1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Temporal Justification

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Darrell C, May 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't find an example from 2 Corinthians given by you. Could you tell me which post that was?

And also at the same time tell what authority you have to debate the Scriptures, since you are a plow boy?

God bless.

2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wasn't sarcasm, as I said, it was an attempt of grandiosity, and an attempt to make me believe that you did something more than copy and paste something.

But it again shows that you cannot give a straight answer. Your hands are tied, your mouth stopped.

You must let other men do your thinking for you, and it isn't from the Word of God, its from google.

;)

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church did not establish the practice?

The Church never received money?

How long did it take for the corrupt practices of the duly appointed representatives of the Catholic Church to correct the corruption?

And why won't you just admit that corruption has been seen within the Catholic Church and her leadership?

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were those selling indulgences part of the Catholic Church, and were they among the leadership of the Church?

Simple question.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, what Martin Luther believed or didn't has no bearing on the issue itself.

I am not promoting Luther's teachings, and reject numerous beliefs he held when the Theses was written.

What is in view is whether the common man can expound on Scripture and draw conclusions that can in fact resolve Theological disputes.

On that point I agree with Luther, because his assessment can be seen in Scripture.

From the hat: you are overlooking the corruption seen in the Catholic Church which denies your claim that the Catholic Church alone has the authority to dictate doctrine and practice.

You simply won't admit it, because it destroys the platform you seek to teach from.

So if you are going to engage in any Theological Discussion, you need to read the Bible for yourself. Then you won't be making yourself look silly, lol.

God bless.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have. Cathode has.

Let me explain how: you say that the common man, the plow boy has no right to expound upon Scripture. Then you say that the Catholic Church is the only one who can, particularly her leadership.

Until now you have tried to teach an infallibility in the leadership of the Catholic Church (whose doctrine does not go back to the first century) when it is quite obvious there was serious corruption.

That denies the leadership of the Catholic Church the "authority" you are trying to ascribe her with.

Understand?

God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still waiting for an answer to this:

Secondly, I raise the issue of your authority to resolve a Theological dispute. Are you not doing what you said couldn't be done?

Seems as though it's okay for the Word of God to fall into the hands of a plow-boy when it is convenient.

;)

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, have to get going soon, so thought I would make a last post relevant to the OP itself: Justification, as found in Scripture, needs to be viewed in the context it is given.

I see a failure in both Protestant/Reformed teaching as well as that of the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Temporal Justification as seen here...

Luke 18:10-14 King James Version

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

...should not be confused with Eternal Redemption, yet that is what Protestants and Catholics seem to bicker over.

Eternal Justification was achieved by Jesus Christ, and it is His righteousness that the lost are in need of.

The examples given in the early part of this thread, before it was derailed with both the Rapture and whining about that rebel Luther, lol, show that those who were justified during their lifetimes died still in need of the Atonement. They died not having received Reconciliation and Eternal Redemption.

Not a single poster in this thread has provided the first Scripture that contradicts that.

Not a single poster has been able to address the points made and show their reasoning to be in error.

The thread will soon close, so, Protestant, Catholic, Evangelical, if you think you can deny the points please do. I will address them when I return to this forum for another visit.

God bless.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.