1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The DaVinci Code Movie

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JRG39402, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Campus Crusade has some resources on dealing with the movie's impact.

The page below (linked from the page above) shows a book ($1.50 each if a carton of 42 is purchased, otherwise, $3.95) and a booklet guide to the movie which is only $17.50 for 50 of them or 35 cents each.

http://www.campuscrusade.com/DaVinciquest/

You can click on the booklet guide and see the Table of Contents or download more.

Some here may not care but a few might appreciate these resources for their church or themselves. So this is for you. [​IMG]

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, rsr! I will bookmark that one and add it to my collection! I have 17 other links to various Chritian articles on or responding to the Da Vinci Code. Probe Ministries has good stuff.

I posted the link above because I think it's neat there is a colorful pamphlet you could give someone or go over with someone who likes the movie or who is questioning the Bible or Jesus' deity or whatever.

4. Karen

Karen Active Member

Thanks, rsr, and Marcia.

Karen

5. jeffb

jeffb New Member

People who are "on the fence" are going to use this as a reason to jump over. Instead of attacking the movie, or book, if there are people you know, try strengthening their faith. I always found that to be much more productive that attacking anything.

There is also a "debunking" the davinci code movie, that goes through all the points.

The DaVinci Code is marketed as fiction, at least the last time I checked, that is where it was. That alone should be enought for people to NOT see it, or take it seriously. But for the weaker in faith, yes, it is a problem.

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I have read some material on what the book is about and have read several apologetics regarding the material in the book. I have posted a couple of good sites omn the board here about a week or so ago.

Now the question is, if I did'nt plan on going to the movie anyway does it serve any purpose to boycott it? [​IMG]

7. grahame

grahame New Member

That is an interesting point. The early fathers are useful for this kind of background information. And that the NT canon didn't suddenly appear during the reign of Constantine the Great, but that those canonical books were being used by the early church constantly.