1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Exit.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Quantrill, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No there isn't.

Ever heard of the word 'redeemed'?

Ever heard of the book Hosea? Gomer?

Slaves are always less. That is why they are slaves. Just like we are property to God also. 'Redeemed'

You don't like that do you? Tell me, are you a slave to God? Are you His property? Were you purchased just like a slave on an auction block?

Quantrill

• Like Like x 1
  2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 7:21-22
    Were you a bondservant when called? Do not be concerned about it. (But if you can gain your freedom, avail yourself of the opportunity.) For he who was called in the Lord as a bondservant is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a bondservant of Christ.

3. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't you say, "If those fellow human beings, brothers and sisters from God, had remained in Africa..."
    How do you know it would have been better for the US? Indigenous peoples say the same thing about Europeans who came to this continent.
    Look over what you just said and see how you accuse God.

4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Philemon 1:1-25

Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, To Philemon our beloved fellow worker and Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you. Accordingly, though I am bold enough in Christ to command you to do what is required, yet for love’s sake I prefer to appeal to you—I, Paul, an old man and now a prisoner also for Christ Jesus— I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I became in my imprisonment. (Formerly he was useless to you, but now he is indeed useful to you and to me.) I am sending him back to you, sending my very heart. I would have been glad to keep him with me, in order that he might serve me on your behalf during my imprisonment for the gospel, but I preferred to do nothing without your consent in order that your goodness might not be by compulsion but of your own accord. For this perhaps is why he was parted from you for a while, that you might have him back forever, no longer as a bondservant but more than a bondservant, as a beloved brother—especially to me, but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord. So if you consider me your partner, receive him as you would receive me. If he has wronged you at all, or owes you anything, charge that to my account. I, Paul, write this with my own hand: I will repay it—to say nothing of your owing me even your own self. Yes, brother, I want some benefit from you in the Lord. Refresh my heart in Christ. Confident of your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say. At the same time, prepare a guest room for me, for I am hoping that through your prayers I will be graciously given to you. Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends greetings to you, and so do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and Luke, my fellow workers. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The comparison is to those who are free or who are slaves when they come to Christ. If they are real slaves, they are free in Christ even though they may remain slaves. If they are free when called, they are slaves of Christ,

In other words we are bought and paid for. Slaves of Christ. Now we are more than that, but we are that.

Point being, slavery is not evil with God.

Quantrill

6. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok. If those black human beings had remained in Africa, America would be better off.

I'm just agreeing with you. You said it would be better for America if slavery had been abolished. Well, the black human beings were brought over under slavery. So it would have been better for America if they were never brought over. Surely you're not saying it was good that they were brought over in slavery....are you?

I haven't accused God. Where did I accuse God? You're the one accusing God for slavery.

Quantrill

#106 Quantrill, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  7. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I suppose you want to make a point with this. I suppose you're trying to say Paul was freeing a slave because slavery is evil. I have to suppose because you said nothing. You took the safer route. That's fine.

Note first that Paul was returning the run away slave. Reminds you of Article 4 Sec. 2 of our Constitution doesn't it? Why was he returning the slave? Because it was the right thing to do.

Note second, that Paul doesn't criticize Philemon for owning slaves. He simply desires Onesimus's freedom.

See? Nothing here against slavery.

Quantrill

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are Christians slaves to God? Yes. Are tbe lost slaves to sin? Yes.

Was I purchased by God just like a slave on an auction block? No.

You are making a comparison that does not exist (one that, incidentally, was used throughout our history for men to justify their sin....whether greed, racism, or more likely, a mixture of the two.

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

One of my favorite words in the word of God. Redeemed!

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment (Thou shall not eat of it) holy, and just, and good.
    Romans 7:14 For we know that the law (Thou shall not eat of it) is spiritual: but *I* yet fleshly am, sold under sin.

Adam, redeemed?

#109 percho, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  10. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not hardly.

You changed slave masters. satan was your slave master before. God had to come up with the price to buy you back. And He did. But, I see you are too good for that.

How is it that God had to purchase you and that is not like a slave being sold at auction?

Oh please. It's a comparison Scripture makes. Not me. Which, by the way, I didn't see any Scripture in your reply. Plenty of opinion though.

How about the book of Philemon? See post #(104,107).

How about (Lev. 25:45-46)? I guess God didn't get the American religion memo....slavery is evil.

And why didn't you answer my last two replies on secession? #(67,69) Did you think this subject would make me look more evil?

Quantrill

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shall we pray for you to become a slave? (No we shouldn't.) Then you and your family and your families families can all rejoice in being a slave since you seem to think God loves slavery.

More so, what is with your ocular vision that you see skin color rather than God's creation of humanity as equal?

I am saying that God allowed wicked, heinous and evil humans to do wicked, heinous and evil things to other humans. God knows the reason. Perhaps it was to share the gospel to his elect children (read about Phyllis Wheatley). In any case, God ordained slavery. This is hardly, however, an endorsement of slavery.
    But, if you love slavery so much, I'm sure there is someone in this world who would be happy to make you a slave, as well as all your family members.
    I find your racist beliefs offensive, Q.

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul writes this because Roman law made Onesimus a slave and Paul could not break Roman law. But, Paul could appeal to Philemon to do the right thing.

Philemon 1:10,12,15-16
    I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I became in my imprisonment.
    I am sending him back to you, sending my very heart.
    For this perhaps is why he was parted from you for a while, that you might have him back forever, no longer as a bondservant but more than a bondservant, as a beloved brother—especially to me, but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord.

13. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, if God ordained slavery, why do you find fault? You, like so many, are so permeated with American religion that you find fault with God in what He has done.

You find God offensive.

Quantrill

14. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If Philemon had left Onesimus a slave, that too would have been the right thing. It was up to Philemon. Paul was doing the right thing in returning the slave. Something you ignored.

Paul did not ever say Philemon was wrong, or to do the right thing. He sought to have Onesimus free. Nothing here against slavery.

Quantrill

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope one day that God pricks your heart about your disdain of people of color. It's all over your posts - multiple posts. I pray for you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong on two accounts.

First, God did not buy us back from Satan. Second, you are wrong in the justification of your own racism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has ordained murder, rape and other vile things that allow evil humans to act in their evil ways. I condemn evil, which is why I condemn slavery and racism.

18. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You need to read the posts involved in that statement.

If my posts reveal a 'disdain' for people of color, you might point out where. Do I have a disdain for people of color who have a disdain for me because I am white? Yes. Coupled with that, if I show a disdain for them, I am racist, but they are not.

Are you saying I have used Scripture falsely? I would want to know where. The American religion of diversity and equality has permeated the Churches, as I have said.

You must distinguish between Christianity and State. Diversity and equality can only work in the Church. It cannot work in a nation. Because America was largely Christian in the beginning, it could work because the Holy Spirit is the only source that can bridge the racial divides.

Now that the nation is no longer Christian, diversity and equality won't work. Each race will vie for it's own. And all the 'people of color races' will be against the white race. Because it is the white race that God used to establish this nation.

Quantrill

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. You are both equally racist. Just where you would wear a white hood and carry a noose they would probably blend in better.

20. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You mean satan never was in the garden attempting to bring Adam and Eve under his authority?

You say 'in the justification of your own racism'. In other words, the Scriptures speak for themselves and you can say nothing against them.

Quantrill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.