1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Blessedness - Romans 4:6-8

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 28, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is getting old is your false accusations! You nor Michael have EVER provided a contextual based defense of what you believe. I don't even think you know what "a contextual based defense" is! Do you?

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I prove my beliefs with scripture and explanation.

You attack constantly by saying you do not like our techniques. Too bad, now stop personally attacking.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are absolutely telling a falsehood! You NEVER respond with a contextual based defense of your position. Such a response cannot be found on this thread and I have never found one on any other thread. Your MO is when contextual evidence is presented you either ignore it or start calling others "accusers." If you cannot respond to Biblical based evidence then why are you even on this forum? It is a debate forum - provide some kind of Biblical based response to the evidence I have presented several times. Not ONCE have you responded with a CONTEXTUAL based response - Not Once!

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You have NEVER provided any Contextual based response to Biblical evidence presented against you and you have NEVER presented a contextual based argument - NEVER!

When you are confronted with Contextual based evidence that your explanations are wrong you start throwing mud and ignore it and call those who expose your ignorance as "ACCUSERS" when in reality the only accusation is your complete ignorance of God's Word.

Try responding to contextual based evidence against your positions by pointing out where and how the arguments against your reasoning are in error according to the immediate context.

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Definition of contextual: Of, involving, or depending on a context.

Biblicist,

You need to stop with the ridiculous false accusations. Michael and I both deal with context.

Stop attacking and try to debate doctrine.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

They simply claim that infants are provided faith by the church and it is later confirmed and so infants are proper subjects for baptism.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

YOU are the one throwing mud, just read this post right here, right now.
    LOL

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Are you kidding me? Every reader on this forum knows you NEVER present a contextual based response! Instead you turn to ridicule or accusations of "accuser" toward those who merely point out contextual based facts that contradict your interpretations.

I would if you or Michael would debate! Both you simply IGNORE the Contextual based evidence presented against your assertions. It would be great if YOU would debate the evidence instead of ignoring it or charging those who merely present contrary evidence as being "accusers." Debate the evidence presented by demonstrating why it is wrong contextually rather than ignoring it or slinging mud!

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Can you stop yourself, Biblicist? Look at this, ANOTHER post just filled with false accusations and personal attacks.

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are making my point! I simply pointed out that you fail to respond to contextual based arguments by pointing out errors in the arguments according to the immediate context BUT respond either by RUNNING from the text and context and JUMPING to another context in order to PIT that scriptures against scripture OR make accusations as you do above.

Obviously, you cannot understand what I am saying or else you would not be responding exactly as I predicted.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I am reposting the OP in order for us to get back on track. I think we can agree that we are off the OP and so let's return to the OP and drop all discussion that does not relate to this OP and the immediate context that the OP deals with.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have replied to this post before, but I will do it again, so that there is a chance that it will be understood better, and the chance that more people will hear the truth.

My Bible translation uses the words β€œcredited as righteousness.” Whether or not you use the translation that says β€˜imputed’ or β€œcredited” it is clear this is about God declaring someone being righteous without works.

Who are the people whom God will credit righteousness without works? Those people are the ones who will believe in Jesus, it is about the New Covenant. This is for all people who believe in Jesus.

Now, what does David mean β€œwithout” works? The Jews had the works of the law. God nailed these works to the cross. What works did God nail to the cross? God nailed sin offerings to the cross. God nailed burnt offerings to the cross. God nailed observance of special days to the cross. God nailed various external washings to the cross. God nailed circumcision of the flesh to the cross. God nailed all these WORKS that the Jews had to do JUST TO WORSHIP God, the Jews had to do all those works because of sin.

Did God nail obeying Him to the cross? Of course, not, we still have to obey God. Did God nail stop sinning to the cross? Of course, not, we still are not to sin. Did God nail doing good to the cross? Of course, not, we still are to do good.

God nailed the works to the cross that we no longer have to do just to worship God.

Abraham had to be circumcised, as did his sons and all the males in his household. The scriptures even speak about BEFORE ABRAHAM AND CIRCUMCISION. In Romans Paul says in Romans 4:10, β€œUnder what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before?
    Right there that should tell you it IS about the work of circumcision.

