1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Ages in Genesis

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by antiaging, Jan 30, 2008.

1. antiaging

antiaging New Member

In Genesis, before the flood, the people had very long life spans, according to the bible. Some lived about 800 years, some 900, years; Noah was 500 years old when he began to build the ark. Modern science would try to say it is impossible for men to live that long. I think modern science is wrong.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

The tree of life, as it is described on Revelation, produced 12 manner of fruits every year. I believe that there was enough nutrition in all of those fruits that if a person ate that, he would regenerate completely and not get old.
    I also believe there is enough nutrition in a modern day health food store to imitate the nutrition in the fruit of the tree of life and greatly slow down or stop the aging process. Antioxidant vitamins, calcium, high protein diet, a lot of sleep, excercise, all have been proven to slow down aging.
    So, how could the people in Genesis get such high nutrition. I am of the belief that the people before Noah's flood were scientifically advanced and they may have distilled vitamins from the foods and had high nutrition, to live that long. But they were evil, so God destroyed them except for Noah and his family.
    I think the legend of Atlantis might be a human race memory of the time before Noah's flood; a scientifically advanced race. There is evidence of stone buildings throghout the world from the far past that shows the use of advanced technology; some say we could not build those buildings today. In Atlantis, it was said that they distilled the essence of fruits and lived very long. That looks like getting vitamins from foods. The story about the time before Noah's flood could have been changed with the retelling of it until it became the legend of Atlantis. In China there is a similar legend of people long ago living a long time. I think that cave man stuff they are finding is mankind getting back up after Noah's flood.
    Well, I am out to prove that they could have lived that long. In 1973, I read that vitamins slow down aging in a science magazine and started magadosing on vitamins. When I was 40 I looked about 27 and it was working so well I greatly increased the doses in an effort to make my age go backwards. I will be 56 years old next month and I look like I am about 23 or 24, more or less. My body moves like a young man, and I can endure long periods of hard labor like a young man. It seems like the only thing that got old on me is a few grey hairs.
    In about 14 years I will be 70, and if I still have the body of a guy in his early 20s I think I will have proved it.
    I have a degree in physics with a strong scientific background and I could give you the science behind fighting aging, like I am doing, but I don't know if this is the right forum to post that in.
    I know that I cannot prove this to you on the internet. You would need to meet me in person to see it for yourself. I consider myself the best at fighting aging in the world. I have never seen anyone better at it than me.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree. But I think there was something special about the contents of the fruit in the case of the "tree of life".

Well at least we "can be healthier" if we eat right. We are far from "greatly slowing" or "stopping" the aging process.

I do not agree on this one - though I agree they were highly advanced. The long-life effect pre-flood was due to two reasons.

1. Proximity to the 1st generation (Adam and Eve) that HAD eaten of the Tree of Life.

2. The environment - protected from harmful radiation etc.

Hint - notice what happens when they cross over to the post-flood environment -- long-life ages start dropping off.

I agree.

Yep - that would do it.

In Christ,

Bob

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

We are never going to be able to prove this one here guys but here are some of my thoughts.

Antiaging, are you are making the assumption that Adam and Eve partook of the tree of life while they lived in the garden? What are you basing that on? Do we know that the tree in Gen 3:22 and the tree in Revelation 22:2 are the same tree? I had always read Gen 3 to infer that once they ate one bite of the tree of life it would give everlasting life, just like the tree of good and evil gave death (through sin of course). Do we even know these were real trees or could they just be symbols of our obedience or disobedience to God? After all Prov 3:18 tells us that the fruit of righteousness is a tree of life. I am not saying they were not real trees, I am just asking do we know.

From what you wrote antiaging I believe that you are saying that it was the continual consumption of the fruit of this tree that gives eternal life, that we have to eat of it more than once. I disagree with that if for no other reason than it destroys the symbolism of Christ contained in the tree. We don’t have to be saved over and over again every time we get hungry, we only have to take of the tree one time. I don't believe Adam and Eve ever partook of that tree.

