1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Universities with Air Force ROTC Program

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Doug Stevens, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Doug Stevens

Doug Stevens New Member

I live in Austin, Texas. Does anyone know of fairly conservative colleges in Texas that have an Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program? Currently, I'm looking at Texas A&M which has Air Force ROTC. UT Austin is way too liberal. I'm of the opinion that Texas A&M while not a church school seems fairly conservative. My son is interested in majoring in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and become a pilot for the Air Force.

2. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Down the road from Austin in San Marcos is my alma mater, Southwest Texas State. It has an AFROTC program which I was in for 2 years. However it does not offer an engineering curriculum. And while it is not as liberal as UT Austin is, I must caution you that it is your typical "party school".

3. David Cooke Jr

David Cooke Jr New Member

A&M is very conservative. I had friends who went there. Those who were conservative were happy. Those who were not were miserable.