1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Corporate View of Election

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When God choose His Redeemer, His Lamb, before the foundation of the world, He also chose corporately those who would be redeemed. Hence, everyone was corporately elected before the foundation of the world. So the issue is, were we also chosen individually before the foundation of the world. Calvinists say yes, and nullify 2 Thessalonians 2:13 which says we are chosen for salvation through faith in the truth from the beginning or after creation.

Some Arminians believe in corporate election by God but avoid discussing how we become "incorporated into Christ." I have asked the question my times and each and every Arminian as declined to answer. Not much of a defense!

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sometimes to communicate regular ideas takes words,sentences and questions.
    Any philosophy I use will come from a biblical base...not from secular philosophy, debate rules, tactics. I have explained it before but you are not looking for an answer ...just to attack...I understand:wavey:

I never learned to type correctly,so shoot me.:laugh:

Do not sweat the small stuff, you are now looking as if you are misunderstanding romans 1 as well as Romans 5. Romans is not a good book for you webdog.:thumbsup:

Not only is that a wrong idea about Romans 1[Paul is showing why all are condemned]....the fact that God confounded the languages at the tower of Babel indicates he was not intending to save many at that time.

AMYG
    Correct again....God elects individuals;
    Out of national Israel [an elect remnant]
    Out of the world now [all Jesus intended to save]

3. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you 12 strings :thumbsup:... for your imput...I am hoping to learn a lot on this thread. :wavey:

4. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Such comments are only revealing your lack of understanding, Amy. It would be a much better reflection on you to seek to understand this perspective rather than belittle it out of ignorance. After all, this is the view of Hershel Hobbs, Adrian Rodgers and the authors of the Baptist Faith and Message, the statement of faith adopted by the largest protestant denomination in the world. I think it probably deserves a bit more respect than you seem willing to give it.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

They "COULD" become a proselyte, but this doesnt' mean every gentile even knew that the Jewish God was the true God. Just like to day, some never hear about Christ. Sounds like God has "elected" that they remain in ignorance.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that God ONLY had a Covenant relationship with isreal among ALL nations on earth, and that His corporate election was towards them, but still had to be an individual election, as not ALL isreal was included in TRUE Isreal!

Spiritual jews were those who were saved out by grace of god, while rest were not part of the Covenant!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting how you are so willing to accept at face value that document, yet would not accept the other confessions of the faith thru the years, as those were cal!

regardless of ANY document/confession/creeed, its what the BIBLE teaches, and the taching is that the Lord ALWAYS saved persons on an individual elective basis!

Did jesus die to atone for the sins of people, or for the coporate plan?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rather He "allowed" them to remain in ignorance regardless of the truths they had and exchanged for a lie. If He elected them to remain in ignorance, He is the direct cause of their disobedience to which He commands. A house divided cannot stand.

9. 12strings

12strings Active Member

But the question is why did he not "ALLOW" all men to remain in ignorance...why did he not allow the Israelites also to remain in ignorance? Was it purely in response to their faith?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The very thing your side denies...free agency of the individual.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess it hinges on how one defines "free will", as my bible states that a sinner cannot even seek after the Lord unless God intervenes first to assist him!

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I Didn't even use the term free will. I said free agency, that being two tangible choices exist and the agent is free to choose. Acts 17:26-27 tells us how the "assisting" happens and to whom.