1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Catholic Church Is Not Entirely False And Does Worship The Biblical And Historical Jesus As God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The book writing is back!

The "gospel of christ" and the "written torah" do not contrast. It is all one story that fits together perfectly. Obedience is always required and Yeshua restores us back to what was lost - a return to the Father and His ways.

It is the church that likes to divorce old and new (when "old testament" is a created term). They fail to understand the whole story as you demonstrate in your post.

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said, Jason, don't be lazy.

You do not bother to address the Scripture and points presented to you because all you have is a recitation of the teachings of your cult, which demands overlooking what the Bible has to say in reality.

You are no different than a Muslim, Mormon, or JW...who also sprinkle their false gospels with the Word of God.

I agree, God's Word stands in perfect Harmony in regards to the Plan of Redemtion from Day One.

What conflicts is the false gospel you preach (though "parrot" is a more apt term) and the Word of God.

Perhaps it elevates your ego to go around using words like "Torah, Yeshua, YHVH," etc., but, it does not change the fact you are seeking to lead people away from Christ and into a religious cult that cannot save, because it denies the very Covenant God promised, starting with Genesis 3:15.

Secondly, you keep going on about a "return to the Father," when in fact Jesus Christ is the Father, because He is One with the Father.

The "return" that is effected is a return to relationship with God, and this is through Christ and His Sacrifice, which is the Blood that established the New Covenant.

And you would have us return to the physical, temporal Covenant established with the blood of bulls and calves?

Agreed. It is a shame you do not know The Story.

And that is accomplished through faith in Christ which is the result of God Himself ministering to the hearts of men.

Obedience to the Law has nothing to do with it. That is a result of salvation, not...

...the means.

"Old Testament" is not a created term, Jason, it is a conclusive term derived from the New Testament."

Matthew 26:28
    King James Version (KJV)

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:24
    King James Version (KJV)

24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

1 Corinthians 11:25
    King James Version (KJV)

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Don't be lazy. Look at the link.

"Testament" is the same word translated "Covenant."

In view is the New Covenant, and that which is New makes that which came before...Old.

Laziness. Sloth. Slander. False witness. Infantile understanding. Failure to go on unto that which is perfect/complete.

You realize the Father has commanded against all of these things, right? On the authority of the Word of God I can say, without judging, that you are guilty of these things.

It's just an observation.

So while you preach the false gospel of a cult, that seeks to convince men not to sin against the Father...you do so in continual practice, and are unaware of what you are even doing.

God bless.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, I am going to make this easy for you, and simply give you the one passage you have erroneously applied to Christians "sinning willfully:"

Just show how my understanding is wrong.

Deal with the passage, and show how your understanding of it is right.

Don't be lazy.

God bless.

4. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your best post yet, by far.

;)

God bless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Yeshua God Almighty in your understanding?

7. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason, I used to be a part of a "works-based" evangelical community whose view of salvation was "Trusting in Christ, plus baptism, plus continued obedience". Eventually I left this church after hearing a gospel message that presented the doctrine of Grace.."God's mercy towards me through Christ, in spite of my sin"...you see, I cannot earn grace, once I understood this truth it was like a huge burden had been lifted from me and I actually possessed more of a desire to serve God than when I was insecure in my standing with God. Darrell has demonstrated patience and lovingkindness in explaining the Hebrews passages to you on this thread, in fact I have never heard a better explanation of these passages than Darrell's. Please take it to heart and realize that when Jesus said "it is finished" He meant the fulfillment of prophecy of Him as the Lamb of God, the final sacrifice... the veil in the temple was torn, representing Christ and Christ alone as the mediator - and Jason, it doesn't matter how many words it takes to explain this...I will write a 15 page essay if necessary...there is no limit to the words used to convey eternal truths of our Holy God.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church of Rome does indeed have a broadly correct doctrine of the Trinity. However, when the Priest elevates the host and proclaims the wafer to be the very Lord Jesus Christ, it is idolatry.

I am also aware that Roman Catholics claim that they do not worship the Virgin Mary, but the fact is that they do, and again this is idolatry, as are pictures and statues in their churches.

God, not we, will decide who is saved and who isn't, However, we are commanded to flee from idolatry, so while we should love Roman Catholics, part of that love is to warn them of their church's errors, and Christian churches can have no cooperation with the Church of Rome.

#28 Martin Marprelate, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with all that you posted here, as the RCC officialy went the road of Apostasy when she repudiated the reformation in the Council of tren!

