1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas and LSU

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Nov 25, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After watching the pitiful performances, while barely winning, by the number 2(Texas) and the number 3(LSU) teams in the nation today against two very young opponents, I don't think there is any doubt that Southern Cal would mow the field with either one of them just like they did to the Razorbacks back in September.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ken I disagree with you.... I think Texas can play with USC and even beat them. You gotta consider the rivalry factor in their performance today against A&M. When they play you can do as the old saying goes "throw out the record books."

I am hoping for a Texas/USC title game, as I think it will be a great game!

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I've heard that over the years to justify pitiful performances by overwhelming favorites.

If Texas plays in the Rose Bowl against Southern Cal, I think that Southern Cal wins by at least 24 points.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was your prediction for the Orange Bowl last year, after USC struggled against UCLA in their last game, winning by 5 points?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if I even predicted an outcome for the mythical NC last year or if I did what I predicted. Doesn't really matter what anyone predicts. USC would make mince meat out of the Longhorns.

6. PastorSBC1303

Alcott, that is a great point. Rivalry games have a tendancy to be close no matter the record or the rankings of the teams.

Texas can still play with USC.

Ken, being an Arkansas fan, I am sure there is no bias against Texas [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. PastorSBC1303

Isn't this talking out of both sides of your mouth .... [​IMG]

It does not matter what anyone predicts.....but then you PREDICT USC would dominate [​IMG] [​IMG]

So which is it? [​IMG]

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually not so. One of the women I supervise at work is a big time Texas fan and just last Monday I told her that I thought that Texas could hange with USC and could even beat them. But Texas proved me wrong about that today. Even Vince Young lost his chance at the Heisman Trophy with a terrible performance against a very, very poor Aggie defense.

9. PastorSBC1303

Ken, even the best teams are going to struggle for a game. Texas still won the game. This Texas team can still hang with USC and even beat them. I hope we get to see this matchup.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they play we'll see who's right. ;)

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

USC has not been perfect in several of her close games as well.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Close games against top notch teams like Notre Dame and Fresno State.

The Big XII is clearly the weakest of the "big name" conferences. Texas may end up playing Colorado in the Big XII championship game - a team that managed to score all of 3 points against a mediocre Nebraska team yesterday.

If Texas plays Southern Cal, the Trojans will beat the Longhorns so badly that before the third quarter ends the Weather Channel will be more interesting to watch.

13. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG]

Oh how I hope we get that game...

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

They said the same thing with the '03 matchup between Oklahoma and LSU

I got so sick of hearin'---"Oklahoma this! Oklahoma that!"

LSU walked all over the Sooners---yet the press was sayin' THEN as they are sayin' NOW about USC---they could play in the NFL!!! I laughed so hard when the game was finished and LSU walked away with the BCS trophey---and Oklahoma walked away with "Diddly!" in their hands!!!

Texas all the way, Brothers!!! Whooooooo---Hook um horns!!!!

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I believe the Pac 10 is the second weakest conference in the BCS (obviously, the Big East is the weakest).

Truthfully, I think LSU has had a good bit of luck come their way. LSU and Ark is a good rivalry game, too. LSU is lucky to have won that game. They were lucky to have won the game against Arizona State and Auburn. Even my pitiful Vols made every conceivable error in the book and still beat them in Death Valley. LSU is a couple plays away from being 7-4 and heading to the Independence Bowl.

Having said all that, watch them destroy Georgia in the SEC title game just to prove me wrong [​IMG]

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tom---You're playin' the "same song" two years in a row about LSU, Brother!!! I can sit here and say the same thing about the Commodores "shelackin'" Fulmer's boys---"Oh! Just Commordore luck!" when in fact--they walked all over the Vols---imagine that---the lowly Commordore "doin' it" to the Vols!!!

Maybe its jealously over the #3 ranking LSU has verses a "No Show" for the Vols in the top 20!!???

YOUR hard luck is---LSU is playin' for Conference championship---and the Vols are watchin' it via ESPN!!! LSU Offensive linemen will be "grabbin'" jerseys----Vol Offensive linemen will be grabbin' popcorn and kool-aid!

Vincent and Addai will be pumped up with adrineline----not to mention Skyler Green and JaMarcus Russell---but the Vol players will see all that from in front of a 52" screen!!!

But I'm sure its just luck!! Just like you said!!

:D :D

17. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TomVol said
    I would add luck to beat Alabama.

Tom

18. PastorSBC1303

Well unless USC falls apart in the 2nd half we are going to get a Texas v. USC national title game!

Boy Texas just looked awful today in that 70-3 victory. They sure do not look like a team that can win a national title or hang with USC. :rolleyes: [​IMG]

19. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They got lucky! I mean . . . anyone could put up that many points without any trouble! [​IMG]

20. PastorSBC1303