1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Testimony- Insanity and back due to christ

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by David M Darling, Mar 8, 2021.

1. David M Darling

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a part of my testimony that I have never shared before. I have been to complete insanity and have come back thanks to Christ. I started hearing voices in the first week of my freshman year in college, at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania). Shortly afterwards I went completely off the deep end. I thought that I had psychic powers and that the voices in my head were other people on campus talking to me, I was wandering around campus late at night screaming. One night the voices had me convinced that I was killing people with my powers and that I had to get away from campus to save their lives, I picked a direction and started walking. I walked across town and came to a dead end street and the town ended and the forest started. I kept walking. It was about 3am and I was just walking around out in the woods, there was a good 5 inches of snow on the ground and it was around 20 degrees out and nobody knew where I was. The voices were telling me to keep going, finally I heard something howling and that is when I decided to go back. I retraced my steps by following my footprints in the snow and eventually was back in town and I returned to IUP. I had friends and was going to class and was taking care of myself but in my world lots of strange things were happening. I paid my grandparents a visit (they lived close to IUP) and one night I was convinced that some people from school had followed me back from campus and were up in the attic watching me with hidden cameras, I took apart everything in the room trying to find the cameras. I eventually landed in the psych ward at the local hospital and they put me on medication which did not work. I gave my life to Christ in 2003 and I was delivered from the voices and God restored me to a right frame of mind, I am now restored to normal health!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Praise to God Christ saved you.
    No more voices I hope.

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
    and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son;
    In whom we have redemption through his blood,
    even the forgiveness of sins.
    Colossians 2:13-14

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me more about your conversion. Where were you? Who was preaching or witnessing? And what was the message that was being preached?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus Christ puts people back into their right mind, like the legion demoniac, Demons have to leave when He tells them to go.
    So following the example in v19, you have a good testimony to share. In the world you will have tribulation, but in Christ you can have peace

John 16:33 “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Mark 5
    1 Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes. 2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains, 4 because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.

14 So those who fed the swine fled, and they told it in the city and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that had happened. 15 Then they came to Jesus, and saw the one who had been demon-possessed and had the legion, sitting and clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid. 16 And those who saw it told them how it happened to him who had been demon-possessed, and about the swine. 17 Then they began to plead with Him to depart from their region.

18 And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him.
    19 However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you.”
    20 And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read your testimony and though it is different it is nothing new... The one who wrote the beloved Christian Classic... Pilgrims Progress, a beloved Christian Allegory, which I highly recommend you read, by John Bunyan who also wrote one of his experience, in coming to Christ, called Grace Abounding To The Chief Of Sinners, which I also highly recommend... I left a link if you care to take a look... Brother Glen:)

https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/sdg/bunyan/Grace Abounding to the Chief of - John Bunyan.pdf

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    David,

Ground yourself in the bible.
    Do not look for signs and strange mystical appearances. God has given us His word to trust in as the Spirit allows us to understand it.Come to know about Jesus. Who He is, What He does.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1