1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Take the quiz

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Daniel1654, May 5, 2008.

1. Daniel1654

Daniel1654 New Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's your theological worldview?
    You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
    You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
    Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
    86%
    Fundamentalist
    79%
    Neo orthodox
    68%
    Reformed Evangelical
    68%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal
    18%
    Emergent/Postmodern
    14%
    Classical Liberal
    11%
    Roman Catholic
    7%
    Modern Liberal
    0% - :applause:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Interestingly enough, this is me.

You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 75 percent. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 75% Neo orthodox 68% Charismatic/Pentecostal 57% Reformed Evangelical 54% Modern Liberal 36% Emergent/Postmodern 36% Classical Liberal 36% Fundamentalist 32% Roman Catholic

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

fundamentalist, and not methodist.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You scored as a Fundamentalist
    You are a fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths.
    Fundamentalist
    100%
    86%
    Reformed Evangelical
    86%
    Neo orthodox
    71%
    Emergent/Postmodern
    36%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal
    29%
    Classical Liberal
    14%
    Modern Liberal
    14%
    Roman Catholic
    7%

I find it interesting I scored 86% on both Wesleyan and Reformed. I think it got it right.

But what is Neo orthodox?

6. Allan

Allan Active Member

You scored as a Reformed Evangelical

You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

Reformed Evangelical
    89%
    Fundamentalist
    86%
    71%
    Neo orthodox
    71%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal
    43%
    Emergent/Postmodern
    43%
    Classical Liberal
    29%
    Modern Liberal
    0%
    Roman Catholic
    0%

:laugh: :laugh: Didn't see that one coming :laugh: :laugh:

7. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Mine said "Reformed Evangelical". I thought the quiz generally good, though some of the statements were phrased in a way that made it difficult for me to answer. For example, "Christ's death was for all, not for a few only". If it had just said, "Christ's death was for all", I could easily have chosen "strongly disagree". However, with the second part ("not for a few only"), if I had chosen "strongly disagree", it would indicate (wrongly) that I believe Christ's death was only for a few. I don't believe it was for all, but nor do I believe it was only for a few.

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Ya know if you put all of mine together I am a:

Reformed Fundamentalist, with Evangelical Wesleyan Orthodox tendencies who enjoys getting excited and about God while reaching out to everyone in a manner applicable to todays peoples in more than the common and or traditional ways.

I don't know, doesn't sound to bad :laugh:

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I'll be an uncle's monkey.

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

This so-called "test" has been floating around for a while {["Boys and girls - can you spell 'Urban Legend'?" as the late Mr. Fred Rogers might have said, who incidentally was an ordained minister as well as a Seminary graduate, (and a fellow student along with R. C. Sproul, FTR, and before Pittsburgh Seminary became anywhere as 'liberal' as it is now. The great school of such outstanding lunimaries as Dr. W. G. Moorhead; Dr. A. A. Hodge, Dr. B. B. Warfield and Dr. Robert Dick Wilson, sadly, is no longer with us.) Today, that instution has moved well away from this view. <Comments removed.>] and has shown up two or three times before on the BB, in the 2 yr, 4 mos. since I've been here. (There are also a couple of similar ones, purportedly from other points of view.)}.

It's phony, folks. It was then; it is now.

Try it again (at your own risk), and you will see that it does not always "compute" the same, and the questions do not even appear in the same order. I have it up now, two times on the computer, as I write this, and the order of the questions is jumbled from one version to the other.

Don't take my word for it; Try it for yourself.

In fact, 'just for fun', I have just now called it up a third time, and the order of questions is different from the first two, once again.

This farce is supported by a secular "Cable network" company, for the purpose of getting us gullible types to 'click' on this, again and again. I definitely suspect it carries embedded 'spy-ware' somewhere in it's make-up, but certainly cannot 'prove' that hunch.

I admit to 'falling off the turnip truck', as it passed through. I just didn't do it yesterday.

Don't fall for this farce, please.

Ed

#10 EdSutton, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  11. donnA

donnA Active Member

I really don't think anyone depends on a quiz like this to tell them who they are. They are more or less just for fun. I would never take an internet quiz seriously, too many flaws in them for them to be meaningful in anyway.

12. Allan

Allan Active Member

Ed, you need to laugh a little. :thumbs:
    No one presumes it is an accurate test but is done just 'for fun'. Who knows it might place you under a Liberal Reformer with Wesleyan tendenancies. :laugh:

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You mean I'm not really a fundamentalist?

[​IMG]

I'll try to pick up the pieces and go on. :laugh:

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I have never been a fan of these quizzes for some of the reasons that Ed mentioned. That being said I donĀ“t think anybody takes them seriously.

The problem with this is the pigeon hole factor. If you believe this then you must be this when that is not the case. It is entirely possible to be fundamentalist reformed evangelical.

