1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Battle for the Lords Day worship...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you know the schedule going in.....dont they generally provide both a job description & a work schedule....and if not, then I suggest that from this time forward you request one prior to taking an interview.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally dont think anyone should have to work Sundays however if you have a mortgage, mouths to feed, etc & your back is against the wall, then that perhaps could be considered an extenuating circumstance. As Mexdeaf stated, he works every Sunday! :laugh:

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mentioned in my application I could not work sundays yet they called me anyways. They did not post a schedule of hours on the website. But yes a good plan. The next employer that calls me for an interview that does not post work hours I will ask for the hours before the interview and if they refuse to give it, I wont go to the interview.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being a pastor or serving in the ministry is a different deal. We are not that desperate as the wife's income pays the bills. Mine will help ease her off a little but we can survive with her income. I will find a job soon though...

5. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I may not hold to the same principle as you in this area I do find it refreshing that someone would take a stand on the principle they hold when today most live lives of compromise and seek others to follow and or mock them when they don't.
    While I am not interested in trying to change your conviction I would say be very sure that it is biblically supported without straining at a gnat. Also I would say be sure that when holding to any conviction we are not falling short in another area and justifyig it as acceptable. Besides that I pray that your job hunting goes well, God bless.

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Personal worship is 24/7 but public worship by its very nature involves:

1. Public place of worship
    2. Public time of worship
    3. Public acts of worship

Satan has been busy attacking all three aspects.

1. He has supplanted the public place (house of God) with High places

2. He has supplanted the public time (The Lord's day) by making every day alike and therefore no SINGULAR "day" regarded as the Lord's "day."

3. He has supplanted the public act (centralization on the sacrificial lamb) with sacramentalism, entertainment, perversion of the gospel and gospel ordinances, etc.

Psalms 118:24 explicitly demands a SINGULAR "day" set forth by God to be observed as a "DAY" (not an hour or two) of rejocing and gladness in commemoration of the resurrection of Christ (Acts 4:10-11) in the spirit of Isaiah 58:13 which regards it as a delight rather than a duty, that honors the Lord rather than using it for "THINE OWN SELF" and thus "THE LORD'S" day.

Psalm 118:24 cannot refer to the Jewish Sabbath as that Sabbath had already been "made" by God previously but this one is prophetic in direct reaction to the Jews killing Christ - Psalm 118:22-23 with Acts 4:10-11. To claim that every day of the week is this day that God hath "made" is oxymorornic as God never reacted to the killing of Christ by making all seven "days" plural the "Lord's day" singular!

#26 The Biblicist, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Thanks for that- Interesting perspective.