1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas church’s Muslim outreach event draws thousands

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Sep 26, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't Be Fooled...

...A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.

There is no way the Christian faith can be mixed with the Muslim faith. Just way to many differences. It is like trying to make nice with Mormons, Devil worshippers, Satanists, aethiests, agnostics, vodoo cults, astrologists, covens, etc.

Do not be unequally yoked, not even in the name of fellowsip. because there can be no fellowship with those of the world.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is not necessary to read it completely to know some of what it teaches and it is a book that calls for murding those who are not muslim.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

My pastor has a copy in his office and recently he pointed out some things in it to me. One of them was exactly what I said in an earlier post, that Jesus is/was not God, only a prophet. To say He is God is blasphemy to a Muslim.
    I read it myself.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you feel about the term 'Judeo-Christian'?

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google: What the Talmud says of Jesus Christ

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is if you Google 'What the Koran says of Jesus Christ' and 'What the Talmud says of Jesus Christ', the Koran wins hands down with regard to the respect that it pays to our Lord, actually there's no comparison; the Talmud seethes with hatred towards Christ, the Koran does not.

Do you have the same problem with 'Judeo-Christian' as you do with 'Chrislam'?

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Apples and terrorists. How many Jews have flown jets into buildings? How many Jews commit suicidal terrorists acts in the name of God? How many Jews blow themselves up, plant car bombs? There is no comparison between Judaism and Islam. Muslims hate Jews. Muslims hate everyone who isn't Muslim. Yes, there are "nice" Muslims, but IF they follow their own religion and have genuine faith in it, they will act just as the terrorists act and seek to kill anyone who is non Muslim.
    If you want to bring in large groups of people who "preach a different gospel" into your church in hopes of snuggling up to them, be my guest. But you will not find that taught in the bible. Church is for the edification of the saints, not cozying up to those of a false religion.

Jews worship the same God as Christians, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, not the moon god of Islam.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you're comfortable with the term 'Judeo-Christian'?

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Not really, but I'm definitely not comfortable with 1500 Muslims in my church. How about you?

11. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am hoping that what I am reading is not what is meant. It seems almost like some of the posters are giving reasons why they are allowed to hate Muslims.

I hope and pray, I am wrong. I so believe we, as Christians should not yoke ourselves with non-Christians in a way that would accept non-Christian beliefs.

However, Jesus commands us to love our neighbors and some of those neighbors are Muslims, Mormons, JWs, Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, Wiccans, homos3xuals, perverts, murders, adulterers, liars, thieves, polygamists, politicians (LOL), etc., etc., etc.. We are to love those people, while we may hate the sin we must love the sinner. Why? Because our Lord tells us to do this.

One of the hardest things I have ever done was to give over my fleshly hate for those I could justify worthy of my hate and love them. I admit, I CAN NOT LOVE THEM! But, God said use My love and your weakness will be your strength because of ME.

Love for your neighbor does not mean to protest the consequence of their behavior, but it does mean to love that person as a person who could accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.

Sometimes my flesh bleeds through and I say inappropriate things about my neighbor that sounds like hate. Then, I can almost hear God telling me that He loved me and I was just as unlovable as the very people I was talking about.

I thank and praise God that He loves me and He will give me the love that I need to love my neighbor.

12. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Look up Irv Rubin to read about a Jewish terrorist.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I will love them, no question, but I also will not partner with them in religion. Just as I am not going to partner with homosexuals on family relations. Apples and broccoli - not even in the same field!

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - So that's one. It took 19 to actually carry out 9-11 plus all the support behind them is innumerable. I'd say the Muslims win.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #35 kyredneck, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pat Buchanan was senior adviser to Nixon, Ford, and Reagan, was host on CNN's Crossfire, and was presidential contender in 92 and 96. Write him off as 'ridiculous if you wish, but there is substance to what he is saying. The fact is, the rabbit hole goes much deeper than what he brings to light here.

#37 kyredneck, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  18. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Alright Poncho, what did you do with kyredneck?:eek:

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And puppies fly.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and there's none so blind than those who will not see....