Circumcision is definitely the Work spoken of in the explanation of Abraham and works. The fact that Abraham lived so long before the Law of Moses, this shows too what the works are, the works of the law like sin offerings. Circumcision was also in the Law of Moses.
    Surely, you are not arguing that Abraham was allowed to be sinful and live a life of wickedness are you? With your beliefs and explanations, you claim that Abraham was considered righteous for believing while he lived a sinful wicked life. You ARE claiming that obeying in anything is a work. Wisdom proves you wrong about your doctrines, for Abraham was not allowed to live any kind of way and still be considered righteous apart from works. People falsely call obeying God in anything a work, but that is not so, for Abraham obeyed God from the beginning, and before circumcision and before the Law of Moses.
    Did Abraham live a wicked life before circumcision and the Law of Moses? NO.

Please only use God’s words. Do not use one of your teacher’s words or your own words. Where does the Bible say, β€œThe subject is Justification and two requirements must be met for the β€œungodly” to be justified before God”?

Imputed, or credited righteousness is the fact that someone has faith, that someone believes.

God gives forgiveness of sins to those who believe.

It is clear that Catholics and those from the reformed group have false beliefs concerning works.

#92 Moriah, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  13. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

He is not capable of ceasing to attack.

14. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

He accuses us of slinging mud, yet he is the one who uses words like "cultist" to describe us.

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Exactly!

And he claims he wants to debate and we don't, but who is the one having a tantrum and throwing out all kinds of wild and false accusations?

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As an example of faith. But you have a hard time believing and understanding. Let me ask you. Do you believe that Nero lived. Do you have faith in the history books that Nero was a person that lived at the time of the Apostle Paul? Are you able to exercise your faith to come to a belief in those facts.
    Who brought Nero into this discussion. Do you believe Nero existed as a man? Do you have faith?
    No, James teaches that if faith does not produce works then faith is dead. Works never saves anyone. Faith produces works. James is addressing Christians who are already saved teaching them about their Christian walk, not about salvation.
    Faith is faith is faith. You don't know what faith is.
    Perhaps to you faith is some esoterical, mystical, metaphysical, existential, supernatural and magical experience that somehow you have to lay hold of with sensory perceptions hoping beyond hope that the unseen might become true.
    Does that sum it up concisely?
    See error? Me? No, I see ignorance in your post to me.
    I teach what James teaches, which you do not understand. James was writing to Christians, not the unsaved. The product of a Christian's faith is works.
    Oh, come now. My children shudder when they get cold. They are not demonic. I shudder at the things you post on this board. The demons shudder at the very thought of standing before a holy and just God who will throw them into the Lake of Fire prepared for the devil and his angels. (Rev.20:10)
    Oh, I see. You are the one that thinks they are saved.
    Faith + works = salvation.
    But I believe that faith in Christ alone saves. You don't believe that.
    You don't get it.
    Salvation is by faith and faith alone. You consider faith a work, just like SBM. In that respect you believe the same as SBM, who is a hyper-Calvinist. You both believe that faith is a work.
    But faith is not a work. And salvation is not of works. What you are posting is in error; not Scriptural.
    You do err not knowing the Scriptures.

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I always back up what I believe with scripture and show that what I believe was held in the earliest churches. It's the Latin West that has perverted the NT and early church views -- that includes the RCC and the Magisterial Reformers. But you go ahead and promote what Luther and Calvin taught and try to convince yourself that you are very far removed from the RCC.

And, if it pleases you, continue to come up with new adjectives to describe me. I will not say anything more that is personally demeaning to you. If I were to die tonight or soon, I don't want that to be on my record.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, you do.

I am here to speak about the Word of God, not Nero.

You brought Nero into this conversation.

It does not matter if it is before or after salvation, for faith without action is DEAD. It is NEVER alive. It is not the saving faith that you claim it is.

I believe in what God says faith is, would you like me to tell you?

James says faith without action is dead. It is not alive faith before one is a Christian. IT IS DEAD.

Even the demons believe and shudder shuddering is an action. You claim Christians are saved by only believing without any reaction. In fact, you not only say it is a heretical belief to say we are to have an action with our beliefs, you also call it a condemned, and accursed belief, and that we are NOT to obey God.
    Even the demons believe and have an action, and they are not saved. Yet you believe humans cannot believe with a reaction. Are you beginning to see the ludicrousness in such teaching?

Where have I said faith was or was not a work?

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not think he is capable of it either.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Resposted because no one answered