1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Beasts Smell Blood

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, May 15, 2021.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is saying you claim man is independent of God. Read my comment on that in context with the previous statement.

We don’t disagree on why it is wrong to take human life. I've already covered that.

We disagree on what the DOI means by what it says. I’m arguing that in context it cannot mean what you seem to want it to mean, nor imply what you want it to imply.

I could understand some of your objections, if it did mean what you want. Since neither of us can budge on that, we’ve probably gone as far as we can go with this. It’s been fun. :Thumbsup

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, God already covered that with Noah way back. Where've you been? :Wink

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know what the DOI says.

My issue is whether it is true.

Does man have an inalienable right, endowed to man by God, to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Scripture absolutely says "no", life is not a right but a blessing, liberty is not given by God except in Christ as a freedom from the bondage of sin and death, under a different "Yoke", and man does not have the right to presue his or her own happiness.

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone who reads it knows what it says. That isn’t what was cited as the problem.

The debate is over its aims, its meanings, its intents, its scope, its limitations.

You can disagree that that is what the issue is, but that won't resolve anything, only highlight the underlying reason for the impasse.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see it as a basis for its aims (the government should strive to protect a citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness)....and that is a good thing, I agree with the aims. I have no problem with the DOI.

The problem is that it is not actually true.