1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Dependable Word of God

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Anti-Alexandrian

Done have.Do a search.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What does "done have" mean? and What would I search for?

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Oh, I would be EXTREMELY careful in calling the Word of God "not the Word of God" just because it came from Alexandria.

Do you not realize that many of the Alexandrian manuscripts were mostly kept by Jews who escaped the wrath of the Roman (and other empires) by moving to Egypt? These Jews were, in many cases, much more conservative and careful with God's word than some of the Pharisees who lived in Jerusalem, who had no problem doctoring the word.

Only a few Alexandrian manuscripts are used in MV's. You KJVO's jump onto a word like "Alexandrian" as if they were evil because they were found in Alexandria. How about the "dead-sea scrolls" found just south-east of Jerusalem. I assume that since their location was the heart of Judea, they must be accurate in every concept?

Show me one Biblical authority that says the KJV is God's only Word in ENGLISH. ALso, show me why the English language would be so blessed to be the only langugae to have God's word. Then, finally, show me why the KJV written only a few hundred years ago and modified more than 100 times is God's ONLY word. (Notice I said ONLY, I am NOT against the KJV--I just believe it is God's Word just like my ESV is also God's Word.) So, be careful what you say about God's Word.

Which KJV version in your mind is God's true word that is inerrant? :eek:

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Its obvious that we never get straight answers from KJVO's. You can give them a list of questions and only one KJVO that I know of in the history of this board actually tried his best to answer my list (failed miserably--but, did try hard). The rest like to point to KVJO links where they list words that are left out, etc. Same ol' same ol'. Don't expect any direct answers and if you get any, be surprised.
    :D

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A_A:Still up to the same ol'baloney huh? Never bringing nothing to the discussion table but the same old tired tripe,you know:"by who's authority" or "KJBO hooey" or "KJBO myth",etc...The list just keep growing...

And i'm gonna KEEP asking till the KJVOs give a legitimate reply. Their failure to do so tells the rest of us they're clueless. And the KJVO myth is JUST THAT-A MYTH,hooey, etc. How do we know? By the complete failure of the KJVO advocates to offer any EVIDENCE to PROVE their doctrine has any credibility whatsoever.

I remember you repling about being a cop;that explains a lot.Most officers I've known think they are ALWAYS right no matter what.

Care to argue with an officer IN COURT to see who's right? Anyway, that was in my BC days, and has NOTHING to do whatsoever with the versions issue. If you think I'm wrong in calling KJVO a false doctrine, a myth, a bunch of codwallop, etc. you have complete freedom to prove me wrong right here. So far ya aint done so hot. Could it be you're trying to plow the sea?

Well sir,you are wrong if you think anything that has Alexandria's fingerprints is the word of God.

Proof, please? All I've seen is politics & opinion so far. This is why I ridicule the KJVO myth-its advocates are all talk & no walk.

And no SCRIPTURAL support!