1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teens' lives in legal tangle in Fountain Valley

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by hillclimber1, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

http://www.ocregister.com/news/span-style-class-1834029-body-mso

FOUNTAIN VALLEY – The girls wanted to start their first day of high school today without the dread of bumping into the 14-year-old who was convicted of lewd conduct against them.

His mother tried but failed to get the court to modify a restraining order that keeps him at least 100 yards away from six girls. She said her son has served his debt to society and deserves the right to move on and pursue his dreams.

No mention that he received any counseling, or assurances that he wouldn't repeat these abuses. He certainly should be rehabilitated, and the girls safety, including any school he attends, should be assured.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the little bully can play football. Big deal! Last time I checked, playing high school football wasn't an educational requirement for graduation. If his mommy doesn't like it, maybe she should do her job and train her boy to be a man instead of a bullying crybaby.

I didn't read anything about an apology or remorse. I saw no mention of his concern for the welfare of others. Like parent, like child, I guess.:BangHead:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mom is his enabler.

The coach is a waffler.

"The coach said he has taken some of the players to the side, asking them to stop approaching the girls and making disrespectful comments.

“ ‘Look, I don’t want to hear anymore about this. I know you’re upset, but you have to move on,’ ” he said he’s told a couple of the players. "

His quote should have been something along the lines of:

Leave the girls alone. Another incident and you're off the team.