1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The American Birth Right And the Baby Boomers and Later Generations

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bernard Pyron, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Bernard Pyron

Bernard Pyron New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The American Birth Right And the Baby Boomers and Later Generations
    Bernard Pyron

[​IMG]
    I think there are generational differences in this country in the acceptance of Transformational Marxism and later some acceptance also of forms of Fascism. Daddy Bush in the early nineties was a leader of what is called the "New World Order", making it outstanding in perception by many Americans Although Daddy Bush tried to present the New World Order as something different than what it was, it was and is a fascist manifestation. It was not a rule of law, certainly not the law we see in the Bill of Rights.

How could Americans who fought Fascism in World War II accept Bush's New World Order which was fascist? The Baby boomer Generation - or at least the baby boomers in the universities to begin the change toward an acceptance of totalitarian government and Culture - led the way to an acceptance not only of Transformational Marxism, but later also a form of fascism. The Counterculture happened in the sixties and seventies. Daddy Bush's New World Order Speech was in 1991. The coup based upon fear of death from a Virus happened in 2020. A whole generation and more was led away from a clear understanding of and a desire to continue the American Birth Right - especially its God given rights, which Jefferson briefly taught in the Declaration of Independence and which Madison and his Committee in the House made law in the Constitution. The Baby Boomer Generation did not understand all that very well and probably their children even less.

The Declaration of Independence says "We hold these truths to be self-evident , that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

What is the American Birth Right? Well, legally it is found in the Bill of Rights and written briefly into the Declaration of Independence. The American Birthright has a Protestant Christian point of origin, starting in the Great Awakening Revivals of the 18th century. Our Birth Right was put into our Culture, Political Ideology and Theology in war with England. England gave us some of the beginnings of our Bill of Rights, but the Bank of England and the King were then trying to dominate us and overthrow our God given rights from Scripture (Isaiah 10: 2, for example). And so in a sense the men who fought the Red Coats gave us our bill of rights.

The Bill of Rights includes Freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition, the Right to keep and bear arms, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures, Right to due process of law, freedom from self-incrimination, double jeopardy, Rights of accused persons, right to a speedy trial, Right of trial by jury in civil cases, Freedom from excessive bail, protection from cruel and unusual punishments. and powers reserved to the states.

Supreme Court decisions have made more explicit the right to due process in the 5th and 14th Amendments. The 5th Amendment states that “…no person shall …be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” Supreme Court decisions have established a procedural and a substantive right to due process.

The right to due process has been made explicit in the doctrine that the law itself must be written in such a way that a defendant can defend himself against a charge brought under a law that is too vague or only describes a subjective feeling of being wronged. The law itself must be written in an explicit and clear way so that in criminal cases an objective type of action becomes the focus of guilt or innocence, and not just a subjective feeling of having been wronged.

And - the American Birth Right as stated briefly by Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence might imply also that the individual under the U.S. Constitutional Republic has the right to be free of being charged and put in prison for behavior which does no harm to another individual. Totalitarian regimes almost always punish citizens for behavior that does no harm to another individual, but is claimed to violate an ideology held by the totalitarian rulers.

The American Birth Right is not only based upon the Northern Renaissance and the Protestant Reformation in Europe and in England. It also came out of the Reformation in Scotland.

Historian Quentin Skinner in The Foundations of Modern Political
    Thought, 1978, goes over the influence of several Scots
    and English Christians, such as John Knox and Samuel Rutherford, on John
    Locke and the late 18th century American political ideology behind the creation of the Constitutional Republic.

John Locke's book, Two Treatises of Government, according to Skinner, influenced Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence, and had an influence on James Madison and other Founding Fathers.

Isaiah 10: 1-2: "Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed. To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right of the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless."

There are some other verses in the Old Testament about the right of the people - Lamentations 3: 33-36, and Malachi 3: 5.

John Knox and Samuel Rutherford in Scotland, created, from scripture, a view that supported the right of the common people to oppose a totalitarian government, which does not respect the rights of the people. These ideas
    of Knox and Rutherford were secularized by John Locke and
    Thomas Jefferson made them into the Declaration of Independence, one of
    our founding documents which does briefly state a political ideology.

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." Dwight D. Eisenhower

[​IMG]

#1 Bernard Pyron, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. Bernard Pyron

Bernard Pyron New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I have no idea how the members of this forum might react to this post on the American Birth Right. I posted this same essay on a blog the last few days and got more responses than I have ever gotten on that blog. It would be interesting if it turns out that most church Christians are not interested in this topic. I have never seen a thread on the American Birth Right on a Christian forum, but then most of the Christian forums I have been on were run by dispensationalists and I have never tried to post on this topic on these forums. I have never found a Christian forum run by Christians who follow Reformation theology which is as active as many dispensationalist forums. And one reason why dispensationalist forums are more active is because dispensationalists tend to be argumentative. That becomes tiresome.

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The Bible Never Says ‘All Men are Created Equal’
    "The Bible Never Says ‘All Men are Created Equal’"
    "How the New Testament offers a better, higher calling than the Declaration of Independence."

Show me where God endowed all of mankind with anything.

Why would Christian men endorse freedom of religion when God does not?

Do you believe stealing the Indians land is a good witness of Christ?

The only redeeming quality I see in the history of this nation is its support of Israel.

4. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not exactly sure what your point is with your opening post. Americans have a birthright just as any other person has a birth right being born in whatever country they are born in. People are always degenerating and so a nation is always declining.

As great as the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, are, they are only as good as the people under them are willing to abide by them , as those in 1776. But, as I said, people are always degenerating.

You ask how could people accept Bush's fascist New World Order. I would ask, How could people accept Lincoln's dictatorship and his making war against his own people? How could people accept Lincoln's and the North's disregard of the Constitution. And all this was done but a little less and more than 100 years after the Declaration of Independence.

The Declaration and Bill of Rights are good. But only as good as the people are willing to abide by them. The North didn't like that original Constitution because it favored the South. So, they destroyed the South, and changed the Constitution.

America is a study in suicide. It was founded by Whites of European descent. It's government is based upon the laws of Europeans, all of which were impacted by Christiaity. Yet in 1965 it created an immigration law that favors third word peoples and not Europeans. Thus they bring in a different people, different beliefs. They change the very make up of society, the fabric, and then act all confused as it rots and no longer seems to represent the original. What did they expect? Death by suicide.

Quantrill

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But only as good as the people are willing to abide by them. The North didn't like that original Constitution because it favored the South. So, they destroyed the South, and changed the Constitution.

Dont forget the New England wanted to Succeed earlier in the 19th Century

6. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, I am aware of that. But when the South wanted to secede, it's treason. If you win the war, it was revolution. If you lose the war, it was rebellion. Thus 1776 was revolution. 1861 was rebellion.

Quantrill

• Agree Agree x 1