1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

That Wrongful Feeling

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by NetChaplain, Sep 28, 2017.

1. NetChaplain

NetChaplain Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more we learn of God’s goodness the more sensitive and aware we are made to the indwelling sinful nature. There may often or occasionally be a feeling of discomfort which seems to have no identity concerning its cause, yet there seems to be a noticeable uneasy sense within that tends to make us think that maybe we’ve neglected something or have done something unknowingly wrong.

This should take no place in our determination because there’s nothing we can do anyway that can address the forgiveness and acceptance which we already have in Christ; and equally important is the unchangeable surety we have of the Father’s forgiveness and acceptance.

Of course the origin of this and of all wrongfulness derives from the sinful nature, which often results in unidentified and uncomfortable awareness, similar to that of an identity-crisis. The believer needs not to do anything wrongful to result in the awareness of this uneasiness, and it’s encouraging to know that this is merely a God-given sensitivity (via the new nature and the Spirit) of the presence of the old nature, similar to that of not knowing you have a cancer and eventually becoming aware of it.

When a believer actually does wrongfully (which is not “willfully” Heb 10:26), the most blessed Spirit of God eventually brings this to his awareness, but solely to learn from it—and never intends anything accusative—for only the devil is the “accuser” (Rev 12:10).

The instructional means of enduring such situations is by waiting of the Lord, by “casting all your care on Him” (1 Pet 5:7) in knowing He has worked “all things together for good” (Rom 8:28)—to you!

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sinful Nature is a sneaky way of saying its GOD's FAULT you are a sinner.

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses.

Stop accusing GOD for your sins.

3. NetChaplain

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry if you see it that way, and I would appreciate you to showing me where you see the article claiming your accusation. Thanks!

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

You said:

"all wrongfulness derives from the sinful nature"

Sin is not natural. UNNATURAL.

I believe when you sin it is entirely your fault. Tell us it is not your fault and ill buy into "sin nature".

5. NetChaplain

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarification of what you meant! It's my understanding that human nature is to sin, thus it's natural for us to sin and this is why our nature incurs guilt, and in "inexcusable."

Agreed here!

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

No if your nature had been to sin then you are "destroyed" having been devoid of nature.

Everything God creates is NATURAL and GOOD. From there the corruption and evil is a NON-NATURAL/UN-Natural LACK of GOOD.

Evil does not come standard in a human being, The standard human is exemplified in Jesus Christ.

Lets suppose you think you contain sin nature because of a defective spiritual part:

If I give you a car with four flat tires that is not a natural car even if i make flats to all the cars in the world.

The flat tires........"oh that is the car's flat-nature"

Sin is totally out of place with mankind, Jesus Christ is the best proof sin has nothing to do with man's nature.

In fact we can flip this and say..... well I guess Jesus was never 100% human since he does not have human's 100% nature....ie SIN NATURE.

7. NetChaplain

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do see the issue being where or when the sin nature was incurred but that God knew man would choose it and that He would use it in His plans!

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

All I am hearing is you believe Jesus Christ has Sin Nature.

9. NetChaplain

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure how you got that out of it, so I don't understand your reply.