1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Anti-George Floyd

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, May 4, 2021.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going through some of my street photography, and came across some photos I took in the spring of 2016 when Trump visited a city within driving distance. One photo stood out after the Floyd debacle. (Note: I didn't say Chauvin debacle.) There were the Leftists on one side of the street, vile, provocative and loud--er, I mean, mostly peaceful, and the rally attenders on the other, quiet and orderly.

BLM was a fledgling org, and hadn't yet been emboldened by years of no reprisals for their murder and arson, and a handful of them showed up. They would periodically cross the street and run through the line of rally attenders with Bernie signs, extending their middle fingers and shouting De Niro's oft-used eloquent anti-Trump witticism.

While on their own side of the street casting their profanity, they would often step off the curb onto the street. Protesters had to stay on the sidewalk, and after a warning the next infraction would result in arrest, one defiant dupe stepped off. He was arrested, and I captured this image:

img_2214_25626037122_o_hq.jpg

How is he the anti-George Floyd? He wasn't a career criminal. He wasn't high on three times a lethal dose of fentanyl. He was significantly smaller and less powerful, and he didn't resist arrest.

He wasn't a 6'4" career criminal, known, combative, lying danger to himself and the officers and others needing to be forced into submission.

Imagine if Floyd had simply submitted. He'd have died without a cop's knee on his back. It was the fentanyl that killed him.

Now, Imagine this scene with George Floyd, and not this punk, and how ugly this would have become and how quickly.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I remember a place on the BB we could upload photo albums. Is that still a thing?