1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Effects Of Calvinism On Scripture

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MB, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The book of response is the Bible.
    The Bible says we were dead in our trespasses and sins...but God (not man) made us alive with Christ...
    Read it, MB. You will find it in Ephesians 2.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes they keep shooting them selves in the foot don't they?
    MB

3. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL
    How is God helpless by authoritatively choosing, MB?
    According to scripture, God saves a person because God has elected to save that person. There are no restrictions on whom God elects. God gets to make that decision.
    Why do you hate the fact that God makes the decision, MB?
    You say you believe in God's Supremacy, yet you hate that he Supremely chooses whom he will save and whom he will not save without any input from you.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, your view is crushed by the very words -to which you say "Bingo." One cannot make up the ignorance you display regarding scripture.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Walpole

Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is what happens when you have a God who acts completely arbitrary and contra-Logos.

I have been enjoying your posts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus did not call Judas a sheep, Jesus specifically calls Judas a devil, yet you continue to believe devils are sheep. Your making up stuff. How can a person be a sheep and also be a devil. Your illogically deceptive and just to suit your religious philosophy.

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read it many times but Calvinist avoid the religious definition of spiritual death.
    10. Separation or alienation of the soul from God; a being under the dominion of sin, and destitute of grace or divine life; called spiritual death.
    You believe it means inanimate unable to believe. Bur man has a measure of faith and when he hears the gospel can place his faith in Christ. Hearing the gospel is what makes it increase. This done by the carnal man because the gospel is just the milk of the word.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  8. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Our Blessed Lord explicitly calls Judas a sheep...

---> "Behold, I am sending you [the twelve] out as sheep in the midst of wolves." (Mt. 10:16)

---> "And Jesus said to them [the twelve], 'You will all fall away, for it is written, 'I will strike the shepherd and the sheep will be scattered.'" (Mk 14:27)

In addition, he is also called a "disciple" (Mt. 10:1), an "Apostle" (Mt. 10:2-4), one of "the twelve" (Luke 22:47) , sent to "proclaim the kingdom of God" (Luke 9:2), "chosen" (John 6:70) and a "friend" (Mt. 26:50).

If Calvinism is true, then Judas must be its patron saint. He must be looking down in glory from heaven at this very moment.

#108 Walpole, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  9. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, "the religious definition of spiritual death." From what cracker jack box do you take your authority, MB?

10. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said "one of you is a devil" canceling what you say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ...Then you must also remove Peter as a sheep because Jesus called him "Satan". (Mt. 16:23)

• Like Like x 1
  12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that. You see Judas was entered by Satan making him a devil. Judas was the one who was lost for becoming the son of perdition.Before the devil entered him he was a sheep.
    Joh_13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
    We can honestly say the devil made him do it.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  13. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is interesting the devil chooses this moment, at the Last Supper, which is the fulfillment of what Jesus spoke of in His bread of life discourse in John 6. It is precisely at this bread of life discourse where many of Jesus' followers, including Judas, chose to no longer follow Him. They found Jesus' words on the bread of life being his flesh and blood to be too intolerable to accept. (cf. John 6:50-71)

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have any authority unless it is given me by God.This is what Spiritual death means and you thought it meant dead and eaten by worms. Spiritual death isn't like physical and neither is being born again like the natural birth. your deception causes you think they are similar.. If you were to die and go to hell it would not be torment unless you were conscious enough to experience it Spiritual Death is separation from God..
    MB

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to go back and study scripture.
    MB

16. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is folly, because Jesus called Judas a 'devil' before any of that happened.

I have noticed in other conversations with people who try to dispute calvinism, they seem to love Judas Iscariot.

17. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope
    I mean that you have no spiritual capacity to choose God. Your spirit is dead because you missed the mark. Sin has killed you.
    Unless God makes you alive, you cannot respond to God in choice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does God's word say we cannot respond to the gospel? You present no scripture to support your nonsense. This is how I know what you say is false.

:rolleyes: Every where there are hypocrites.. The proud and intellectual. Those who claim Salvation and cannot prove it. Pitiful.
    Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
    Luk_16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    Luk_16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
    Luk_16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
    luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
    MB

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh No don't slap me in the face with your false accusations. All Calvinist use this tactic . If you can't disprove what they say accuse them of all sorts of nonsense. Can't you be more original. I'd be ashamed if I were you. You can;t even defend the hearsay you believe in. Go ahead attack me with your accusations. Does it make you feel superior:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh
    MB

20. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 3
    "No one seeks God..."

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.