1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The “Crossless” Gospel at the Crossroads

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lou Martuneac, Nov 25, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I'm not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Irresistable grace does not mean that they will never resist...... It only means that they will eventually come. All that the Father gives me will come to me. Glad to hear you are not synergist.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you calling me a dog? :laugh: :laugh:

I do feel like my eyes have been opened. Although I know that some would say I've really been blinded. Oh well.

3. reformedbeliever

For me, Calvinism is the only system that does not have to appologize for any Scripture. ALL the Scripture comes alive in this system. Synergist have to account for the fact that not all are given the Gospel. This is something that the synergist has to run from. Has there been a thread on synergism? I'm sure there has been, but I'm not aware of it. I think that would be a great thread for you to start Amy. :)

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

First, God never needed the "help" of man in granting salvation. Requiring from us the acceptance of His Gift is not requiring "help". If He wanted to arbitrarily select individuals sans faith, He could have very well done just that. He didn't.
    I don't need God's "help" in being saved, I need God's mercy. I cannot save myself. From God sending His Son, Christ's propitiation and atonement for sin, to God's revealing of truth, it's all God. Requiring faith is not requiring "help" whatsoever, it's requiring obedience as taught throughout Scripture.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is so many fallacies in this one post, it could take all day to respond to it...and I don't have the time nor patience. Maybe someone else can?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do our "feelings" have to do with anything :confused:

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

And?:confused:

8. reformedbeliever

Where did your faith come from? Mine came from God.

9. reformedbeliever

It only means that they will eventually come. All that the Father gives me will come to me.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'll restate it.

Is that better? :)

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I knoiw there are verses that speak of the blindness that is happened, in part, to Israel; and blindness to the lost by the 'god of this age', among other blindednesses.

Does anyone know if there are any verses that ever speak of a believer being 'blinded'?

I really don't have the time to research that, at the moment, because I am busy counting .

Ed

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Judging from the snippet of the response I saw, it looks like wd is trying to redefine synergy as "God requires help because God can't do it all by Himself".

From Wikipedia:

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not sure of your point here, Ed.

14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Ok instead of repeating the obvious tell me why you thought it was pertinent to the conversation.

15. reformedbeliever

What are you talking about?

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'm guessing the idea is this. Assume God "requires" faith as one of the "cooperative energies" of salvation. If the source of faith is God, that's monergy. If the source of faith is man, that's synergy.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ed : Amy was using a figure of speech . She was indicating that those on the other side of the aisle would probably say she was blinded by her new Calvinistic understanding of the Scriptures . IOW , she has been misled . But , in reality her spiritual eyes have been opened -- just not in the regenerative sense . I would compare her enlightenment to that of Apollos when he was led into a fuller understanding of the Scriptures by Priscilla and Aquila ( see Acts 18:26 ) . However , in Amy's case she came into her current way of thinking without human assistance . The Lord has something to do with it I believe .:godisgood:

18. reformedbeliever

Amen brother Rippon!

19. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

No point, per se. But since a couple spoke of eyes being opened and blindness, I was just a-wonderin'.

Ed

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since I didn't create myself...my answer is God, too, which is my point exactly. Everything we have, and everything God requires from us is given to us by God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.