Distilled vitamins are the key to long life? I don’t know about that either. I applaud you for your healthy life style, many of us could do better in that regard. Although your comment of:
    Is a bit over the top.

Aniaging, you said:
    I have to disagree with you and BobRyan here.

A youthful body at 70 will not prove it to me. Lots of 70 year olds look young. Look at Jack La Lanne. When he was 70 he swam a mile and a half across long beach harbor, while shackled and handcuffed, and towed 70 boats with 70 people in them the entire way. He plans to do a 20 mile ocean swim to Catalina Island to celebrate his 95th birthday. (He is only 93 now so he has time to train).

If you want to prove to me you have unlocked the secret of the biblical life spans call me when you are 150. Abraham was born when Tarah was 130 and Isaac was born when Abraham was 100 (and Abraham had more kids after that). Father a kid when you are over 100 and I will really think you are on to something (Didn’t Strom Thurmond father his last son when he was 73?)

I am sorry but I don’t think we will ever unlock the secret to living 900 years on this earth. Personally I believe it is due to the deterioration of the human genome. The long life spans before the flood lead to tremendous scientific advancement. Just think what you could learn and discover over a lifetime like that. I believe, and watch out, I know have limited evidence here, but I believe that God scrambled the human DNA at the tower of Babel. I believe that was the introduction of the races as well as languages. And since that time we have primarily intermarried within our race and language groups so the DNA has deteriorated further. Yes pollution, chemicals, radiation and lifestyle may have a minor role, but I believe there is a difference in our make up from those pre flood individuals who lived to be 900. But hey, go for it, if you make 200 that will be something.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Um, I'm not sure whats wrong in just believing God did it. Instead of crediting man.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not to mention that God limited the lifespan of man in Genesis 6:3 and we can see that 120 is pretty much the limit on how long man can live even someone in the best of health.

6. AAA

AAA New Member

Have you let Docters do a study on you? If so, I would like to see the paper that they have/will write on you...And yes, I am serious...

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    T'aint so!!

22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

8. antiaging

antiaging New Member

I saw on TV a true story from the past centuries in England. A farmer lived well into his 150s. Food fresh from the field, (and meat from freshly killed animals) has much more vitamins in it than food you buy at the supermarket. The vitamin content goes down within a few days after coming out of the field. That farmer would have had access to food fresh from the field most of the time, so he would have gotten more vitamins. He said that he ate oats in the morning, bread in the afternoon, and meat and potatoes at night. (Oats have been proven to lower harmful cholesterol, so that may have helped keep his veins and arteries working well and kept his blood pressure down.)
    The King of England heard of the old farmer and invited him to live with the royalty in London and eat like they do. The old farmer died in about 2 months when he started eating the King's food.
    Then there is the legend of a guy called, St. Germaine. I saw about him on the old TV series, IN SEARCH OF, with Leonard Nimoy. He assciated with European royalty. He spoke of times about 150 to 200 years prior to that as if he was there. They were not sure how old he really was. He faked his death and disappeared. He was supposed to be an alchemist and had a secret elixir that prolonged life span. He ate chicken as meat, and Grains.

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

I hope you live to be 150 antiaging. I also hope you have a good birth certificate and when you reach that age doctors can learn from your example.

The Englishman I think you are referring to is Thomas Parr. He was supposedly 152 years old when he became a celebrity as the subject of a poem published in 1635. He was taken to London to meet King Charles I. The change in diet supposedly caused his death and Charles had him buried in Westminster Abbey. His gravestone there lists his birth as 1483 and his death as Nov 15, 1635. The biggest problem with Parr’s story is that he was blind and feeble and not of a sound mind in 1635 and there is a lot of speculation that his records were confused with his grandfather’s who was also named Thomas Parr. The younger Parr had no memories of his early life and did not marry until 1563. The grandfather in question, Sir Thomas Parr was born in 1483 and was the father of Catherine Parr, the 6th wife of King Henry the 8th. He died in 1518.

