1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Temporary Salvationist 1-8

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Herb Evans, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

But James does not commit any wilful sin, even the knowing to do good and doing it not. -- Herb Evans

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Why do you assume I believe I never sin?

3. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

James_Newman]Matthew 5:19
    19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You tell me, Herb. Which commandments are the least of the commandments? Is it whatever little thing I don't think is important?

The fact that Jesus said THESE tells me that they have previously been referred to, so it is you that is accusing the Lord of not being specific. However the real point here is that these folk who break them are going to be in the kingdom as the lesser. Also, those that do and teach them will also be in the kingdom as the Greater. There is no third option as you Faustites teach. -- Herb Evans

Of course there is a third option, Herb. It is breaking the great commandments. If breaking the least commandments causes one to be least in the kingdom, what happens if you break the great commandments? Does that make you great in the kingdom?

That is odd, I did not see any such option in the passage that you quoted. I would think that the greater commandment breaker would be in the kingdom as even a lesser that the lesser commandment breaker, sorta like David, whose Davidic kingdom it is with Christ reigning. Did you invent that option? Or did Faust? -- Herb Evans

Quote:
    Matthew 5:20
    20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The fact that the bible doesn't give you an absolute line is hardly an argument against the doctrine. I find it strange that you worry so much where the line is. If you think you may be too close, get closer to Jesus.

You don't even understand the proof text that you post. The righteousness of the Pharisees was self rightousness. Self rightousness must be eexceeded by Christ's righteousness, which is not of works but of grace both for heaven AND the kingdom. The absolute that I have is that I will go to heaven and later enter the kingdom, both of which have nothing to do with the greeat commandments or the least commandments. -- Herb Evans

The pharisees were guilty of devouring widows' houses, all the while pretending to be holy because they tithed their herbs, Herb. You could draw comparisons to someone who preached fiery sermons from the pulpit, but spent his off time getting massages from gay prostitutes. Is that man saved? Sure. Is that man going to be in trouble at the judgment seat? Surely.

Oh, you like logic and Faustite reasoning? So, you have nothing to say about the Pharisee's self righteousness that they went about to establish. You are going to ignore that to tell me some stories . . . right? -- Herb Evans

4. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Thre question is not sinning; it is wilfully sinning, Mr. Evasive. -- Hreb Evans

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

What a great rebuttal.
    So what you are saying is that you believe a saved man can willfully flirt with drugs and homosexuality and have nothing to fear at the judgment seat of Christ? Or how about if I start conning old lady's out of their savings, is that OK since I am saved and am going to inherit the kingdom regardless of what I do? Is that what you teach Herb?

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Yes Hreb, sometimes I sin willfully. Does that give you cause to rejoice? I never said I had everything right. What can I do other than fall on my face and ask my Lord to forgive me?

1 John 1:9
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

But we have no promise that we will be able to enter the kingdom when we have sins that are unconfessed.

#66 James_Newman, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2006
  7. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

James_Newman]Yes Hreb, sometimes I sin willfully. Does that give you cause to rejoice? I never said I had everything right. What can I do other than fall on my face and ask my Lord to forgive me?

Well you could renounce your sinful Faustite doctrine. That would go a long way. -- Herb Evans
    1 John 1:9

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

But we have no promise that we will be able to enter the kingdom when we have sins that are unconfessed.

Well, that is a good verse. But do you confess them all, every one?

Being of Lutheran background, I first thought I had to confess all my sins to keep saved. Your theory is but a step beyond that. Pray tell, what in the world does the kingdom have to do with 1 John 1:9? What verse tells us that you have to confess your sins to avoid being sent to hell fire or being excluded from the kingdom. 1 John 1:8 also says if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (even after we confess them). You have no promise that you will be avoid going to hell or avoid being excluded from the kingdom and go to hell if you do not confess them. -- Herb Evans
    [/B]

#67 Herb Evans, Nov 25, 2006
  8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You haven't answered my question, Herb. Can I devour widows' houses and play with boy-toys and just be lower than the least in the kingdom?

9. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

You can if you want to; I am not a Calvinist. Be my guest! -- Herb Evans

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

And how do you suppose that you can reconcile this view with these scriptures?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

How can a Christian do the works of the flesh and inherit the kingdom of God, Herb?

11. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

James_Newman]Matthew 5:19
    19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You tell me, Herb. Which commandments are the least of the commandments? Is it whatever little thing I don't think is important?

The fact that Jesus said THESE tells me that they have previously been referred to, so it is you that is accusing the Lord of not being specific. However the real point here is that these folk who break them are going to be in the kingdom as the lesser. Also, those that do and teach them will also be in the kingdom as the Greater. There is no third option as you Faustites teach. -- Herb Evans

Of course there is a third option, Herb. It is breaking the great commandments. If breaking the least commandments causes one to be least in the kingdom, what happens if you break the great commandments? Does that make you great in the kingdom?

That is odd, I did not see any such option in the passage that you quoted. I would think that the greater commandment breaker would be in the kingdom as even a lesser that the lesser commandment breaker, sorta like David, whose Davidic kingdom it is with Christ reigning. Did you invent that option? Or did Faust? -- Herb Evans

What a great rebuttal.

There is not anything to rebut, if you can't find it in the passage, and I am certainly not going to try to rebut Faustonian logic again with you, since Faust and I covered this before via e-mail. You are just his parrot. -- Herb Evans

Quote:
    Matthew 5:20
    20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The fact that the bible doesn't give you an absolute line is hardly an argument against the doctrine. I find it strange that you worry so much where the line is. If you think you may be too close, get closer to Jesus.

You don't even understand the proof text that you post. The righteousness of the Pharisees was self rightousness. Self rightousness must be eexceeded by Christ's righteousness, which is not of works but of grace both for heaven AND the kingdom. The absolute that I have is that I will go to heaven and later enter the kingdom, both of which have nothing to do with the greeat commandments or the least commandments. -- Herb Evans

The pharisees were guilty of devouring widows' houses, all the while pretending to be holy because they tithed their herbs, Herb. You could draw comparisons to someone who preached fiery sermons from the pulpit, but spent his off time getting massages from gay prostitutes. Is that man saved? Sure. Is that man going to be in trouble at the judgment seat? Surely.

Oh, you like logic and Faustite reasoning? So, you have nothing to say about the Pharisee's self righteousness that they went about to establish. You are going to ignore that to tell me some stories . . . right? -- Herb Evans

So what you are saying is that you believe a saved man can willfully flirt with drugs and homosexuality and have nothing to fear at the judgment seat of Christ?

That is your straw man. He must give account at the judgment seat of Christ, but if he is saved by the blood of Christ, he will never experience hell fire nor will he be killed at the judgment seat nor will he get stripes at the judgment seat as you Faustites teach. -- Hreb Evans

Or how about if I start conning old lady's out of their savings, is that OK since I am saved and am going to inherit the kingdom regardless of what I do? Is that what you teach Herb?

Actually, that has happened with a good friend of Joey Faust in the UBF. I don't like the preacher con, but if he is saved, he has inherited the kingdom. Salvation is the criteria not how much bad you have done or how much good you have done.-- Herb Evans

#71 Herb Evans, Nov 25, 2006
  12. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Originally Posted by Herb Evans
    You can if you want to; I am not a Calvinist. Be my guest! -- Herb Evans

And how do you suppose that you can reconcile this view with these scriptures?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Simple, I do not have to reconcile these scriptures. It is not talking about the righteous; it is talking about the unrighteous. You convenienyly left off 1 Cor. 6:11.

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. The Christian has Christ's righteousness and is no longer the unrighteous of whom the scriptures speak. I have already been translated into the kingdom of His dear son upon salvation. I was those things; I am no longer, because I am washed. Amen! Thank you Jesus! Praise de Lawd! Does I have a witness? -- Hreb Evans

Galatians 5:19-21
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

How can a Christian do the works of the flesh and inherit the kingdom of God, Herb?

I never planned on my flesh inheriting the millennial kingdom. My soul, spirit, and NEW SINLESS BODY will inherit the millennial kingdom. The born again Christian does not sin and cannot sin. His flesh can and does, but flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. -- Herb Evans

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

#72 Herb Evans, Nov 25, 2006
  13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Now you are just confusing the imputed righteousness of Christ, which will justify you on the last day, for practical righteousness, without which no man will see the Lord.
    1Jo 3:7-8
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

A believer doing the works of the devil is not righteous. Can I get a witness?

