1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Targeting" and Soteriology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

I think some people put more faith in what people tell them to believe about scripture, than they put in scripture itself.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    i have not seen you post any scripture at all. So what are you talking about

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

You posted...

Here is a ((("News flash"))) for you Iconoclst.

Regarding posting, every poster on this board is completly independant, and gets to post however they want to, as long as they obey the rules. (no foul language, no personal attacks, etc)

Regarding my posting, I sometimes post scriptures, and other times I dont.

That is for ME to decide...not YOU. Capiche?

Thank you.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Its pretty sad if you don't identify paraphrases and addresses to my comments. Our little observation from your eagerness to stand up and defend calvinism, and most of your comments weren't matching the quotes you responded to.

If you would like to issue a calvinist exegetical, by all means, let's do so. So far you haven't tracked the English words, Greek words don't seem to be too promising.

Why don't you take your accusatory self back and address the rebuttals and actually converse with, or debate. Instead of trying to talk down, at me. Because you are making a fail poster so far.

Do you always just ignore any responses, rebuttals, comments, and cram your points on the table repeatedly? Cause seriously, I can get more engaging conversations at an atheist chat board. You are just ignoring anything you don't like and lecturing.

One of the moderators appropriately called me on a comment I made and pointed out this is a debate forum. Even if its just conversation, you still fail. You have to interact both ways for it to be a conversation, listen and talk, on both sides, else its a proversation, or schizophrenia when someone just talks with themselves.

So, care to join me and talk with me. Or are you going to stick to the talking down at me charade?

5. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Icon, go back and read post 78, answer it, show me to be a fool, THEN you can condescend to me. Deal?

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have lost any credibility you might have had AIC. Sure you can post what you want to...but this is weak;
    not much here:sleep:

7. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Iconclast interpretation filter activated::

You have gone way above my ability to make a response,I will therefore insult you until I feel good about myself...

You can say what you will, but from this ooint forward, I'm out of my league and will keep silent.

I'm working my brain overtime and still don't understand. I'm getting sleepy.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    i am not here to condescend, or show someone to be a fool.if you have a scriptural question I will answer if I can. This is a bible based board.
    Lets discuss the bible. You attacked calvinism. You offered no scriptural basis for your attack. why not learn about it first?

9. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

What a shame, you have worked so hard at it so far, the cindescending part. You remind me of my freshman yr in high school. I was slapped by a senior in the head, he said come here, did it again, he said come here, and did it again. That's what talking with you is like. Do you think you FLATTER ME, when you ignore all that was said, and just repeat how right u r and wrong I am?

You idolize a murderer that made doctrine from anthropomorphismsl. I understand the scripture just fine. You are the one making god seem to think like a human, not me.

I haven't attacked you, but you have insulted and condescended to me from square one. Go back and read the exchange.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I wouldn't call myself an open theist, but I like both Pinnock and Boyd, to a certain extent. But then again, I am not uncomfortable with the idea that I don't know all there is to know about God and never will know.

11. Alive in Christ

Fine.

Iconoclast, I am not concerned at all regarding my credibility in your eyes.

My "modis opporendi" is to have little concern regarding the approval of men, and to be extremely concerned with my heavenly Fathers approval.

Its just the best way to live.

And I am going to choose to not post a scripture with that.

I'll let you find it all on your own.

12. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Man, this was a burst of fresh air. An oasis in the desert. Ty.

13. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thanks!

But you may feel differently about me when you read my responses to you in another thread. :)

Historical accuracy is very important, and I am passionate about theology and have strong beliefs, but theologically I am comfortable with a degree of mystery.

#93 Michael Wrenn, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  14. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

I may respond differently, but not think differently. As long as someone makes an effort, thinks enough to allow that they may learn something, then the rest is on me. You don't have to agree, but if you have any respect at all for me, if I'm wrong you will show me, botn what you think, and why my view errs.

You show you are capable, so there will always be hope!

(Now after all this melodrama, I'm due to say or do something really stupid)

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thanks; I appreciate your post and the manner of it.

Don't worry; stupidity is inherent in the human condition. If we were to stop being stupid, we'd stop being human. :)

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

posted in error

#96 saturneptune, Jul 11, 2012
  17. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Can't argue that one. My daddy always said, I was either the smartest dumb*** he ever knew of, or the dumbest smart***, he never decided which, though. I'm a living example of your statement.

18. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

It was late and I was kinda tired when posting my most recent posts to you. I meant to share this with you.

You keep saying you want scriptures.

Hmmm? Thats odd, because some time back I posted an entire page of scriptures, at your request, proving that men do indeed make freewill choices.

You basically ignored them.

2ndly, why should I bother posting scriptures for you, when..when you DO comment... all you do is ((mangle them)). You absolutly butcher them. Goodness, its like watching ((ARCHIE BUNKER)) interpret the scriptures. I guess thats why you "copy/paste" so much. Personally, I prefer being "real", and post conversationally, from the heart, along with the scriptures

To each their own, I guess.

#98 Alive in Christ, Jul 11, 2012
  19. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

It's only funny because it's true.

Icon's game is to make bold proclamations, posture as if he were an authority, then run under the porch, tail between the legs if an argument that disagrees surfaces, he's not only harmless, he's purposeless. To this point anyway.

20. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFLOL @ "Archie Bunker interpretations"... :laugh::thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.