1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas School shooting:

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by canadyjd, May 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Horrific story out of Texas. An 18 year old killed at least 18 elementary children and two teachers, before being killed.

Many prayers needed for those families.

POTUS to address nation in an hour or so. Hopefully, he won’t politicize this tragedy.

peace to you

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too late. Sen. Thom Tillis has already started making it political.

Our politics has no decency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just watched POTUS. He’s pushing for new gun laws. He claimed two things I’ll be interested to learn if accurate.

1) he stated when the assault rifle ban passed in the 90’s, mass shootings went way down.

2) he said when that law expired, mass shootings tripled.

I think I’ve heard this argument before and it has been debunked. If I’m remembering correctly, the POTUS just engaged in a whole lot of disinformation.

I’ll wait patiently for the beg tech “fact checkers”.

peace to you

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    A couple other things. POTUS said this man bought two assault weapons in a gun store. I haven’t heard where he got the guns, but I did read a report he had a handgun and a rifle. Perhaps he is privy to more info than they are releasing, but the investigation is very early and details will be coming out for weeks.

It is very sad POTUS has immediately used this tragedy to push the dem agenda when the facts haven’t been established yet.

peace to you

5. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And people in the USA, especially those who are born again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, continue to support the "right to bear arms"!!!

If guns were not so freely avalible, where a 18 year old can buy one, I suppose "leaglly", this would never happen. Now it is almost a weekly thing!

It is MASS MURDER by "LAW"!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    terrorism
    noun
    1. The use of violence or the threat of violence, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political goals.
    2. Resort to terrorizing methods as a means of coercion, or the state of fear and submission produced by the prevalence of such methods.
    3. The act of terrorizing, or state of being terrorized; a mode of government by terror or intimidation.
    Pretty bad when the definition for terrorism sounds so much like the standard operating procedure for the government nowadays.

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, we don’t have all the info yet. We don’t know if he obtained the guns legally or not.

Second, I doubt any gun owning American is going to be shamed into giving up their guns by Englishman that is clearly ignorant of the importance of the 2nd amendment and how many gun owners in this country save their own lives and that of their families every year. I saw three stories this week of personal weapons used in self defense.

Third. You don’t have a dog in this fight. You have already ceded your protection to your government.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    firstly we are on this forum as Christians who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour and Lord, and not as Engliah and Americans. So it is moot to bring this up

secondly, you say, "I saw three stories this week of personal weapons used in self defense", did these incidents prevent a MASS SHOOTING?

thridly, HOW MANY of these "legal" MASS MURDERS can you people try and defend?

Fourthly, and more importantly, this is NOT supported anywhere in the Bible, that people can buy a weapon and then use it to MASS MURDER.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You brought it up by beginning your post with "And people in the USA...."

No, just some shootings. If they ain't "mass shootings," do they not count?

None, for there are no mass shootings, limey.

How did Joshua, Samuel, David, Jehosaphat, and Hezekiah get their weapons,? Steal them?

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are not defending the mass murders, we are defending the right to kill them with a firearm when they come through the door.

Supposedly that school had protections set up, do not know what fell through. To bad when he took his first shot a teacher did not put a bullet through his head.

I vote we train and arm out teachers as protection for our children.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I mention the USA, because this is the ONLY country in the "Western world", that has these MASS MURDERS on a frequent basis, and with the "blessing" of the government by their "LAWS"!

All murder is wrong, but when you have these mass ones, surely something has to be done by changing these "LAWS"? Are you saying if this took place on a daily basis, that it is OK, because some dumb "LAW" says that it is?

Quoting the OT to "support" this is nonsesnse, as the NT is different. You should know that

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Firstly, the issue is the difference in perspective you have, as an Englishman with no right to keep and bare arms, and Americans who do.

Secondly: Impossible to know how many lives were saved with these three acts of self defense, but certainly the families involved were saved. I just read this shooter killed his grandmother first and then went to the school. Had she defended herself, she would have saved herself, nineteen children and two adults.

Thirdly, you show your complete ignorance when you refer to this shooting as “legal mass murder” and claim anyone is defending this man’s actions. It is slander.

Fourthly, no one is claiming the Bible or the US constitution supports mass murder. Another slander.

Your repeated slander does nothing to further a debate about gun laws.

peace to you

13. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is "legal" because you "law" allows everyone to own a weapon which seems to be easy to get

if your "law" for gun ownership is so right, then WHY is the US the WORST country in the Western world with gun crimes? No point in trying to compare with London, with its knife crimes, under a LIBERAL mayor, and where it is usually gang related.

It is getting much WORSE, and no one seem to care to change the "laws" that protect gun ownership

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really. And Murphy isn't?

Psst. Your Dem is showing.

15. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's 7am here in Britain. I'm about to say goodbye to my kids as they go to school, confident that, bar some once in a generation freak atrocity, none of them are going to get shot at school. Questions:

1. How many parents here can say that?
    2. When are you going to fix this?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    if I might add another, what IF these mass shootings take place on a weekly basis in the US, will the "right" to own a gun, still be more important than saving lives? because this is what it really is.

17. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

ALL Parents can .99.99999999999999999999999.
    10s of millions.
    Billionaires and certain politicians don't want it fixed until they ban the right of the law abiding people to own firearms. It wouldn't surprise me if they are behind the school shootings. Our very own cia gave LSD to American citizens to see if they could be driven insane without them knowing it. One of the victims turned out to be the unibomber who sent bombs through the mail and killed many people. Did they need to ban mail? Of course not. Did they need to ban things like that from the cia? Of course! But they have not even apologized for it. Those who should be persecuted for it are dead, and that's why the information came to us in the freedom of information acts. Our very own goverment caused a man to go insane and bomb people through the mail. Should we ban the mail system because someone was given LSD without their knowledge and sent packages containing bombs? Of course not.

There are millions of schools in America. No one should panick to pass draconian laws against law abiding people. This thing never used to happen. They need to find out why these sick people do it? We never get an explanation! Never even once do we get one! Never! We know that every time it rarely happens considering the number of students and schools we never get an explanation, only a call to pass draconian laws which would have prevented nothing.

18. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More people have been stabbed to death in your country than people shot with a sporting rifle in America every year. Hey and you guys even banned knives in your country and it doesn't work.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    and this compares with your frequent mass murders by shootings, exactly how?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.