1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tears in Heaven?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Comrade, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade New Member

I have a question: will there be tears in heaven? I want to know what you think of with my theory.

In Revelation it says, after the Great White throne, God wipes away our tears. If you are born again then at the rapture we'll be caught up into heaven and so shall we ever be present with the Lord. (I Thessalonians)So if the Lord is at the Great White throne then so are we. Right? Well, he is where I think you have to look at Peter after he denied Christ thrice He heard the cock crow and remembered what Jesus had said and ran off and wept bitterly. At the Great White throne there will be people who will point at our Savior's face who went through so much for us and say I never knew you have no right to condemn me. But Christ will say I gave you creation to know there was a God and a conscience to know that you needed something and I sent my church to you.

That is where that Jose or Nikita will say Your church never came to me. Then we will realize Jesus said "Go ye into all the world..." And we will weep bitterly. as it says in Ezekiel 33 "but his blood will I require at thine hand..." Then after all the Great white throne is finished Christ will wipe away our tears.

So what do you think?

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Yes, we will all have regrets, and God isn't going to make us stupid and forgetful, we'll remember, regret, and God will wipe away our tears.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you notice the context of the tear wiping? It occurs after the saints are taken out of the tribulation (Revelation 7), the act of being taken out of the tribulation is what "wiped away the tears". The second scene (Revelation 21) occurs when the new heaven and earth come on the scene, the act of the new heaven and new earth coming is what "wipes away the tears".

The new age will be a time of joy, peace, wholeness and praise.

How could there be regret in the presence of Christ? The bible says exactly the opposite, there is not regret but worship and praise.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard a lot of "guilt-trip preachin" mis-applied from this passage. Ain't gonna be heaven with all that guilt floating around.

5. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

oh no, didn't you know that a Christian must see his life of what was and what could have and should have been in his walk. He will see all the failures at the bema seat judgment of Christ and will see others getting the rewards intended for him????

you know, that all kinda sounds like the catholic doctrine of purgatory don't it ;)

but according to the Bible, what will the experience of the backsliden for three years now Christian be compared to the faithful all his life to the very end Christian be?

does that question have anything to do with the parable of the manager who hired helpers in the morning with a promised wage, then hired more workers later in the day with the same promised wage, then hired workers in the late of noon with the same promised wage? Those who worked far longer received the same pay as those who did not work but for a short time yet the master said you get what was promised?

6. Comrade

Comrade New Member

Well, what about Ezekiel 33? what is that about? it speaks of the watchman.

7. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

well first off as for your first post I do not believe anyone in the earth that must stand before judgment will be able to say "your Church never came unto me." I believe that anyone with a heart that wants to seek truth will catch the attention of the Lord and will be sent witness.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Ezekiel 33 applies to me and the church age in which I exist exactly how?

The concept of anyone at the GWT NOT bowing before the Sovereign of the Universe and recognizing their own culpability is beyond me.

9. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

QUOTE;Heard a lot of "guilt-trip preachin" mis-applied from this passage. Ain't gonna be heaven with all that guilt floating around.

It is if you believe the bible.
    II Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
    11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

As saved people we have a judgement to face and then within seven years, (after trib is over)
    we will be present at the White Throne Judgement as witnesses. If you or anyone else think you will stand there basking in all of the glory of heaven while lost family and friends are cast into the lake of fire you are sadly mistaken.
    Tears will be very real in heaven and God will wipe them away after that.

10. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

We will have plenty of tears of joy, but none of pain. Plain and simple

11. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Plain and simple...maybe but not scriptual.
    The bible must come before tradition and emotion.

12. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I have been asked about those who accepted Christ but eventually fell away from the faith (backslid) and then died in their sin. Could they receive the same heaven that a saint who worked hard all his life to please God? Would he receive the same joy?

My answer was this, first you cannot "please" God, at least not in the sense you are gaining his respect and full favor. Second, heaven is not about works, the Christian life is but heaven is about being forgiven of your sins by the blood of Christ! Salvation does not come or go by works!