1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Carpenter's Chapel (7)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DHK, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watchman

Watchman New Member

She was indeed amazing. The only gentile in the Lord's (human) anscestry.
    Thanks Roger.

2. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Friday November 18, 2005

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and everyone
    members one of another" (Romans 12:4-5).
    All too frequently in today's Christian circles, we place certain individuals and certain gifts on a pedestal, and all too often the resulting pride is devastating. Pride may be the favorite tool of Satan.
    Pride was the reason Satan rebelled and lost his exalted position (Isaiah 14:13-14). He appealed to Eve's pride in the garden (Genesis 3:6), similarly tempted Christ in the wilderness (Luke 4:6), and uses it on us today.
    Be warned! "God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble"(James 4:6): "Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall"
    (1Corinthians 10:12).
    Paul, through the Holy Spirit, chose to introduce his teaching on the use of spiritual gifts and unity of the entire body with a warning against pride, admonishing "every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to man the measure of faith" (Romans 12:3).
    His discussion on the many-membered body, which follows, leaves no room for pride. Nor does the parallel passage in 1Corinthians 12:12-31.
    The apostle points out that each Christian forms an equally essential part of the whole. Since we are all equal in God's eyes, and all mutually dependent upon one another, what room is there for pride?
    Likewise, Paul points out that each Christian possesses an equally vital connection with Christ. Who are we to tell Christ a part of His body is less valuable than the rest? He is concerned for each one equally. "For who maketh thee to differ from one another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou
    glory?" (1Corinthians 4:7).

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Monday, 21st November, 2005

Under whose wings thou art come to trust

“The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.” - Ruth 2v12

Ruth was amazed when Boas ordered his workers to leave extra grain in the field for her to glean. Boaz, who was much older than Ruth initially saw her as a daughter like figure and took pity her on her. Ruth’s spirit and her compassion for Naomi was well know for even Boaz knew about it. He wanted to reward her for what she had done in leaving her homeland to care for her mother in law. God was truly sovereign in this entire matter and He was in control.

Boaz was a man of God. He could have taken all the credit for what he had done for Ruth. Instead he passed the credit on to God. He did not say, “I will reward you for what you have done, but “The Lord will repay you for what you have done and HE will reward you fully.” Earlier in chapter one Ruth had put herself under God’s protection, and here Boaz refers to her faith as putting herself under God’s wings.

This is a wonderful picture of God’s protection. As a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings to shelter us from the storm, God gathers His children under His wings. Ruth found refuge there and God used Boaz to help provide that protection, Boaz saw himself the way we all should, merely as God’s tools for His work.

4. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Tuesday November 22,2005

"But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement" (Matthew 12:36).
    "Let your speech be alway with grace," the Scripture says (Colossians 4:6). "seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man," and "study to be quiet, and to do your own business" (1Thessalonians 4:11).
    There is such a thing as the sin of talkativeness, and many Christians
    are beset by it. Note some of the pertinent Scriptures: "He that hath knowledge spareth his word... even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding (Proverbs 17:27-28). "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let
    not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon the earth: therefore let thy words be few"
    (Ecclesiastes 5:2).
    "Wherefore my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (James 1:19). "But let your communication be ,
    Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil" (Matthew 5:37).
    "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips are wise" (Proverbs 10:10). "Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks" (Ephesians 5:4).
    There are many other such warnings, of course, but the one in our text is perhaps the most sobering of all. Evidently God has a sort of "tape recording" of all our conversations, and we shall be required some day to explain all of those words which were not gracious and edifying. We would do well before the record of our idle and pointlesss conversations (not even to mention any that are hurtful and profane) mounts any higher to forsake the sin of talking too much, and to cultivate prayerfully the
    grace of quietness.
    There is one more thing to say here: there are today other means of speaking than orally. What I am getting at, I do not think that the Lord
    Jesus, at the Judgement Seat of Christ, will excuse a person who would not think of insulting a brother or sister in person, but seems to
    delight in "flaming" the brethren on this, and other internet boards.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wednesday, 23rd November, 2005

The birth of Samuel

“Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the LORD.” 1 Samuel – 1v20

Hannah was desperate for a son. Her husband’s other wife taunted her because of her childlessness. She did the only thing she could do; she took her dilemma to the Lord in prayer.

