1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taxpayers to get rude surprise

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. Milhous

Milhous New Member

Who could have seen this coming :laugh:. I warned all my family and friends about this back in March. I kept my federal tax withholding at the same amount as before the Generational Theft Act passed. The tax rates have not been changed only the withholding tables.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I believe I will raise my withholding $10 or $15 a week to offset any tax increase I may see at the end of this year. It couldn't hurt. If there is no increase, it will provide a greater refund.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The voters wanted 'change'.

It turns out that's all we'll have when the government is through with us.

Rob

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

So, he gives people extra many back on their paycheck, but next tax time they have to pay it back, LOL,LOL!
    So those people on here bragging about their $15. or $20. extra a week are in for a big surprise!

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No..actually I'm not in for a big surprise. I calculate my taxes and make sure I'm not giving the government too much every paycheck anyway. If you would have read the article, you'd see who are at risk:

The advice given in the article is:

That's good advice for anyone. I certainly don't trust the government to withhold my money properly all on their own. Do you? Do you not bother to check your withholding rates? Are you one of these people that get big tax returns, which is in essense giving the government an interest free loan?

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

My wife was onto this from the get-go. (smart woman)[​IMG]

So much for the promise of no one getting taxed making under $200,000.00 a year. Seems that there was a song I remember from way back in the day by Three Dog Night.......

"Liar" [​IMG]

8. billwald

billwald New Member

For 50 years the JBS and others have advocated claiming extra exemptions for withholding and investing the difference. Now the govt OKs it and you are still unhappy!

9. Milhous

Milhous New Member

If I wish to reduce my withholding and invest my increase in take home pay, I do this voluntarily and with knowledge that I may have to owe some tax when filing.

This is different, President Teleprompter is telling us we are getting an extra 10-15 dollars per week and it's a tax cut. He is scamming us and lying. Only the withholding tables have been changed and not the rates. The people who do not keep up with the news are due a big surprise after the first of the year when they file their taxes.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

We are unhappy with the confiscatory nature of our federal government, and the dishonesty used to hide their intent.

Try and keep up.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

I did read it.
    meaning a large number of tax payers
    wouldn't this be like half the families in the country?
    the rest of this list, still a high number of families in this country.
    no we do not get big returns, we hardly get a return at all.

when we first heard about ti we figured ther'd be something about it concerning next years taxes.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The mistake has nothing to do with Obama, he doesn't develop IRS tax tables.

And according to you the tax tables must have been correct if we only get $3. That means we have nothing to worry about.