There are a number of these legendary people who live to be well over 100 years old. All of them have one thing in common – a lack of evidence. There are no birth records and usually their age is based on memories they have of childhood events. We have one such individual near where I live in NC. Cheesequire was a Cherokee Indian who lived over in Graham County. When he died in 1880 it was said that he was 137 and had been born in 1743. But his age was based on his supposed memory at the age of 16 of watching the last heard of buffalo leave the Cheoah valley, an event believed to have occurred in 1759. Was he really 137 years old? I don’t know.

Now Saint Germaine is a different story. According to some cult teachings Saint Germaine is an immortal ‘ascended master’ who in former lives was Christopher Columbus, Joseph the husband of Mary, the prophet Samuel, and the high priest of Atlantis. An alchemist who could turn other metals to gold he founded freemasonry in England and was the real author of the Declaration of Independence. Yea there is a historical figure for you to build your life around. Sorry antiaging but can you say conspiracy nut job.

The truth is we don’t have much evidence of anyone living that long since the Biblical patriarchs.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The Gen 3 statement explains why people died at all -- but the issue I was addressing is why they still lived to almost 1000 for so many centuries after the fall.

in Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True but that 120 year limit did not take place until after Abraham. Noah's sons were still alive when Abraham was born.

in Christ,

Bob

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

So, how much for a month's supply of the multi-vitamin you are selling?

In all honesty folks, ya'll have got to realize that the aging processes is due to viral and radiation exposure. From Adam to the flood as was stated before my post the environment of the earth had less radiation and less communicable viruses. After the flood the environment had changed so drastically that even the generation of Noah's sons was much shorter than that of Noah by several hundred years. With each successive generation in drastic yearly decline.

Just after the flood for several generations the whole human race collected and remained in one location. God intervened and disperced humanity by race and language. This one community had to be rife for viral dispersion and the environment had become favorable to rapid viral growth and solar radiation exposure.

Now I am not a scientist with any knowledge about DNA/RNA, genetics or treatments thereof. It is to my feeble understanding that as each of us are exposed to a rhino virus (common cold) or influenza for how ever many times throughout life that it, the virus, mutates the DNA strand. Over this time period of life, the DNA becomes so frayed that it can no longer properly regenerate and thus aging is the result of many viral attacks as well as higher radiation levels. Radiation also mutates DNA.

While I too believe that humanity was very advanced technology, as Genesis indicates that the lineage of Cain built cities and forged iron. However to state that Adam and the rest of humanity before the flood synthesized the benefits of the fruit of the Tree of Life is in my mind very far fetched.

13. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

So, what are you gonna try to sell us?
    Sorry, Patak, I just looked up and saw that you beat me to this one...

Did you read that the age of a man shall be three score and ten? It will all average out. There have been eras when life expectancey was 55-60, now it is 75-80.

#13 Rubato 1, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  14. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

No harm no foul. :laugh: I would like some of those wonder vitamins. :thumbs:

15. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Vitameatavegamin...
    No great discovery surfaces without its detractors and scoffers.

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Who's scoffing?:type: I'm serious, I want em. :wavey: Give them to me now. I'm 51 and look and feel like 70:sleeping_2:

17. North Carolina Tentmaker

That is probably part of that averaging out thing Rubato was talking about. For every 50 year old who looks 20 there is another 50 year old who looks 80.

18. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I've seen enough girls aged 14 who look like they are 18, that there should be at least one man who is 80 and looks like 25.

19. antiaging

antiaging New Member

Jack La Lanne is an old man. Look at him.

20. antiaging

antiaging New Member

The nutrition that fights against aging is the same nutrition that boosts the immune system. Basically the immune system is so high that it is hard to get sick, and if you do get sick, it heals rapidly. I don't have a regular doctor. Don't need one. This nutrition prevents many diseases, including cancer.