Unless you are walking in the spirit in this life, your new sinless body will have to wait until the great white throne. You're starting to sound like a gnostic.

14. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Brother there are a number that would give you a witness, but there are many here that do not have eyes to see, nor ears to hear what the Spirit has said. Terribly sad, but true.

But why would you want to be held accountable when you could believe Herb's gospel which says be saved and still live like the world, becuase it doesn't matter.

And I will testify to Christians missing out on the 1,000-year reign of Christ right along side my brother James, and I have never read his pastor's book, nor have I ever met his pastor, nor have I ever listened to one of his sermons (sorry James haven't had a chance to listen to the one you posted on a different thread yet :tongue3: ).

15. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

J. Jump and all other ME proponents--

You all are talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one side, you say that we are all saved by the blood of the Lamb--eternally secure. On the other side, you immediately jump all over those who say that the Bible teaches holy living and call that "Lordship salvation" when it is no such thing. The Bible does teach holy living--we are to be "separate"-- we are not to be "conformed" to this world, but we are to be "transformed" by the renewing of our minds. I haven't seen anyone on here teaching "Lordship" salvation.

Then, last but not least, you teach that some will not enter the Kingdom (the 1000 reign of Christ) unless they "overcome" and "suffer" for Christ--you never give Scripture (except to take parables out of context and make doctrines out of them), to back up your teaching of ME. What does one have to "do" to be an "overcomer"? We are ALREADY overcomers when we are in Christ:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

Which is it? "DO" something to become an "overcomer" or accept the Biblical fact that when we are in Christ, we are ALREADY "overcomers"? Your doctrine of ME is "works/Lordship" salvation.

16. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

It is very simple, the Overcomers' Cult has two plans of salvation. One for heaven and one for the millennial kingdom. The catch is that you don't go to heaven if you are going to be excluded from the kingdom. It is a Go to Hell*, do not pass Go, Do not collect $ 200 proposition. -- Herb Evans

*Note: some ME's go to Outer Darkness, wherever that is at

17. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Herb Evans does not teach that it does not matter how you live. You have misrepresented me. Being saved is one thing. Living it is another. -- Herb Evans

18. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

James_Newman]Now you are just confusing the imputed righteousness of Christ, which will justify you on the last day, for practical righteousness, without which no man will see the Lord.

No! It is you that confuse the Lord's imputed righteousness by limiting it. You can live like the devil and still ultimately be saved by your Gospel, but you can't live like the devil and enter the Kingdom. What a crock! -- Herb Evans

1Jo 3:7-8
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

A believer doing the works of the devil is not righteous. Can I get a witness?

Absolutely not! Even Lot was righteous positionally. But again you leave off two verses.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    1Jo 3:10
    In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Are you a child of God or a child of the devil. If you are a born again child of God, YOU CANNOT SIN, AND YOU DON'T SIN, Go ye and learn what that meaneth. -Man, you really bombed out on that one. READ THE CONTEXT and renounce your heresy! - Herb Evans

Unless you are walking in the spirit in this life, your new sinless body will have to wait until the great white throne. You're starting to sound like a gnostic.

Another pontifcation. That is Faust talk, for he likes to compare folks with Gnostics. You are sounding more and more like a lost man. You do not have a shred of scripture for this heretical statement. -- Herb Evans

19. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

James,

Nowhere in the Bible saying that the kingdom of God is so called, a thousand years of the kingdom, or, it is a temporary. Daniel 7:27 says, "And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kinfdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is AN EVERLASTING KINGDOM, and all dominions shall serve and obey him."

Bible teaches us, God's kingdom is an everlasting, it have no end.

John 3:3 tells us, we must be born again, or cannot enter the kingdom of God. That mean, we must repent and believe in Christ, to have eternal life(salvation).

Herb is right, if anyone do willing sinning in their life, cannot enter the kingdom of God, shall go enter everlasting fire.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's definitely not the attitude you portray. So if you believe it does matter how one lives then what are the consequences if someone chooses not to live right in your opinion?