1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 2 1/2 Billion $ Question

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I love space exploration and learning new things about the creation, but the question is why are we still spending money on non essential programs like this when we have a 15 plus trillion dollars debt and borrow over 41% of every dollar we spend. It is time to shut down all space exploration along with all other non essential expenditures until we get our house in order, if it can even be put in order.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There's probably life on other planets. (whether it is intelligent or not is a bigger question.) I'm sure they'll find some trace evidences. There's no reason to think they won't...they're going there to look for something and usually when NASA does that they "find" what they're looking for.

I like our space program. It is important and necessary. What we learn by doing these things will benefit us as a nation and people around the world.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A good question would be: Will it land successfully? IIRC, the success rate of Mars probes is less than 50%.

This idea that NASA should be shutdown because of the deficit and debt problem is short-sighted and absurd. I think NASA's budget is around 0.5% of the federal budget. I know it is definitely well under 1% of the budget.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

I think we get our money's worth from the unmanned missions.