10. PrmtvBptst1832

PrmtvBptst1832 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could go on and on about the flagrant and extreme errors of the Roman Catholic Church. It all boils down, though, to the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel according to the Roman Catholic Church is another, perverted gospel. That being the case, it is rather pointless to examine it any further as the gospel of Jesus Christ is essential. If one does not have that right, nothing else really matters. What a Roman Catholic says or does or has right or wrong after he or she rejects the gospel is of little significance in the overall scheme of things. It matters very little to me the creed to which one gives lip service. Do you honestly think God is pleased with the moving of my lips and the sound of my voice reciting the Nicene Creed while denying the gospel of the grace of God?

#30 PrmtvBptst1832, Apr 25, 2017
  11. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You're right, its only YHVH that saves by giving life to those He chooses. Who does He choose? He chooses those that choose Him and will obey Him. If you choose Him and don't obey Him, you really didn't choose Him after all and serve something else.

Jas 2:17 So also belief, if it does not have works, is in itself dead.
    Jas 2:18 But someone might say, “You have belief, and I have works.” Show me your belief without your works, and I shall show you my belief by my works.
    Jas 2:19 You believe that Elohim is one. You do well. The demons also believe – and shudder!
    Jas 2:20 But do you wish to know, O foolish man, that the belief without the works is dead?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Jesus himself Yahweh, yes or no?
    And the bible states that we love God due to Him First loving us, and that all those quotes do NOT state that we must obey to be saved , but that a sign of really being saved is to obey the Lord, but we all will still sin still, and when we do, thank God we have the advocate with the father, Jesus!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct me if I am misunderstanding your position...are you suggesting that salvation is not by grace through faith alone?

14. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is faith? Is it a simple believing (see how those demons also believe in those James verse)? I would agree with your statement if you agree with my definition of faith:

Trusting in the promises of Elohim and obeying His Word as proof that we do

Also, you are quoting from ephisians on your salvation formula. If you read 2 more verses:

Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Messiah Yeshua unto good works, which Elohim prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. ​

These good works that were already prepared is torah. The preceding verse talks about works of man (oral law) which Paul clarifies further down in verse 15.

One final question: Is repentance required to be saved? What is repentance?

15. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Like Mormons and other false religions, Catholics often use similar words, but apply very different meanings to them.

For instance, in Christianity, grace is the means by which we are saved. In Catholicism, grace is the means by which God provides us with the opportunity to be saved, assuming we adhere to Catholic salvific rituals and don't sin to the point that we lose our salvation, which, in Catholicism, one is constantly in danger of doing.

The Catholic Church with its false gospel places so many burdens on the backs of Catholics.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are many intra-biblical cults who teach truths from the Scripture. The Roman church gets many things correct. Where it falls drastically short is in its teaching regarding transubstantiation and grace being administered via the sacraments.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The fact is that the Catholic Church has always worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God

18. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith = trust...in the salvific sense, we mean "trusting in Christ's work on the cross" to forgive our sins

Repentance = "change one's mind"...we know this is the case because Peter instructed the Jews at Pentecost to "Repent"...(Acts 2:38) clearly, it meant to have a "change of mind" and nothing else because they were already practicing the Law (works of the Law)

Throughout the gospels the message was to "repent, for the kingdom of God is near" Christ is not interested in works, He is interested in your mind, though.

The other point I want to make relates to the difference between merely being "saved" and being a "disciple". Practically all of the New Testament is written with the intention that those who do actually repent (transferring their trust in self into trust in Christ) will become disciples, but this doesn't always happen. And some respondents to the gospel never develop and mature as believers. They can hardly be called disciples, and in many cases should not be called disciples. ( not that it really matters what we call them anyways)

The parable of the Minas (Luke 19:11-26) is a perfect example that God's kingdom does not require obedience (works) as a prerequisite for entrance. This parable contains 3 main elements (1 master, 10 slaves, enemies) This demonstrates that even the unfaithful servants are still part of the kingdom, but they will be given little responsibility in the heavenly kingdom) This relates to the concept of "rewards" in heaven, which Scripture teaches. Clearly, there will be some who receive little reward, yet they are still "saved" from eternal punishment

#38 notadoctor, Apr 25, 2017
  19. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If there is a parable of Minas why isn't there a parable of Plus? That is a joke. Get it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that "equates"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.