1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Burning Bush

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. thisnumbersdisconnected

First, now that I've seen it, I fully expect to see it show up on the video screens of our church as an introduction or illustration of our pastor's message. It fits well with his current sermon series.

Yes, this is an apt analogy of our efforts to hear from God. We read books of all sorts purporting to tell us what we are doing wrong to meet with God and hear His voice. We listen to audio tapes, we study methodologies, we even concoct all sorts of theories and concepts about how to hear from God -- and then we continue to wonder why we don't hear from Him.

What can we do to put ourselves in a position to hear God’s voice? We have to make time in our daily lives to get quiet. David said of the Lord in Psalm 23:2, “He leads me beside quiet waters.”

Those quiet waters are still there for us to find, a place we can get alone with the Lord. It may be a room in our homes, outside under the trees, or some other place where weu can shut out the noise and distractions of the world for just a few precious minutes. The key to renewing our minds, bodies and spirits is to develop the habit and discipline of meditating on the Word of God every day — even if it is for just a moment.

Yeah, it really is that simple. And we don't have to buy $50 bushes and violate a half-dozen fire codes in the process. :laugh: :thumbsup:

3. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm thinking putting out the wool fleece would be safer. :smilewinkgrin:

I do think the video is relevant. Look at all of the "how to" guides marketed to Christians. God has revealed His will to us and for us in Scripture and guides us by the Holy Spirit. If we live within the circumference of God's Word and His promises, it would be difficult (IMHO) not to know the will of God in our lives. This is something that I struggled with in my past. I came to realize that what I needed to do was be faithful within the situation that God put me rather than look for what I should be doing.