1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Beginnings of Arab Distrust of All Western Nations

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems the Brits promised what wasn't theirs to promise in the the first place. Hard to deliver on a promise like that.

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

This part of the world has so much history....lots of folk can squabble over it, and if you go slightly more eastward which saw the first Christian state...where West meets East......endless migrations of people have seen all that area claimed and lost over human history.

3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Thank you for some facts, finally.

4. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I believe this is referring to the Christian Zionist pastor John Hagee. If I'm wrong, I hope I'll be corrected.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Promises have been made and broken throughout history. One of the more famous ones is: If you like your doctor you can keep him.

Crabby how many Arabs do you think are aware of the promise made 100 years ago? The truth is that Muslims {Arabs} do not like people they perceive to be Christians, whether there are one or not. Europe and America are predominantly white and supposedly Christian therefore Muslims {Arabs} do not like white folks.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First the Arabs do not distrust us they hate us. The reason is that we are not Muslim. Period. They attacked Americans early on in this country. They went on a world wide rampage to take over the world 400 years before the Crusades. The crusades being the response to the Muslim attempt to take over the world. The propaganda in the op ignores these facts.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As do most of his OPs ignore other pertinent facts, and instead inserts a whale of a lot of innuendo!! :sleep::rolleyes:

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The rise of Mohammedanism [Islam] began in the seventh century AD and eventually replaced Christianity in the lands of the Bible and North Africa. Islam spread into Europe as far west as France before being defeated by Charles Martel, the grandfather of Charlemagne, at Tours, France in 732 AD [Halley. page 717]. Part of Spain remained under control of Islam [the Moors] until 1492 AD when Ferdinand defeated the last Moorish army at the gates of Granada and drove them back to Africa [Schaff, Volume IV, page 173].

The second major assault against the Christian nations by Islam was led this time by the Turkish Empire [Halley, page 719; see also Henry, Volume 6, page 1153 and Carroll, page 114]. Artillery was first used in the Turkish assault and capture of Constantinople in 1455 AD. Under the Turkish Empire, Islam penetrated as far west as Vienna [Austria] where they were defeated by a Polish army under John Sobieski in 1683 AD. Islam is still present in some Balkan states [eg.,Bosnia and Kosovo, part of the former Yugoslavia, and Albania].

The sword was the primary means of establishing the Islamic religion. A study of the spread of Islam shows that they were indiscriminate in their killing and conquest and Christians in particular suffered.

**************************************************************************************************

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old, I would give you good odds that lots more Arabs are aware of the double cross pulled by England and France than there are Americans. It is their history. Certainly any of the leaders of Arab countries are well aware of this stab in the back. Why would they trust the West. What agreement has the West ever entered into with them that was honored more than a few years?

Also, almost all Arabs in the Mid-East are Caucasian.

10. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about this for an idea. The United States withdraw from all Middle East countries and let them conduct their own fight.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They would still hate us and still come after us.

12. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with RevMitchell that if you ain't Muslim you are an enemy of them. This has been going on forever. Having just read yet another book on Gallipoli which although a total disaster on the allied side in WW1 ...it is a defining moment in Australian history . The Turks were part of the Ottoman Empire and during this period undertook to eliminate enemies of the State and Islam...so the Armenian Genocide occurred....Armenians being of course Christians in the main. The Turkish commander who was prominent in the Gallipoli campaign was later know by the name Attaturk as he founded a modern Turkey separating church and state, which now waning.

And yes TheAmericanDream....as a family friend is currently in Iraq I tend to agree with you, but pulling out will allow the green crescent to expand unabated. I fear we are seeing the beginning of another world war, I hope I am wrong about this.

#32 Melanie, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015