1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Terrel Owens suspended "indefinitely" over altercation with Douglas, McNabb...develop

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Mike McK, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

BREAKING...

Trenton Times' Eagles' beatwriter and WIP football analyst, Mark Eckel, is reporting that Terrel Owens was not suspended for comments against the Eagles' organization, as widely believed, but for a locker room brawl with former Eagle teammate and current Eagles' "Good Will Ambassador", Hugh Douglas, and threats of physical violence against quaterback, Donovan McNabb.

Witnesses say that Owens instigated a fight with Douglas when Douglas stopped at Owens' locker to talk to him about his statements to ESPN Radio, in which he accused the Eagles' organization of having "a lack of class" and trashing Donovan McNabb's skill on the field.

According to locker room insiders, "at least two punches were thrown by both men" and Owens was retrained.

Eagle, Jon Runyon, compared the brawl to a "WWE Samckdown".

When he was finally let up, Owens approached McNabb and asked, "Do you want some of this?" and approached him in an aggressive manner.

Coaches stepped between the two.

When McNabb walked away, Owens turned to the team, many of whom were now laughing at him, and screamed, "Who wants some of this?"

Three players, including Jeremiah Trotter, stepped forward to accept his challenge, but the incident was broken up by coaches and security personnel.

NFL rules say that a team can only suspend a player for four games, but the Eagles are appealing for the league to hand down a suspension.

Several insiders say that Owens has most likely played his last game in an Eagle uniform.

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

What's the source for this? Do you have a link?

I always thought of TO as a selfish player. He's a clown. I do hope he's played his last in an Eagle uniform.

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Just heard the story on Fox with J.B. and them.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I'm in the office now so I don't have that.

What did they say?

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

By the way, another reporter is now saying that an anonymous source is telling him that the tension that led to the incident started when some players accused Owens of faking an injury in order to get out of playing.

6. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

They said that TO was in the tub and Hugh came in, they exchanged words, TO got out of the tub, went to the locker room to put on his sneakers, came back and got into a fist fight with Hugh. Hugh took a swing and missed, TO got in half a dozen hits.

When that was done, Owens went to the locker room and called out all who were present, but seemed to be especially wanting McNabb to get up.

Nothing happened at that point. The guy reporting and the panel for Fox says TO has probably played his last for Philly and today McNabb is walking around as if an huge weight has been lifted.

It's a shame. Ownes is a good player, but to him, it's all about himself and how to show-off. Just play, and quit thinking up ways to hot dog.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

CBS just reported that Owens was not suspended for tonight's game, but simply inactive.

8. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Inactive by the choice of the coaching staff?

9. Sampson

Sampson New Member

As a Giants fan, i'm happy they benched TO

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

As an Eagles fan, I am happy that TO has been benched.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

As a football fan, I'm happy that TO has been benched. One day, that boy is going to figure out what it is that he threw and it will be far too late to do anything about it.

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree with cc. I am glad to see this. Some of these players need to learn some class and realize the world does not revolve around them.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Oops... obviously I meant to say "...what it is that he threw away..." I thought I reread that before posting, but that's what I get for thinking. [​IMG]

14. west

west New Member

I never seen anything like wants going on with him and the Eagle's .Who will want him ?

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Soem idiot owner out there is going to sign him, maybe not at the kind of long-term, big money deal he think he deserves, but it'll happen. Daniel Snyder is the first name that comes to my mind as the kind of owner that would sign TO. Whoever signs him deserves everything they get.

16. Sampson

Sampson New Member

LOL, one of the few things giants and eagles fans can agree on then [​IMG]

17. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same here. I can't think of any thing good to say about him, so I'll say nothing more.
    Time for the birds to move on.

18. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hey, at least we've still got Ugeth Urbina to set a good example for our kids.

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG]

I thought you were serious until I saw SportsCenter this morning. [​IMG]

20. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was asleep.
    He says.