1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Brain Injury that Spawned SDA

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did she ever state that Sunday worshipers would have by that the mark of the Beast?

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NEITHER of them meant to be in the office on an Apostle/prophet, as ONLY they could speak and write down theology for God!

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Sunday worshipers"?

By that do you mean people who attend a religious service on a Sunday?

"No one has yet received the mark of the beast".—Evangelism, 234 (1899). {LDE 224.5}

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quit evading! The people that choose to honor Sunday for the Lord, and not the saturday Sabbath!

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Until you read the actual Bible.

27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues. 29 All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they? 30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they? 31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Apostles and Prophets ceased into the Church after the Apostolic Age.....

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You quote yourself with complete freedom... I have to give you that.

By "definition" an Apostle is one who was a student of Christ and physically saw him. AND had the 1Cor 12 spiritual gift of Apostle.. so those guys did not survive the first century.

Other than that - you are making stuff up.

Ephesians 4 -- spiritual gifts do not cease until the 2nd coming.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the scriptures do not state that there will be any additional revelations from God after them!

9. JoChris

JoChris New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sister.
    Objectively now: is there a single person whom Ellen White spoke to/about who is still alive today?
    If NO - she is a false prophet according to the BIBLE. Therefore I will not consider anything her supporters say seriously, no matter how eloquent they are or how much pro-SDA evidence they provide.

The same can be typed about about a multitude of religions. e.g. Hinduism's apologists are likely to know way more than the average Christian scholar who is not an ex-Hindu themselves. It doesn't make their lies any more true than Christian apologists' material on Hinduism.

I used to have a more open-minded policy to reading other religions' materials like you are suggesting I should of your own. After I foolishly gave into my curiousity about an infamous occultist's material and read what would have been banned until fairly recently I decided I would keep to what I can tell is a CHRISTIAN/ preferably Baptists' writings on the matter from now on.

Satan is the Father of Lies. Some are obviously evil anti-Christian lies, others are like "1-10 degrees off on the compass" pseudo-Christianity. Both lead to the same destination.

Ellen White was both a brain-damaged individual AND a false prophet. I will remain close-minded to her and her church.

10. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Ok, "sister" [apologies], you chose the "negative". That is really saddening. Let it be said I offered, you willingly refused to look at evidence contrary to your held belief.

Actually, the persons in the vision are not all dead, but you do not seem to understand what the Bible says about that matter, and so misunderstand where the angel was quoting from in scripture [KJB], or the three types of person that it refers to, and also the when [timing] thereof.

If you had chosen the affirmative, and been open to actually looking and studying it out with me, you might have seen the several mistakes that the website has made, and distance yourself from it. Let me know if you change your closed mind.

#50 One Baptism, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have posted several examples of her FAILED prophecies. And many of her "prophecies" were about things that anyone who followed the news could see coming. They were same as my saying, "I prophesy, that if Jesus doesn't come and put a stop to it, that man will, at some future time, routinely fly spacecraft."

She said she received this on June 27, 1850:

(Early Writings, p.67).

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A graduate student working on an advanced degree at Teachers’ College, Columbia University, in 1959 discovered a copy of Ellen White’s Education in the personal reference library of Florence Stratemeyer. Stratemeyer, a leading educator and professor of education, was invited to give an address before a convention of Adventist teachers in Washington, D.C. In it she said, among other things: “Recently the book Education, by Ellen G. White, has been brought to my attention. Written at the turn of the century, this volume was more than fifty years ahead of its times. And I was surprised to learn that it was written by a woman with but three years of schooling.

Six years earlier Professor Tsunekichi Mizuno of Japan’s Tamagawa University (and formerly head of the Tokyo Museum of Science and director of social education for the Japanese Ministry of Education) recommended Education to parents, teachers, and students. He called it “most profitable reading in our understanding of the ‘New Education.’”

The minister of education of a southern European country had been studying at Teachers’ College, Columbia University. He had come to the United States for the newest and best in educational policy and program of his newborn state. Upon his return to southern Europe, Raja R. Radosavlyevish “authored” a work on religious and moral education. It was written in the Serbian language, published by the state university press, and acclaimed by that institution as the “best book” on religious education in that language. When Adventist church leaders in Serbia read the work, they recognized it immediately—it was a translation of Ellen White’s Education, with an introduction written by the Serbian minister of education. Eighty percent of the new book came directly from Ellen White’s pen! Was it plagiarism? Who knows the good man’s motivation? If Charles Caleb Colton is correct in his dictum (“Imitation is the sincerest [form] of flattery”), then Adventists should indeed feel flattered!