I can not remember what I scored since I closed the link before i posted (doop!) It was something like 90% fundamentalist 88% reformed evangelical.

15. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I thought some of the way it worded questions was weird, and I was backed into a corner if answering it even though I didn't like the way it was worded.

Kind of like answering, "yes....but I think.."

What's your theological worldview?
    You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
    You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
    71%
    Neo orthodox
    64%
    Reformed Evangelical
    61%
    Emergent/Postmodern
    57%
    Fundamentalist
    57%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal
    36%
    Classical Liberal
    32%
    Roman Catholic
    29%
    Modern Liberal
    11%

16. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What is funny to me is many are popping up emergent!!! ROFLOL

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I do laugh a lot, actually. However, I do not find anything amusing about 'spy-ware'. And I don't find it amusing when something is done under false pretenses.

I could find this very light-heareted and amusing, were it done for example, under Baptist Board auspices, and we knew who was 'rating' us, if we knew the standards behind it. Unfortunately, that is definitely not the case.

You are not told who is allegedly 'grading' the quiz, for one thing, and I'm pretty sure that I would not grade it exactly the same as would Allan, or some other, nor would a 'neo-Pentecostal', a 'covenenter', a 'dispensenatationalist', an 'emergentist', a 'non-dispenstaionalist', a 'Roman Catholic', a or a 'neo-orthoodox' or any other 'flavor' grade and rate it the same way.

That does not even take into consideration that there are many questions that are unclear, at least in my mind, to begin with, plus further, one must make an evaluation about them.

I'll repeat, for those that missed it. I did click on the "about us" link that is found in the extremely small print at the bottom of the page. I'm fairly sure there is nothing intrinsically "Christain" about "Oxygen Media" (a secular Cable network), "Babynamer", and MyOvulator.com.

BTW, who exactly is svensvensven? I'm not sure either. But if you click on the name and do a couple more 'moves' (which I again warn you, will be at your own peril), you can find 60 pages of these so-called tests, some of which I'm fairly sure not many BB members want to take (I know I don't.), merely due to the title of them. BTW, svensvensven is the supposed originator/author of six of these tests, five of which are purportedly "theological", and the remaining one secular, from what I found, before I closed the link.

I may well need to "lighten up" some more at times.

This does not happen to be one of those times, IMO.

And as Elmer Fudd might well say, "Be afwaid! Be vewy, vewy afwaid! I am not a gweat bewievew in most conspiwacy theowies. But I still weawwy cannot stwess this too gweatwy! Be awawe that somwe of these appawentwy hawmwess divewsions awe somewtimes cweated by pewsons of less that honowable aspiwations."

Ed

#17 EdSutton, May 6, 2008
  18. donnA

donnA Active Member

I answered a few like this, questions that seemed mixed up, which is one reason why I wouldn't take it seriously.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

How can you be for sure you will get spyware from that site? Since you clicked on it, I guess you now have spyware.
    It must be awfully hard for you to have fun.
    If it were on the BB, you mean right beside all the offensive ads flashing in our faces.

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I am not sure of getting spy-ware, at all. And I don't even particularly suspect the initial site, but perhaps some of the links. As to getting the spyware, my bride has our computer set-up that takes almost two hours to run through a "cleaning system" every day. Very little ever gets throught her amalgamation of such anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, etc., programs and firewalls. Yet still occasionally, something manages to sneak well through, before the system can upgrade to compensate for it. I'm pretty sure that the BB has these types of controls in place, as well.

Yet, even as I say this, and with a tremendous amount of spam simply 'blocked' and not getting through at all, there are over 300 spam messages bottled up on her computer (It is her computer, with which I strongly agree, as well! And I hate having to have her periodically 'fix' something on it, but she does have the training to do so, which I do not, by any stretch of imagination. She only allows me to play with it, sometimes, for were it mine and dependent on my skills, it would have long since been useless, I assure you.) ;) and the spam is waiting to be forever dumped in mass, from just the last week, alone, on my address. (The record take is about 550 for a given week, here, for me, and she also has her own different address on the same computer.) I'll dump both sets, when I get around to it, in a few. I recently posted that I had not even noticed an ad that must have been particularly offensive to some, until I looked for it, even after seeing three pages of posts, about it.

I am more concerned with not clicking outside the boundaries I am aiming for (I have to specifically 'roll' the mouse pointer along the right edge, holding the 'left side' 'click' engaged with the current mouse we are using, to follow the posts, and if I accidentally hit right click, I go back a page, and if I get over the line and accidentally click', or when clicking to the next page. I get a new window for something I do not particularly want, and its associated hassle. For example, I assure you that I have seen far more about Liberty University than I ever wanted to know, while reading on the BB. :laugh: :laugh:

Gotta' run for now, my fellow Kentuckian.

Ed

#20 EdSutton, May 6, 2008