks who are dallas fans, my prediction is that in the first preseason game that TO will catch a td pass, run to the star, fall down on it and kiss it - and all will be forgiven.

17. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

It wasn't two minutes after they officially announced that TO was being let go from the Eagles last week that I looked at my co-worker and told him that he would end up in Dallas, I told him the only team that would take a player that everyone "loves to hate" is the team that everyone "loves to hate".

[​IMG]

18. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Like I said, where is Jack Tatum now that we need him?