Those are all non-SDAs looking "at the text" --

In 1960 Paul Harvey, American Broadcasting Company news commentator and United Features syndicated columnist, wrote a 16-paragraph article featuring Ellen White. It began:
    “Once upon a time, a hundred years ago, there lived a young lady named Ellen White. She was frail as a child, completed only grammar school [actually, she never really finished the third grade], and had no technical training, and yet she lived to write scores of articles and many books on the subject of ‘healthful living.’ “Remember, this was in the days when doctors were still bloodletting and performing surgery with unwashed hands. This was in an era of medical ignorance bordering on barbarism. Yet Ellen White wrote with such profound understanding of the subject of nutrition that all but two of the many principles she espoused have been scientifically established.” Harvey then pointed out how she was correct about the preference for olive oil over animal fat in the diet. We recognize now her wisdom in scoring refined white flour as lacking in nutritive value. Her warnings concerning the dangers of overuse of salt and irregularity in eating have proved correct.
    In 1960 there were two unverified statements from her pen: the use of multigrains instead of merely whole wheat in breadmaking, and vegetarianism.

Nine years later columnist Harvey did an update on Mrs. White for his newspaper readers across America. After citing the low incidence of strokes, respiratory diseases, and cancer among Adventists, he continued: “It has tended to reaffirm the faith of the faithful to discover that the most advanced scientific findings support what was written and taught by this amazing little lady, Ellen White, more than a century ago. If future scientific findings continue to support hers, let’s see what tomorrow’s doctors will be prescribing: “Ellen White advised against overeating. Also against crash dieting. (‘Do not go to extremes.’) Minimal sweets. (She said that sugar is not good for the stomach.) “She recommended grains, vegetables, fruits—especially apples. (‘Apples are superior to any fruit.’) “She recommended against meat. Coffee, and tea. And, sorry, no hot biscuits. “If some of her recommendations sound extreme, imagine how they must have sounded in 1863. Yet modern science continues more and more to say, ‘She was right’!

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Moses did not show up in Egypt with the promise that if they would leave with him in the Exodus -- all the adults would have the opportunity to die in the desert after 40 years of wandering.. Moses was not a false prophet.

Jonah did not arrive in Nineveh with the prediction that in 40 days... nothing would happen. Jonah was not a false prophet.

Jeremiah makes clear the principle of conditional prophecy.

14. One Baptism

Here is the context, read carefully please [as it seems to be the primary failure around here]:

"... Heaven will be cheap enough, if we obtain it through suffering. We must deny self all along the way, die to self daily, let Jesus alone appear, and keep His glory continually in view. I saw that those who of late have embraced the truth would have to know what it is to suffer for Christ's sake, that they would have trials to pass through that would be keen and cutting, in order that they may be purified and fitted through suffering to receive the seal of the living God, pass through the time of trouble, see the King in His beauty, and dwell in the presence of God and of pure, holy angels.

As I saw what we must be in order to inherit glory, and then saw how much Jesus had suffered to obtain for us so rich an inheritance, I prayed that we might be baptized into Christ's sufferings, that we might not shrink at trials, but bear them with patience and joy, knowing what Jesus had suffered that we through His poverty and sufferings might be made rich. Said the angel, “Deny self; ye must step fast.” Some of us have had time to get the truth and to advance step by step, and every step we have taken has given us strength to take the next. But now time is almost finished, and what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months. They will also have much to unlearn and much to learn again. Those who would not receive the mark of the beast and his image when the decree goes forth, must have decision now to say, Nay, we will not regard the institution of the beast. ..." - Early Writings, page 67 - Early Writings, Page 67 -- Ellen G. White Writings

Notice that word "they" and the connection to the specific events of the seal of God, mark of the beast, the time of trouble, persecutions, trials, etc.

We who are now alive, and have of "late" embraced this truth, are that "they", and thus this is still in fulfillment.

She, back then, was part of that "we" who have been years learning.

When Paul said, "we" in 1 Thessalonians 4:15 KJB, who did he mean:

1 Thessalonains 4:15 KJB - For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    as an P.S., in the 1880's a National Sunday was already in the works [Senator Henry W. Blair, Sunday Law bill - The Blair Sunday-Rest Bill ], and people were already being arrested, see the last 4 chapters and Appendices of The Two Republics by A.T. Jones - https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/the_two_republics.pdf

#54 One Baptism, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!!!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark of the Beast would be when Christians refuse the Sabbath, and keep worshiping on Sunday, correct? As per Ellen White?

17. One Baptism

If you answer my questions, you will have answered your own question:

According to scripture, in Bible prophecy, what does a "beast" symbol represent? Please list at least 5 examples.​

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is easy to do when someone spends so much time "quoting themselves"

19. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would take that to mean that"yes, EW taught that the mark was those who refused sabbath worship"