1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Calvinist hated the Ana-Baptists

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rockytopva, Aug 28, 2021.

1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did those churches get their letters? I am sure they did.

You are taking a theory that is only a hundred years old and you are forcing John to fit your theory. That is a wrong approach.

Read the letter to the churches and understand what Jesus is saying to those specific churches. John does not ever suggest an ages of the church theory in his wtiting to these churches. Why then do you do something John did not do?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apparently Jerry Falwell Jr didn't read any of those letters as we have him posing here with someone he calls a "young friend."

The title to this article read, "Powerful GOP Congressman calls on Jerry Falwell Jr to resign over “appalling” & “ongoing” scandals." Which are issues in this the Laodicean church age.

[​IMG]

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My gosh if John Calvin would have beheld Jerry Falwell Jr it would have been yet another burnt at the stake. The old Sardisean would not have put up with it!

4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your change of the topic has no value in regard to Jesus Revelation to John.
    rocky, we have to deal with our own disobedience, not keep pointing at others. Stop pointing at Laodicea, start looking at our own sin. The seven churches show us our sin and show us the righteousness of our King.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every Reformer, the Roman Catholic Church and most Anabaptists would have thrown Falwell Jr out of fellowship...except the prophets if Zwickau who may have promoted him.
    rocky, you spend much time speculating. Be careful.

1 Timothy 1:3-7
    As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine, nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith. The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

Please stop devoting yourself to myths and endless speculation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    History bares out the fact. The Thyatirean and Sardisean punishment would have been the most severe. There are spiritual difference that befell the church in time…

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. - 1 Corinthians 2:13

But what can we say to those who cannot see these things?

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:14

7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be honest. Your forcing history into your theory into history causes a circular feed in your theory. In other words, you are stuck in an endless loop of a history of your own making, not of factual history in the timeline of history. You see what you want to see, not what is really there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here we have the accuser doing the very things that he accuses of of the accused. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black LOL
    MB

9. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John Bunyan would spend 12 years in imprisoned by the Anglicans. In those times the established denominations were very unkind to what Martin Luther would refer to as "stubborn sectaries" whom he felt, along with others, "must be put to death."

[​IMG]

10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rocky don't let the turkey discourage you. If you have tried to get a flock of turkeys to go back in there pen you'll know what I mean. LOL

11. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christs messages to the churches are to a changing people...

Ephesus - Need to remember the first love
    Smyrna - Persecution - Foxes book of martyrs has the persecutions as ten
    Pergamos - Pergos is a tower, needed in the dark ages
    Thyatira - A descent into the dark ages
    Sardis - Sardis is a gem
    Philadelphia - Brotherly love
    Laodicea - Tackling the issues of materialism

I do believe that the Philadelphia congregation in some cases includes the AnaBaptist. As long as there is a spirit of love and not a mean and controlling spirit such as we had in history I would consider such a congregation Philadelphian.

It is an amazing thing for me to see "Life with Passion with Father Cedric" on the TBN channel. I rate him an excellent Christian and speaker and wish him well. It is an incredible thing for me to see him on a channel such as TBN. Another amazing thing is that he, a Catholic, behaves himself as Philadelphian.

Live with Passion with Father Cedric | Trinity Broadcasting Network

And Father Cedric doing the work of an evangelist...

Religion briefs: Saint Joseph presents ‘Live With Passion’ led by Father Cedric Pisegna

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.- John 10:16

The neat thing about Father Cedric and his "Life with Passion with Father Cedric" program is that he fits in with all the rest on TBN. It would be a neat thing if they were to air a Messianic and a Orthodox ministry as well. It would be a neat thing if all the congregations of Christianity, which I estimate as seven general congregations, would accept one another as different Christians from different folds. And even to the point where one could take communion with others as well.