1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Covenant of Works

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, May 10, 2023.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I understand those passages but I refuse to willingly read into them.

The reason is that we are told not to lean on our own understanding but on every word coming from God.

You assume that God made a covenant with Adam that included a positive aspect. But that is an assumption based on a logical fallacy.

You do not know what the future would have held for Adam should he not have eaten of the fruit. But the Covenant of works is essential for Presbyterian Covenant Theology, so you repeatedly and erroneously state it is in Scripture.

What is my opinion regarding the hypothetical situation? I think perhaps Adam could have eaten of the Tree of Life and lived forever. BUT that is not biblical (it is what I think could have happened if history unfolded in a way God did not intend.... hypothetical).

Adam could have just as well refrained from eating of the Tree and cursed God for giving him a nagging wife. I don't know because it did not happen.

Your entire theology is based on philosophy theories, and guesses to hypothetical questions

No thank you. I will stick to Scripture.