Neither her husband nor the priest understood her at first. Undaunted she kept praying. Finally Eli, the priest, told her that God would answer her prayer. The Bible says that when that happened she arose and went off, and her face was no longer sad. The next morning she and her husband went off to worship the Lord. Eli’s words were enough for her; she acted in faith that her prayer was already answered.

When the child was born, she named him Samuel. His name meant “heard of the Lord.” Hannah gave God full acknowledgement for answering her prayer and never wanted to forgive.

How often do we take answered prayer for granted? Do we remember the various “samuels” in our lives? God hears and answers are prayer. It is important that we remember those times and give Him all the glory.

6. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Thanksgiving, 2005

“Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of His, and give thanks unto the remembrance of His holiness” (Psalm 30:4)

When we do remember God’s holiness and then remember how the mighty seraphim in the heavenly temple are continually crying out “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts” (Isaiah 6:3), and then further remember the prophet’s prayer acknowledging to God that, “Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity” (Habakkuk 1:13), and then still further remember that, as Paul said: “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing” (Romans 7:18), we can only marvel at the infinite mercy and grace of God. He has not only forgiven our sins, saved our souls, and promised us eternal life, but “daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation” (Psalm 68:19). What can we do but perpetually “sing unto the Lord…and give thanks” as David exhorts us in our text today.
    But how can this be? A God Who is too pure and holy than to even “look on iniquity,” yet promises unworthy creatures such as us that “goodness and mercy shall follow (us) all the days of (our lives): and (we) will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever (23:6). How can that be?
    This could not be, of course, were it no for the incredible love of God in Christ, who “hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God” (1Peter 3:18). “…the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and in His stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5). “…while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8)
    Therefore: “…be ye thankful…singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. (Colossians 3: 15-17)

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Friday, 25th November, 2005

My mouth has smiled over my enemies

“And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation”. - 1 Samuel 2v1

Hannah’s prayer after she sent Samuel to the temple is much different than her prayer of anguish and desperation at the beginning of the story. Hannah’s song of praise is a beautiful picture of how we should worship and honour the Lord.

With a heart full of joy she proclaimed, among other things, “I have smiled over my enemies” (NKJV). The literal rendering is “my mouth is enlarged” which can picture several things. It may picture a wide mouth speaking to the enemies. It may mean picture a wide-open mouth pouring our praise. I prefer the NKJV rendering which is also accurate “I will smile wide at my enemies.”

What a joy to realise that we can smile in the face of opposition. Our enemies have no power over us because. No matter what happens we can rejoice in God’s salvation.

Today we may face many enemies and great opposition. These enemies have no power over us. We can smile in the face of our enemies. We can open our mouths wide and pour forth praise to our God because of our salvation.

There is no room for us ever to be “down in the mouth” as believers. No matter what we face we may always rejoice in God’s precious salvation!

8. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Monday November 28, 2005

"For He saith, I have heard thee in the time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time;
    behold, now is the day of salvation" (2Corinthians 6:2)
    There are many wonderful things that we as Christians are looking forward to in the ages to come, when the earth and our bodies are made
    new and the entire beautiful creation of God is open to us for all eternity. But there are also many wonderful priveleges that belong to us
    right now as well.
    First of all, our eternal salvation is here and now, for this is the time acceptable to God in which to receive His great salvation through
    faith in Christ. No one will ever be saved in the ages of eternity, for all who enjoy His salvation then will have received it now.
    Those who have salvation now also have been set free from condemnation (or "judgement") now. "There is therefore now no condemnation to
    them that are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). "Much more than, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him" (Romans 5:9). "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight" (Colossians 1:21-22).
    Not only do we now have the assurance of eternal salvation, but we also have all necessary provisions for a happy, fruitful, victorious life in this present age. "The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God" (Galatians 2:20).
    Now, because all these doctrines are present realities, we have full confidence that all God's yet-to-be-realized promises are also true.
    "Beloved, now we are the sons of God...but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is" (1John 3:2)

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Tuesday, 29th November, 2005

God will keep the feet of His saints

“He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail”. – 1 Samuel 2v9

Our Christian life is often referred to as a walk. We are told several times in the New Testament about how we are supposed to walk. Many times that walk can be confusing. Sometimes it seems that we are walking in the very edge of a precipice where it seems like we might slip and fall at any minute. The way can be dark and hazardous and the way may seem like we are always on the verge of stumbling.

