1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Betrayal of America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Mar 1, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.augustafreepress.com/stories/storyReader$39014

The betrayal of America

A Sick and Tired Writer

Max Friedman

The Augusta Free Press

EXCERPT

This column is a rant, not a soft, cuddly piece of fluff opinion. It is going to tell the truth like you have never heard it before. To quote Jack Nicholson from the movie "A Few Good Men" - "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth" - but I'm going to give it to you anyway.

So, as your mother used to do to those of you readers who are old enough to remember, hold your nose and take your medicine, because the doctor is in, and he's operating with a chainsaw.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It's not "the truth". It's an opinion/editorial. It's one person's opinion. It might be an honest opinion, but it's nothing more than opinion.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is also his "truth"

However, there are enough facts in the article that I know to be true to believe his opinion is backed up, in large measure, by the "truth".

Yes, it is more than just another opinion. Even if you don't like what it says.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I don't have a problem with what he says, or what anyone in an op-ed says. Nevertheless, it's important to discern between an article that is an opinion/editorial, and an article that is a news article. It has been demonstrated that there is no shortage of people who don't know the different, and will quote editorials as though they were gospel.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Good article Carpro!

Even if it is just more lame propaganda meant to reinforce the already discredited idea of a "vast liberal conspiracy" of the press.

The globalists own the press both liberal and conservative sides of it. Controlled opposition same as the democrats are the controlled opposition to the republicans today.

The democrats are only there to reinforce the loyalties to the globalists man of the hour in the oval office by making crazy statements in opposition to what is perceived as "his" policies and visa versa.

When the globalists man of the hour happens to be a democrat then the rebuplicans serve as the controlled opposition to reinforce the democrats and liberals loyalties to what is perceived as "his" policies.

It's all designed to make you think there are two sides and to embrace the globalists policies of turning America into a third world nation without any national sovereignty or control over our own government and controlling the wealth and resources our fore fathers built and paid for in blood and treasure.

It's all entertainment for those that still believe there are two sides and two parties working against each other. Hope you enjoy the phony show while they tag team us out of our republic and therefore freedom both individual and national.

[ March 01, 2006, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

6. standingfirminChrist

Betrayal Was Political, Friend

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This betrayal is based on the consolidation of the elites wealth and power over every person and nation on this planet and both parites and the media are a party to it. They are all bought and paid for by the same few priveleged people and serve only their wishes.

8. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Step 1. Deny and reframe the issue
    Step 2. Blame media
    Step 3. Blame Democratic leadership
    Step 4. Blame critics
    Step 5. Blame the victim

Rinse, wash and repeat…..

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you please tell me who represented this article as anything other than an op-ed?

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I never said anyone represented it as such. I'm saying that there is no shortage of people who commonly make the mistake of thinking that op-eds are news articles. I fail tos ee why you have a problem with that point being clarified.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't, but I'm puzzled as to why you felt it was necessary to point out the obvious instead of actually commenting on any of the many points the author made.

Is that going to be the extent of your participation in this subject? Do you, perchance, have a different "opinion" about something the author wrote??

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I felt it was necessary because, as I noted earlier, there have been several instances on this board where people have referenced op-ed articles as though they were news articles.

As for the point the author made, I have no particular interest debating the topic that author discusses.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I felt it was necessary because, as I noted earlier, there have been several instances on this board where people have referenced op-ed articles as though they were news articles.

As for the point the author made, I have no particular interest debating the topic that author discusses.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you for protecting the rest of us from ourselves.
    [​IMG]

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

15. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Actually read how negative the article is..it is about seperation and not reconcilation..its about calling Americans dumb..yes it in there and you
    think that is good...shame on you...Mr. selective
    Libertarian.

Draggoon you put an exclamation you really must live by this article.

[​IMG]

The real author of the un Godly op-ed

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Freidman's bio on the site states that he is the professional leftie-baiter his self-admitted "rant" would indicate. It's appallingly typical of these rabid rightwing pundits to wantonly accuse those with whom they disagree of committing multiple capital offenses.

A republic is government by law. If one branch of the government considers itself to be above and beyond its own laws, then it betrays the people who've entrusted it to carry out their laws. That cranky ranter seems to consider any exposure of secret illegal acts committed or authorized by the executive branch to be treason instead of recognising the patriotic heroism which preserves the ideals of this nation.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

All hail the king or be thrown in the dungeon in other words eh Daisy? My thoughts exactly. ;)

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yeah, that's my take on his attitude.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least one "leftie baiter" is needed out there to make up for the the multiple rightie baiters that continually accuse Bush of all sorts of crimes and call for his impeachment on grounds of treason and worse.

A couple of lefties who continually accuse Bush of the most heinous of crimes reside right here on this board.

Turn about is fair play and anti American communist sympathizers are never properly appreciative when their affiliations are duly pointed out, as Friedman has done.

"If you want names of these people, here are a few of the worst: Abzug, Conyers, Dellums, G. Miller, D. Edwards, Rangel, Kastenmeier, Harkin, Kerry, Braun, P. Burton, P. Mitchell, C. Hayes (CPUSA), G. Crockett (CPUSA), T. Weiss, and about another dozen with lesser numbers of fronts or less serious affiliations. Dellums even wrote a glowing memorial statement for Sandy Pollack, a key CPUSA operative and a true Comintern (Communist International) agent if there ever was one in the 1970s and 1980s. It is in her tribute book, along with a lot of other people whose names would shock you."

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The only thing that even comes close to shocking me anymore is the amount of people that accuse those defending the principles this country was founded on of commiting treason and those that point out how this neoliberal administration is helping to destroy those very principles as traitors. I find it rather Orwellian personally.

I care more about those founding principles than I do about being either a righty or a lefty or a member in good standing of some co opted political party.