1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bible vs UFO narratives - the new normal as of 2017

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Dec 24, 2017.

?
  1. The Bible refutes UfO narratives - Evolution is false - and only sinless beings were created

2. The Bible does not put any limits on what can be out here -- all UFO narratives welcomed

3. The Bible says that humans are the only living beings in the universe - so all UFO fake

4. The Bible does not tell us what is in the universe - so all UFO narratives welcomed

5. Evolution is the right doctrine on origins and UFOs-aliens can be good or evil.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Former Pentagon UFO official: 'We may not be alone' - CNNPolitics

Navy Pilot Says UFO He Saw Off California Was ‘Not of This World’

Ny Times - front page - Sunday paper Dec 16, 2017
    Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
    US government recovered materials it 'does not recognise' from UFO

The bible describes life beyond Earth - for example... Angels. They are not God, and they are not from Earth.

The bad ones are here. And have been here for a long time. And are now forced to stay around here.

Good ones are here as well - sent by God on a mission and they travel to heaven and back.

The Bible also says God "created the worlds" -- but only this world sinned. The one vs the 99. (Figuratively speaking)

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Meanwhile these videos from official sources may start to multiply.

Head of Pentagon’s secret ‘UFO’ office sought to make evidence public

The new "normal"

Raytheon getting its share of the credit for that piece of evidence.

Raytheon: The UFO spotter - Navy pilots used Raytheon tech to track a strange UFO

The more detailed accounts:
    That Time the U.S. Navy Had a Close Encounter With a UFO
    There I Was: The X-Files Edition | Fighter Sweep

==========================

Maybe I should have titled this thread "the new normal"

And the "Downside" to that?

2Thess 2 informs

8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

And Rev 13 informs

12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast,

And Matt 24 informs

24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

And Rev 16 informs

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty

====

The elect of God would take heed to the warnings in the scripture and so would not be deceived..

1 Thess 5
    Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

The reason to discuss the warning is because the elect do not ignore the warnings

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    By definition -- any life at all that does not originate from Earth is "extraterrestrial" - that is simply the "definition of the word".

That is not the debatable part.

By "space" I assume you mean "in the universe somewhere".

Yes -- heaven has locality according to the Bible - this is not heaven nor is it the throne of God nor is it the temple of God in heaven.

John 14 is all about location... location... location...

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

The Gift of His Peace
    25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

=========================================

Christians who accept the Bible account of creation in Genesis 1 but are mistaken about the two lights on day four being the only number of things created on day four -- may likely fall into this following camp.

=================== begin quote
    "A number of leading evolutionists, like the late Dr. Carl Sagan, have popularized the idea that there must be intelligent life in outer space.2 From an evolutionary perspective, it would make sense to suggest such a possibility. People who believe this possibility contend that, if life evolved on earth by natural processes, intelligent life must exist somewhere else in the far reaches of space, given the size of the universe and the millions of possible planets.

One can postulate endlessly about possibilities of intelligent life in outer space, but I believe a Christian worldview, built on the Bible, rejects such a possibility.

Do I Believe in UFOs? Absolutely!
    =============================================

That is a problem -- if you look at the data presented in the OP.

#2 BobRyan, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017