Here we find a great promise in the middle of Hannah’s prayer of praise. We are reminded that God will “keep the feet of His saints.” There is a lot involved in this statement. God gives us the perfect guide for our feet through His word, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path, “ we are reminded in the book of Psalms. Through His word of feet a clearly kept and we need not walk in darkness fearing those things at which we might stumble.

Habakkuk gives a few wonderful words to remind us how God will keep our steps, (Habakkuk 3v19) “The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places…” The mountain goats Habakkuk have an innate ability to walk among the most dangerous paths without fear of stumbling. This is the kind of protection that God promises for His saints when we walk by faith in Him instead of by sight.

10. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Wednesday November 30, 2005

"Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain" (Psalm 76:10).
    One of the most amazing anomalies in human life is the oft-repeated testimony to God's grace and power unwittingly rendered by men who would
    dethrone Him if they could. Biblical examples are numerous.
    Joseph's brothers hated him and sold him into slavery, but "God meant it for good...to save much people alive" (Genesis 50:20). Haman tried to destroy the Jews in the days of Queen Esther; but instead their leader, Mordecai, was elevated to prime minister, and Haman was hanged upon his
    own gallows. Daniel's enemies maneuvered him into the lions den, but these enemies themselves were later devoured by the animals, and King
    Darius decreed "That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for He is the living God, and steadfast
    forever" (Daniel 6:26).
    In the awful hour of Satan and the powers of darkness, Jesus died on the cross, but "having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it" (Collossians 2:15). Why did the heathen rage?...The rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against His Christ." Their plans turned to frustration and rage because
    all they could do was "whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done" (Acts 4:25-26, 28).
    Let men be ever so bitter against God and hateful to His people. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church, and the more His enemies rage, the more will God be glorified. The wrath of man can never prevail against the Lord. It will either be restrained in due season or it will be turned into praise, for "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thursday, 1st December, 2005

Samuel grew before the Lord

“And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bore three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD.” – I Samuel 2v21

What a contrast God draws between the wicked sons of Eli and the child Samuel. After describing the sinful men God says, “But the child Samuel ministered before the Lord, being a child.” While grown men lived evil, wicked lives Samuel as a child was ministering before the Lord.

Then we read, “the child grew before the Lord.” This reminds us of Jesus where it says “he grew in wisdom, and stature, and is favour with God and man.” At least twice in the word of God we see the importance placed on a child growing up.

In Samuel’s case the key element of his growth as a child seem to be service. He grew up serving God. His entire childhood was serving while the adults did wrong. Often child can set examples for adults, as Paul pointed out when he wrote, “let no man despise thy youth, but be thou and example of the believers.”

Those of us who are parents need to be sure that we provide opportunities for service to our children as they grow.

12. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Friday December 2, 2005

"Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain" (Psalm 76:10).
    One of the most amazing anomalies in human life is the oft-repeated testimony to God's grace and power unwittingly rendered by men who would
    dethrone Him if they could. Biblical examples are numerous.
    Joseph's brothers hated him and sold him into slavery, but "God meant it for good...to save much people alive" (Genesis 50:20). Haman tried to
    destroy the Jews in the days of Queen Esther; but instead their leader, Mordecai, was elevated to prime minister, and Haman was hanged upon his
    own gallows. Daniel's enemies maneuvered him intothe lions den, but these enemies themselves were later devoured by the animals, and King
    Darius decreed "That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for He is the living God, and steadfast
    forever" (Daniel 6:26).
    In the awful hour of Satan and the powers of darkness, Jesus died on the cross, but "having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it" (Collossians 2:15). We did theheathen rage?...The rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against His Christ." Their plans turned to frustration and rage because all they could do was "whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done" (Acts 4:25-26, 28).
    Let men be ever so bitter against God and hateful to His people. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church, and the more His enemies
    rage, the more will God be glorified. The wrath of man can never prevail against the Lord. It will either be restrained in due season or it will
    be turned into praise, for "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His
    purpose" (Romans 8:28).

