1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texts of the Eastern Orthodox Church relevant to Baptism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Steve Allen, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree .

I remember the first time I realized the Orthodox Church practices infant baptism by immersion (it was shocking at first....to me and the infant). When dealing with the beliefs of other people we all need to slow down before making assumptions.

Most here are Baptists and disagree with your views on baptism. Many others who are not baptist will no doubt still disagree with your view.

I believe the value here is in understanding one another rather than engaging a debate that cannot be won.

I am Baptist and I disagree with your view of baptism (for many of the reasons @Martin Marprelate mentioned). But at the same time I greatly appreciate your candour and willingness to discuss your views here on a predominately Baptist board.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Steve Allen

Steve Allen Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I concur, which is why I started wrapping it up by saying similar things to this in my most recent posts. I think I've laid out my view pretty thoroughly, and responded to the responses thoroughly as well.

Thank you. Kind words!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And on that gracious note, this thread is closed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.