1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Temple Baptist Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Pastor Shaun, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Pastor Shaun

Pastor Shaun New Member

Are there any TBS graduates on this board? Does anyone know anything about this school? How conservative are they?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I believe both C4K and John of Japan are graduates of Temple, and also think some others on the BB are as well.

Ed

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Both of us were there in the old days :) , but John even older days than me :).

I really don't know much about how things are now.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

More 'old dudes'

Two more of us 'old timers' types, huh? :laugh: :laugh:

(Even though I did not attend any seminary, I'm still one of this 'old-timers' crowd.)

Ed

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be respectful, sonny. :tongue3:

There was a thread about TBS just about a year ago at: http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=40880

6. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

My dad graduated back in the day.

Tennessee Temple is regrouping these days after decreasing enrollment for well over a decade. They continue to be conservative although some of the IFBx Old Guard aren't thrilled with the acceptance of CCM on campus. Theologically there really hasn't been any change since Lee Roberson led it to glory in the '50s & '60s.

The college & seminary now hold strong ties to Liberty and they are following LU's lead in distance learning in both schools.