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Monday, 5th December, 2005

Them that honour me I will honour

“Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me forever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honor me I will honor, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”1 Samuel 2v30

How tragic it is when God’s people put pleasing their children above pleasing God. Eli’s sin was to honour his boys more than he honoured God. As a result God took away the priestly live from Eli and passed in on to another.

By pampering and excusing his son’s Eli neglected the word of God and dishonoured Him. God will never honour those who choose to dishonour Him. When people dishonour God they bring a dishonouring on themselves.

We see this obviously when we look at the lost, but the same principle with believers. God will not honour His children who are not honouring Him. Instead He will lovingly chasten them. If we expect God to bless us in any way, we must make it our priority to honour Him instead of seeking our own honour or honouring our children above the Lord.

14. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Tuesday December 6, 2005

"Most men will proclaim everyone his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?" (Proverbs 20:6)

Fauthfulness is like a rare and precious gem. It is difficult to find a real such gem, though there are many who will offer their virtues as a
    substitute.
    Moses, however was one such man. "And Moses verily was faithful in all his house" (Hebrews 3:5). So was Abraham. "So then they which be of
    faith are blessed with faithful Abraham" (Galatians 3:9). Moses and Abraham were full of faith in God's Word, therefore they were faithful
    to God's Word. The very word "faithful" means "full of faith."
    God is not impressed with those who boast of themselves and their qualifications or who belittle others. "It is not good to eat much
    honey: so for men to search their own gloryis not glory" (Proverb
    25:27). Actions speak louder than words, and it is better to let one'sworks speak for themselves. "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew you my
    faith by my works (James 2:18). The rare quality of faithfulness-firm and reliable commitment to one's convictions and responsibilities, in
    accordance with God's Word and God's leading-is proved in practice rather than proclamation. May God help us to be faithful servants, for
    "it is required in stewards that a man be found faithful" (1Corinthians 4:2). It is quality, not quantity, of service that God measures.
    There is one glorious promise regarding faithfulness-not our faithfulness, but the faithfulness of our Savior. "If we believe not,
    yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself" (2Timothy 2:13). "For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith
    (literally 'faithfulness') of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be (found) true, but every man a liar" (Romans 3:3-4).

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wednesday, 7th December, 2005

It is the Lord, let Him do what seems good

“And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good.”1 Samuel 3v18

Samuel was called upon to tell Eli the bad news that his sons were going to die and the priesthood was going to be taken from his family. The reason given back a few verses is that Eli did not restrain his sons. We could glean a lot about child rearing from that statement alone.

Yet let us look at Eli’s attitude. The bad news had come. To Eli’s credit he did not question God or His Word. He did not try to make excuses. When the word came down that God was going to act Eli knew he could do nothing about, “He is God, let Him do what seems good to him.”

Most of us could use a good dose of the attitude. We seem to want what seems good to us, not what seems good to God. We tend to judge our situation by what we like or don’t like, or by what we perceive is good.

Our God is always good and always does what is best, Indeed, He is God, let Him do what seems good to Him!

16. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Thursday Dec. 8, 2004

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold
    that perisheth, though it be tried with fire" (1Peter 1:7).
    Why does God oftentimes allow those who name the name of Christ to go
    through great trial and adversity; insomuch that the temptation arises
    to doubt the very presence of God?
    Job was tested in such a way. He said, "Even today is my complaint
    bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning. Oh that I knew where I
    might find Him!...Behold, I go forward, but He is not there; and
    backward, but I cannot perceive Him: On the left hand, where He doth
    work, but I cannot behold Him: He hideth Himself on the right hand, that
    I cannot see Him" (Job 23:2-3; 8-9).
    Yet in spite of all the calamitous events in Job's life, his faith stood
    firm, causing him to proclaim, "But He knoweth the way that I take: when
    He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10). God allowed
    the fiery trials to refine and purify him.
    Peter emphasized the same truth to the suffering Christians of the first
    century. He explained that the testing of their faith ws to be
    considered more precious than gold that is put into the fire to be
    purified.
    There is an eternal result for Christians being put into the furnace of
    affliction; which is, they will "be found unto praise and honor and
    glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (1Peter 1:7).
    Thus when the fiery trials come, strong faith and patience are needed.
    "Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience
    of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is pitiful, and
    of tender mercy" (James5:11)

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Friday, 9th December, 2005

Who can stand before the Lord?

