1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Crisis Is Spreading: China, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Sweden...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Aug 17, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Earlier today, we posted an excerpt from IceCap Asset Management's latest letter to investors focusing on the farce that is the Greek bailout #3, which can be summarized simply by the following table...

... and Keith Dicker's assessment which was that "for Greece, it’s mathematically impossible to repay its debt" and that the Greek "economy continues to plummet to deeper depths and is now -33% less than where it was in 2008."

But the truth is that for all the endless drama, Dicker continues, "the Greek debt crisis isn’t THE crisis. Rather it is simply a symptom of a much larger global debt crisis."

The problem is that the "larger global debt crisis" is finally metastasizing and spreading to more places, all of which are large enough that they can not be simply swept under the rug, like Greece.

IceCap's Keith Dicker continues:

We’ve written before that governments all around the world have borrowed too much money and the weight of these debts are choking economic growth.

And to make matters worse – these very same governments and their central banks have implemented various plans that have only made matters worse.

Our view has not changed – the global debt crisis has escalated to a point where the government bond bubble has inflated itself to become the mother of all bubbles. It’s going to burst, and when it does it wont be pretty.

Further evidence to support our view is as follows:

Continue . . . http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-15/crisis-spreading-china-australia-brazil-canada-sweden

Note to mod, is this link on your list of approved sources I'm allowed to post? I have no idea of what sources I am allowed to use or not use seeing as how you refuse to tell me and your preferences and reasons for secretly deleting my posts seem to change by the hour.

#1 poncho, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This comment is awaiting moderation.