1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Talking Rock Baptist Association

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Steve Feetwashing, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Steve Feetwashing

Steve Feetwashing New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Talking Rock Baptist Association in Pickens County, Georgia was organized in 1870. In 1874 it united with the Sharp Mountain Baptist Association (which was organized in 1851) to form the Jasper Baptist United Association. United was dropped from its name in 1882. As 2024 will be the 150th anniversary of the Jasper Association, I am doing research into its history. Thankfully copies of the Jasper's annual meeting minutes have been preserved except for 1880. Also, copies of the 1851, '52, '53 and 1873 minutes of the Sharp Mountain have been found. Unfortunately the only information we have uncovered concerning the Talking Rock is the year it was formed.

My church is a member of the Jasper Association. I read the 2005, 2010 forum postings mentioning it and the New Hope Association. So, I hope some member or members can shed light on the search.

I would appreciate any information (minutes, newspaper articles, etc), leads or referrals.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kentucky... I also did a search within my Hassel's History and there is nothing there either... I suggest when Old Regular appears again you might send him a message, he might know something... I know he's an admin on Facebook for PB's he may send some feelers and find out... That's the best I have... Brother Glen:)

4. Steve Feetwashing

Steve Feetwashing New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for you help. I truly appreciate the link to HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD, FROM THE CREATION TO A. D. 1885.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well weather you use the one Kentucky sent or mine, your welcome... Did you get the PM I sent you?... Just click on the envelope in the blue bar, to see it and are you going to stay here for awhile or are you just passing through?... Brother Glen:)