1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Terminal Illness and Suicide

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Deacon, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many of us have already read about the decision of a young woman in Oregon who has decided to end her life on November 1st. [LINK]
    It's a truly heart breaking story that's being used to promote the “death with dignity” assisted suicide agenda.

Less known is a story of another woman suffering with terminal brain cancer who has chosen to take another path.

Brain Cancer Will Likely Kill Me, But There’s No Way I’ll Kill Myself [LINK]

For me, it's a matter of trust and control - I trust a God who controls all things to control the manner of my death.

I'm very familiar with death and seen people in horrible circumstances.

I believe treatment and medical decision-making are personal choices made with the patient, the medical personal and the family.

But I could never take part in an assisted suicide and find the idea abhorrent - antithetical to the trust I place in God.

Rob

#1 Deacon, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, Deacon, for the story and your testimony. Encouraging words for those facing an uncertain earthly future while holding fast to the One who holds eternity in His hands.