1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taxpayer-Funded 'Gay' Flirting Classes Begin

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Aug 16, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Taxpayer-Funded 'Gay' Flirting Classes Begin Tonight 8/13/2003

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides over $600,000 annually in federal funds to the Stop AIDS Project of San Francisco to pay for HIV "prevention" workshops including the flirting classes scheduled for tonight:

The following is reproduced from the Stop AIDS website at: http://www.stopaids.org/programs/events/index.html:

Title: Flirt, Date, Score

Program: STOP AIDS

Description: Want to flirt with greater finesse and date with more confidence? Who doesn't? Share your expertise and hear how others are successful in meeting guys and staying safe today.

Date: 8/13/2003

Start Time: 7pm

End time: 9pm

Address: 2128 - 15th Street

Directions:
    The STOP AIDS Project Main Office is located on 15th Street one half block north of Market Street.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Supplanter! I can think of a great way to prevent AIDS and it doesn't cost...
    In fact, it's found in the Bible! No sex outside of scriptural marriage should do the trick and it's FREE!

Diane

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Phoenix, a post was erased so it just looks confusing. That's all.

You're doing it right!

Diane

4. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Phoenix, God does not "want" us to get aids or suffer other bad consequences because of the sin of homosexuality or any other sin. Rather, God warns us and gives us laws against homosexuality or other sins because they are bad for us and result in things like, for example, aids. It is perfectly ok and even a good thing to help someone once they have acquired aids, even if they acquired it through sin. There are many people with aids who did not do something to cause it, they got it from their mother before birth or via blood transfusion, for example. Remember that Jesus came and helped us all while we were yet sinners.

5. Jameslef

Jameslef New Member

Sodomy is an abomination to God, as the Bible teaches but aids is possibly man made for population contol by the government as their are indicaions of that.

6. Jameslef

Jameslef New Member

Just another reason people should know the truth about about the income tax. It may be stated with conclusive proof that American citizens and permanent resident aliens, living and working within the States of the Union ARE NOT SUBJECT to the filing of an IRS Form 1040 and ARE NOT LIABLE for the payment of a tax on income!

7. Jameslef

Jameslef New Member

Just another reason people should know the truth about about the income tax. It may be stated with conclusive proof that American citizens and permanent resident aliens, living and working within the States of the Union ARE NOT SUBJECT to the filing of an IRS Form 1040 and ARE NOT LIABLE for the payment of a tax on income!

8. David Cooke Jr

David Cooke Jr New Member

kids: don't try this at home.
    D

9. David Cooke Jr

Attendance was alot lower when they called the program "live straight or die".
    D

10. David Cooke Jr

Free? Just think of all that money my buddys wasted on private lessons.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Your friends waste money on private lessons in how to be gay? Interesting group you hang out with. Please refrain from spamming with one liners in the future.
    Gina

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Unless you're completely sin-free yourself, you might want to rethink calling for a horrible death for sinners.

Also, remember that spouses and children can get it from spouses and parents.

13. David Cooke Jr

My point is that the adversisement says "flirting lessons" as an obvious inducement to get folks to laugh and attend an otherswise frightening, clincal class about the dangers of AIDS and how you catch it. I'm not spamming- I'm pointing out how you'd have to be beyond gullible to think that this was a "flirting class".

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Are homosexuals so 'dumb' that they have to be tricked into attending classes on safe sex? Is that what you're implying, David?

I think it is ridiculous that the CDC is spending such a horrendous amount of money to 'teach safe sex' to a minority group who puts themselves at risk by their chosen behavior! Plus, this is just in San Francisco! How much is being spent nationwide, one must wonder.

Diane

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

They have to "learn" how to flirt--because there's nothin' in their minds to allow it to come natural---"Leaving the NATURAL use of the body, they burned in their flesh one toward another!"--Romans Chapter One

Nobody had to teach me how to flirt with my wife! I guarantee you that!

Brother David

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

David, I had read the post above this one that talked about the class for learning how to be gay and got it mixed up with this one, thinking you're comments were directed to that thread. Sorry!
    I understand your point much better now. I still think the premise of catering to gays and teaching them how to avoid aids is stupid, especially under a joking premise that says it's great and wonderful. Why not just have an aids awareness class that invites those at the highest risk, such as gays, iv drug users, those with partners who already have it, prostitutes, people with multiple partners...
    Gina

17. mdkluge

mdkluge Guest

dianetaveg wrote:
    In the context of discussion of government funding of a gay flirting class the above misses the point. It is, of course, true that the spread of AIDS could be prevented without monetary cost if everyone were to either remain celebate or in a single monogamous relationship. In the present context, however, the question is what the government can do. The government cannot make people celebate or monogamous, whether for free or for any expenditure. The government might, however, protect the public health if it can educate some of those most at risk to make moderate changes in their behavior. Those changes might not be of the nature you would like to see, but they may offer greater protection for public health than ineffective government advocacy of what you regard as improved morality.