1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Birth and Nature of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

If you have your mother's blood, you must be a mutation. The mother's blood is not shared with the fetus at all.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Where is Joseph in Jesus genealogy ? I can see your point but me thinks you forget that with God all things are possible.

BBob,

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Being convinced is one thing, offering evidence is yet another. It is just as much conjecture for you to say that as it is for another to claim that an egg of Mary was not used.

You fail to understand that sin does not lie in the physical, nor is sin a trait to be passed on by the physical. Sin lies in the will, not in the sensibilities of the flesh.

How about the questions I posed concerning the issue of fornication? If the sperm of Joseph was somehow used by the Holy Spirit, would that constitute fornication on the part of Joseph and or Mary as DHK has suggested?

4. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

I find this interesting that we are all here arguing about the Incarnation, the divine becoming flesh. Since when did this stop being a mystery and start being defendable positions?

We can have different opinions on this matter, but they are just opinions. Sorry Eliyahu, no one is ever going to "explain Word became Flesh properly" -- it's not possible. Instead of bickering like this, we should all do something productive...like sleeping!

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

GeneticsWhy do we behave the way we do?Why is my skin colour the way it is and why is my hairy curly when my friends hair is straight?Why am I so tall compared to others?These and other similar questions can be attributed to one word -GeneticsWhat is Gene? A Gene is the director of our bodies.Genes stipulates and directs the building and make up of our cells.Gene are made out of DNA, one line of our DNA can contain thousands of genes. Genes control and make part of our bodies work.
    Take this as an example our blood contain red blood cells which spreads oxygen all over our bodies. Our bodies contain more than 25,000 genes.

The blood types
    Our bodies have four different types of blood in it, the plasma blood that helps form blood clots to stop you from bleeding, The red blood cells which transfers the oxygen we breath through all parts of our body, The white blood cells which helps our body fight again illness or any infections we have in our bodies, and also the platelets which that help sores or wounds from bleeding.
    All humans have different blood type. These blood types are genes we inherit from our parents. The most well known blood type is the ABO. You get one blood type from both your mother and father and these two combine to give you your blood type.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

Brother Bob, if you cannot read the genealogy of Christ in either passage and see Joseph named directly in both as the father of Jesus, or Christ as the son of Joseph, (same difference) I have absolutely no hope that you would believe the obvious if I were to sit it directly on the end of our nose.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It doe not tell us that it wasn't either.

It does tell us that Jesus was of the "seed" of David, which according to your theory, not only is Joseph left out, but so is King David of whose throne Jesus came to sit on.

BBob,

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

HP; for the life of me, I do not know how you read into both passages where Joseph was the father. It also goes against God sending a angel telling Mary and Joseph, that the birth would be of the Holy Ghost, not Joseph.

Scripture plainly tells us that Joseph is not the father period.

9. standingfirminChrist

Eliyahu is right. Jesus could not be the atonement for our sins had He carried the stain of sin.

Mary's egg would have given Him 23 chromosomes stained with the effects of sin. Christ would not be the sinless, spotless, unblemished sacrifice had He been a product of any part of Mary's ovum.

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

I am taking Cowboy's advice. Goodnight:smilewinkgrin:

11. standingfirminChrist

Bob, are you saying your mother and father were animals? The site you have a link to is about animal breeding and genetics. ROFL. It has nothing to do with your post after the link.

Of course that doesn't make sense either.

12. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joseph is mentioned both in Matthew and in Luke, while Mary is mentioned in Matthew only.
    If Luke's genealogy is the one for Mary, why does it omit the name Mary which is mentioned even in Joseph's genealogy in Matthew?

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do not know where you linked to but it is not about animals but people. You are being silly now SFic, you need to get up off the floor and read it more carefully.

http://www.geneticscongress2003.com/genetics.htm

Originally Posted by Brother Bob
    GeneticsWhy do we behave the way we do?Why is my skin colour the way it is and why is my hairy curly when my friends hair is straight?Why am I so tall compared to others?These and other similar questions can be attributed to one word -GeneticsWhat is Gene? A Gene is the director of our bodies.Genes stipulates and directs the building and make up of our cells.Gene are made out of DNA, one line of our DNA can contain thousands of genes. Genes control and make part of our bodies work.
    Take this as an example our blood contain red blood cells which spreads oxygen all over our bodies. Our bodies contain more than 25,000 genes.

The blood types
    Our bodies have four different types of blood in it, the plasma blood that helps form blood clots to stop you from bleeding, The red blood cells which transfers the oxygen we breath through all parts of our body, The white blood cells which helps our body fight again illness or any infections we have in our bodies, and also the platelets which that help sores or wounds from bleeding.
    All humans have different blood type. These blood types are genes we inherit from our parents. The most well known blood type is the ABO. You get one blood type from both your mother and father and these two combine to give you your blood type.

#113 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do not know, can't see how they both are for Joseph though.

BBob,

15. standingfirminChrist

Bob, scroll up to #105, your post and click on it and tell me where it links to. I just showed my wife. It is to a page in Australia about animal breeding and genetics.

It is not the same link you later provided.

Now, who is being silly?

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

Lu 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Mt 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Brother Bob, your request was within my means to provide, as redundant as it may seem, and I could sleep yet anyway.:)

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This is #105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by standingfirminChrist
    If you have your mother's blood, you must be a mutation. The mother's blood is not shared with the fetus at all.

The blood types

Please show me where the animals are. Are you ok Sfic??

This is where you went to and please read it slowly.

A total of 280 elite, invited speakers will address the Congress. There will be a total of 54 Symposia. A dynamic program of social events is planned and there are many options for pre- and post-Congress holiday packages along with many tours. A series of satellite meetings will be held in association with the Congress. The annual conferences of the Association for the Advancement of Animal Breeding and Genetics, the Genetics Society of Australia and the Human Genetics Society of Australasia will be incorporated into the Congress.

BBob,

18. standingfirminChrist

Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus.

The "(as was supposed)" only means that Joseph was thought to be the father, not that he was.

the 'of whom was born Jesus' is speaking about Mary, not Joseph.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Speaks for itself HP;

BBob,

20. standingfirminChrist

did you not read the part I just colored blue?

Do you know what an animal is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.