“And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before this holy LORD God? and to whom shall he go up from us?”1 Samuel 6v20

God was judging the Philistines because they had the Ark. They shifted from place to place with the same horrendous results. God’s judgement was poured out on whoever had the Ark.

Finally the men of Beth-shamesh asked a question that befits further study – “Who is able to stand before this holy Lord God?”

The answer of course is obvious to all – no man can stand before the holy Lord on his own. God is so holy and perfect that all must, like Isaiah, fall before His feet in awe and reverence. We have no right at all to stand before God and demand anything from Him.

Everything we have is a blessing from God. Our only hope to approach Him is because He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be the Captain and Pioneer of our salvation. It is only because of Christ that we are able to boldly enter into God’s throne room in prayer.

Praise the Lord that no man is able to stand before the Lord, He sent His Son to be my escort into His presence!

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Monday, 12th December, 2005

Ebenezer

“Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.” – 1 Samuel 7v12

Once the people had admitted and repented of their sins, Samuel became the leader of the land as their judge. The people gathered together to fast, and when the Philistines heard about them all being together they decided to attack. Samuel asked God for help and God delivered them.

When they saw that they had the victory Samuel set up a stone and called the place “Ebenezer.” The word means “stone of help” and referred to the fact that God had been their help in a time of conflict.

Samuel set a stone in place to remind the people of God’s great work. Whenever people saw that stone they could be reminded of what God had done for them. There is wisdom in us setting up a reminder when God does things for us. It is far to easy to see God work, rejoice for a moment, then forget. I think we would be wise to set up some type of “Ebenezer” when God does a work for us. Perhaps it would be a journal or prayer list where we can look back and be reminded of God’s great work.

Are there Ebenezers in your life that you can look back on when things get tough? The old hymn goes – “Here I raise my Ebenezer; Here by Thy great help I’ve come;” We are where we are today by the grace of God. Let us strive to remember that God is our stone of help and look to Him in times of need.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wednesday, 14th December, 2005

Everybody else is doing it!

“Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.”1 Samuel 8v19-20

Do you remember telling your parents, or hearing from your children, “Everyone else gets to do it?” Man seems to always have a knack of comparing himself to others and being jealous of what they don’t have.

The people of Israel had the same problem. As they looked around they saw that all the other nations had kings. They felt “left out” because they were not content with the ruler God gave them. Even after Samuel told them all of the evil that would come upon them, they still demanded a king, so that they could be like everyone else.

I find myself in the same trap at times. When I get my focus off of the Lord and onto the world I can be tempted to want what others have. For some Christians this gets so strong that they are willing to sacrifice doing right and following the Lord just to be like the world.

The root problem is one that comes up over and over again – it is a lack of contentment. There is “great gain” in godliness with contentment. May we forget about what everybody else has and get on serving God with what He gives us.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thursday, 15th December, 2005

Turned in to another man

“And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.”1 Samuel 10v6

Saul knew that he was incapable of serving the Lord. Samuel told him that the day would come when the spirit of God would come upon him and make him into “another man.” Later in verse 9 we read that the Holy Spirit gave him a “new heart.”

From every indication here Saul was a saved man. Though he will not always walk with the Lord, at this time three things happened:

· The Holy Spirit came upon him
    · He was turned into another man
    · He received a new heart

All three of these things should mark every believer. When we get saved the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in and with us. If any man be in Christ he is a new creature. Our hearts are changed to conform us to the image of Christ.

Saul did not always do so, but does my life daily reflect the fact that I have been turned into another man? Is my life so different so I appear to all that I am a whole different man that I was before I was saved.

Lord, remind me daily to live in such a way that I reflect the indwelling Holy Spirit, that fact that I am another man, and show the world that I have a new heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.