1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Terrible As An Army With Banners

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Feb 26, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Who is she that looketh forth as the morning; fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?"—Song of Solomon 6:10.

By whomsoever this question is asked, there can be no question of whom it is said; for the church of Jesus, made comely by the comeliness which her Lord hath put upon her, is all this, and more, in every eye that can admire true loveliness; and will be a perfection of beauty, in the upper and brighter world for ever.
    Precious Jesus! give me to see my clear interest in thee, from my union with thee! And do thou, dear Lord, so make me strong in thy strength, that during the whole period of my present warfare, I may be "terrible as an army with banners," to all that would oppose my way to thee, and in thee. Yea, Lord! let sin, and Satan, and the world, be ever so united against me; yet do thou put on me the whole armour of my God, that I may "fight the good fight of faith, lay hold of eternal life, and be made more than conqueror through him that loveth me."

- excerpt from Robert Hawker's The Poor Man's Morning and Evening Portions, February 26, Evening

• Like Like x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, spiritual warfare and ever ready to fight the good fight…. Here I am lord, send me.:Thumbsup

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol… when I first read the title of this thread I read it w/o my glasses & thought it said,’
    Terrible As An Army With Bananas’

I’m thinkin, Ken’s got a dry Sense of humor. Then I’m thinking of the pic of Bombs Away Biden holding a banana thinking it’s a phone… saw that as a meme :Laugh